Jobless rate hits 9.7%

The context was that President George Bush was lying

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998[/QUOTE]

11 year old quote....hardly relevant

key word "has been engaged" vs "is engaged"

I still think the real number is much higher. Unemployment has to be well into double digits at this point. Just take a good look around you. These are clearly Al Gore Fuzzy Math calculations. 9.7% Unemployment is certainly a low-ball number. These numbers are likely as bogus as this administration is. I'm sure by next year they will be telling us that the economy has fully recovered and everything is just rosy. I said a long time ago that they were going to say that whether it is true or not and with no credible MSM out there to question them,they will just go on lying. They raped the American Tax Payer to bail their corrupt corporate cretins out so they know they have to be incredibly aggressive with their justification spin. I'm just not believing much coming from Hopey Changey at this point.

Man... they raped the tax payer to bail out the people who they forced to do what they did to run the economy into the ground...

Now this is Progressive Policy 101... Jump in bed with Big-biz... It's how they fund all of their bribery of the idiot-class; AKA: the great unwashed... the 'independent, centrist, moderate a-politicos... who are still tuning into MSNBC to get the latest on Michael Jackson... Which FTR: He's still dead...

They implement absurd federal policy which makes them a fortune, then when the whole thing collapses, they bail their asses out; and they make a fortune...

It's a SCAM! And there's no secret who 'THEY' are... and "They" are decidely NOT Americans... "THEY" are the independent, centrist, moderate, PROGRESSIVES... The Bawney Fwanks, Maxine Waters, John "We can't read the Bills" Conyers; the Joe Biden, Arlen Specter, Olivea Snow, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid types...

We've been SCREWED brother... and if we don't get a hold of this nonsense... we're positively FUCKED!

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

key word "has been engaged" vs "is engaged"[/QUOTE]

ROFLMNAO... man what the hell are you smokin'? Hussein (The former President of Iraq, not the current President of the US) was a the most destablizing nuisance in the Middle east... he was an OVERT proponent of international Islamic terrorism and I don't give a DAMN what you think about what he was building or not building; I don't give a fuck whehter or not you feel or felt that Hussein was a threat to the US...

You weren't making the calls (thank God) on such matters, Hussein is Dead, Iraq is a free, sovereign nation which is operating on it's OWN freely elected government, that governs upon the Constitution IRAQ's representative wrote and it can't be noted enough, that SINCE the US relieved the planet of that boil on the ass of the world... there are now THREE self-governing US allies in the Middle east, where there was only ONE, prior to that.

So piss off... it's over and the crying about it is even less relevant now than it was THEN and it wasn't relevant at all THEN.

Yes i predicted awhile back that by next year they will be claiming that the economy is in full recovery and that everything is just rosy. Gee what a coincidence,just in time for elections? Like i said earlier,Hopey Changey is going to say that everything is just rosy whether it is true or not and with a corrupt Liberal dominated subservient MSM,their lies will not be questioned. I'm still not buying their numbers. 9.7% Unemployment is definitely a low-ball number. The real number is well into double digits.

Last edited:
Yes obscure statistics like the stock market losing 50% of its value
like housing prices dropping 30%
Like unemployment numbers doubling
Like the value of the dollar dropping 33%
Those are as much as a problem with monetary policy at the Fed as anything any of remocrats and depublicans are doing.

But you feel free to keep grabbing at them stats as though they're in a vacuum...It's what partisan hack-in-the-boxes do best.

Yes obscure statistics like the stock market losing 50% of its value
like housing prices dropping 30%
Like unemployment numbers doubling
Like the value of the dollar dropping 33%
Those are as much as a problem with monetary policy at the Fed as anything any of remocrats and depublicans are doing.

But you feel free to keep grabbing at them stats as though they're in a vacuum...It's what partisan hack-in-the-boxes do best.

Yes keep telling yourself that

Ummmmm....we didn't trash the economy....umm it happened all by itself

But...but....the economy isn't getting better because of what Obama did.....it would have happened anyway

ROFLMNAO... man what the hell are you smokin'? Hussein (The former President of Iraq, not the current President of the US) was a the most destablizing nuisance in the Middle east... he was an OVERT proponent of international Islamic terrorism and I don't give a DAMN what you think about what he was building or not building; I don't give a fuck whehter or not you feel or felt that Hussein was a threat to the US...

You weren't making the calls (thank God) on such matters, Hussein is Dead, Iraq is a free, sovereign nation which is operating on it's OWN freely elected government, that governs upon the Constitution IRAQ's representative wrote and it can't be noted enough, that SINCE the US relieved the planet of that boil on the ass of the world... there are now THREE self-governing US allies in the Middle east, where there was only ONE, prior to that.

So piss off... it's over and the crying about it is even less relevant now than it was THEN and it wasn't relevant at all THEN.[/QUOTE]

Sorry pal....I just can't pass that one up. Are you really that gullible?

Iraq is a nation because we spend $2 Billion a week to make sure the warring factions don't kill eachother. As soon as we pull out, they will go at eachother. Iraq was a civil war in the making and we removed the only thing preventing the war.
Three self governing allies???
Two of them only exist because we propped them up. They will both turn on the US at the first opportunity. Israel is our only ally.
Afghanistan was a legitimate fight. Terrorists were actively training there and supported by the Taliban government. We swept in, drove out the Taliban and were on the verge of capturing Osama bin laden and the Taliban leaders when what happened???
Stupid fucking moron George Bush decided to pull back and commit his forces to attacking Iraq. Bin Laden escaped, Taliban regrouped and started taking back the cities. Bush gave back fucking Afghanistan because he wanted to attack non-threat Iraq
Now Obama has to go back in there, put more Americans at risk and restabilize Afghanistan because fucking Bush botched two wars

So piss off... it's over and the crying about it is even less relevant now than it was THEN and it wasn't relevant at all THEN.

So many things wrong with what you said.
1. Iran is a much more destabilizing force than Iraq under Saddam was, and our invasion only made their hand that much stronger.
2. Beyond his support for Palestinian terrorist organizations, there really isn't evidence of ties between Saddam and terrorist groups (and Palestinian groups don't represent a security threat to the United States).
3. Iraq's government is fundamentally unstable.
4. It is yet to be seen if the Iraqi government will be an American ally (and it's very likely it will not be once US forces are removed).

June unemployment rate: 9.5 (scary) July: 9.4 (hooray the stimulus is working) August: 9.7 (gulp)

August 2007 4.6% Bush
July 2008 6.0% Bush up 1.4% in a year
Jan 2009 8.5% Bush leaves office up 1.5% in 6 months, up almost 4% in 1 1/2 yr
Aug 2009 9.7% Obama up 1.2% in 7 months

Convenient how Radioman ignores unemployment trends and the fact that even his own numbers show a stabilization of the existing trend. But when you are trying to deceive people, you only show the numbers that support your case

Last edited:
Look it's real simple,by next year Hopey Changey will claim that the economy is in full recovery and everything is just Rosy. Hey just in time for those Elections right? They are already planning this B.S. propaganda as we speak. The fact is Hopey Changey is merely George Bush on Steroids at this point. He has simply taken all of George Bush's worst ideas like "Stimulus Packages" and made them much much worse. So the only change i've seen so far from Hopey Changey is that things have gotten much much worse. The economy is chit? So what who cares? They're gonna tell you it's just Rosy anyway. Hopey Changey is just a very sad scam. :(

So piss off... it's over and the crying about it is even less relevant now than it was THEN and it wasn't relevant at all THEN.[/QUOTE]

Have you even read the Iraqi constitution? You may want to look up a copy and understand exactly what it was we helped put in place. Then do a little research on those ramifications.

Let me go ahead a point out of few things. Make sure you review "Article 2" where "Islam" is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation and no law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Have you ever read the Koran? Seriously, before you "crow" about how "free" Iraq is now, READ THE FRIGGING KORAN"!!! That's you homework assignment for making such dumb statements.

Next,

Find out what has happened to the Iraqi Christians. Do you even care? Christians have been in Iraq even BEFORE Muslims. Because of Bush and the Republicans, they have been pretty much wiped out. I think I read that 6 churches were burned last month and seven the month before. With the "National Religion" being "Islam", is there a place for the 1.2 to 1.4 MILLION Christians that were living peacefully under Saddam?

Whatever we think of Saddam, he wasn't our leader. They didn't invite us. They had no manufacturing nor any industry. We knew what they had. We sold it to them.

So your second homework assignment, "Find out what happened to the hundreds of thousands of Christians that lived in Iraq for the last two thousand years. Where are they now? How much better are their lives?" Once you find that out, ask yourself, "Would a country that did that to their own Christians be friends with a country that is 80% Christian?"

And then, the thousand dollar question, "What did Bush do to help the Christians of Iraq?"

You find all that out, and you will be on the road to thinking for yourself and not just repeating Republican talking points.

June unemployment rate: 9.5 (scary) July: 9.4 (hooray the stimulus is working) August: 9.7 (gulp)

August 2007 4.6% Bush

Convenient how Radioman ignores unemployment trends and the fact that even his own numbers show a stabilization of the existing trend. But when you are trying to deceive people, you only show the numbers that support your case

Funny how rdean doesn't get the point of my post.

Not surprising. But funny.

(Where did I even mention Bush?)

August 2007 4.6% Bush

To be fair to Radioman, his only argument is that certain people were using the July numbers to tout the effects of stimulus. While I think the stimulus is and will continue to have a positive benefit, that line of reasoning was very short-sighted.

August 2007 4.6% Bush

To be fair to Radioman, his only argument is that certain people were using the July numbers to tout the effects of stimulus. While I think the stimulus is and will continue to have a positive benefit, that line of reasoning was very short-sighted.

The stimulus has not kicked in yet. At best it stabilized a skrocketing unemployment rate. The numbers radioman poste d show stable unemployment....the ones I posted show unemployment out of control

August 2007 4.6% Bush

Pretty much. And if people have been paying attention I have already stated that this is still "Bush's" economy, if any president's name can be placed on an economic period. I have also stated that a president has very little effect on the overall economy, and almost zero in the short term.

It's always the unintended consequences of economic policies that come 'round years later to bite us in the ass.

Edit : As a matter of fact, IMO we are just now into "Bush's" economy. Keep in mind that I used " ".

Last edited:
Rightwinger said:

Sorry pal....I just can't pass that one up. Are you really that gullible?

Iraq is a nation because we spend $2 Billion a week to make sure the warring factions don't kill eachother. As soon as we pull out, they will go at eachother. Iraq was a civil war in the making and we removed the only thing preventing the war.

Hey cocksmoker... We're nto gauranteeing anyone, anything... This country is one bad Marxist decision away from Civil war...

Fact: The US removed the most destabilizing element in the middle east from the middle-east... One Saddam Hussein...
Fact: The US provided for Iraq to form a FREELY ELECTED GOVERNMENT...
Fact: Free Iraqis elected their own government, wrote their own constitution and are governing themselves...

FACT: That government exists today...

PERIOD.

If Iraq can't keep it, that's Iraq's problem...

If Iraq devolves back into a terrorist promoting 3rd world shit-hole and allows itself to become complicit in the actions of those that attack the US again... we'll just go back to Iraq and kick the shit out of them AGAIN!

Three self governing allies???
Two of them only exist because we propped them up. They will both turn on the US at the first opportunity. Israel is our only ally.

Well sis, you can say the same about Europe... If the US hadn't propped Europe would be satellites of Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union...

Afghanistan was a legitimate fight. Terrorists were actively training there and supported by the Taliban government. We swept in, drove out the Taliban and were on the verge of capturing Osama bin laden and the Taliban leaders when what happened???

ROFL... Do what?

We were on the verge of Capturing Bin Laden? LOL... Where the fuck did you here THAT? Enough with the fairy tales... Bin Laden escaped at Tora Bora... and hasn't been seen since...

Iraq had absolutely NOTHING to do with Bin Laden escaping... The US wasn't going to send serious numbers of troops to Afghanistan... and it's a mistake to do so now.

This idiocy that the campaign in Iraq somehow stripped the campaign in Afghanistan of assets which it needed is PURE, UNADULTERATED NONSENSE. Such is the delusion of chidlren and fools; with children having the advantage of potentially being able to outgrow it.

As it stands right now... the US military is stuck with a subversive in the White House which will do whatever he can to undermine their means to fight the enemy... At this point they should do the bare-ass minimum, do whatever they need to do to protect themselves and wait out the clock for an American to be seated as the US Executive; at which time we can once again get back to killing Marxist Muslims by the gross...

Last edited:
Bush had the audacity to start two wars...
Both of which he botched the execution. He involved the US in two conflicts that to this day we have been unable to disengage from. He destabilized the region and has not made the US any safer. We are now the peacekeeper in two countries that are killing our soldiers and will never achieve a democracy without US maintaining the peace.

August 2007 4.6% Bush

Pretty much. And if people have been paying attention I have already stated that this is still "Bush's" economy, if any president's name can be placed on an economic period. I have also stated that a president has very little effect on the overall economy, and almost zero in the short term.

It's always the unintended consequences of economic policies that come 'round years later to bite us in the ass.

Edit : As a matter of fact, IMO we are just now into "Bush's" economy. Keep in mind that I used " ".

Golly... That sounds so enlightened... The thing is that Bush's economic policy was that of the CENTRIST... He cut taxes, towards respecting Conservative policy and he implemented MASSIVE quanities of social spending; the largest increase since 1967... to appease the Left.

Now there is no means for cutting the liability to the market; through in Bush's case, the across the board cutting of income taxes... and in reducing regulatory liabilities... to promote a reduction in the work-force... in point of fact, such policy can only promote the precise opposite... And I doubt that anyone would argue that in terms of ideology; such policy is a trait of the ideological right; AKA: Conservative policy; OKA: American policy...

Thus, it is a certainty that the Conservative elements of Bush's policy did not result in ANY even POTENTIAL economic downside...

However, the enormous expenditures relevant to the MASSIVE increases in Social-entitlement spending; which necessarily includes the absurd levels of irresponsibility of the Leftist Legislature with hundreds of BILLIONS in earmark spending... ADDED to the RIDICULOUS Marxist Policy instituted by the Federal Reserve and the Leftist Legislature that forced the Mortgage industry to set aside actuarially sound lending policy; which busted the mortage/real-estate industry... caused the economic crash and the Socialist BAIL-out only made matters worse.

Unemployment is NOT 'leveling off...' It's not GOING to level off and the reason it is not going to level off is that companies are still SHRINKING. And why are companies still shrinking? Because there is very little if ANY demand for their products... And there is little demand for their products, because there is little faith that the Marxist policies which are being advanced by this Regime will sustain a viable market...

What people are seeing is a Federal policy which punishes production and profit; and where such is discouraged, it ENCOURAGES protectionist policy by those who are being targeted...

So companies will do what they have to do with as few people as is possible... and right now, we're on the verge of another round of layoffs, as companies are finding that demand for their products and services are insufficient to sustain the few employess which they've held on to, in hopes of the recovery which they've been expecting for over a year.

So, sure you can bitch about 'Bush's Economy' as much as ya like... but there is no element of Bush's Conservative fiscal policy which is responsible for any of this...

Forum List

Back