Jobless Rate Climbs to 9.8 Percent in September

Ame®icano;1616130 said:
This is follow up.

We all know stimulus is working. In fact, it's working so great that another one is needed.

As Dow closed today above 10,000, which is a good news, I only wonder is that thanks to the stimulus, falling dollar or maybe something else.

Pelosi Signals More Stimulus Funding on the Way
New Stimulus on the Way

Obama is propping up the stock market solely with his messianic qualities and magnetic personae. P/E ratios no longer matter. Earnings are not required. Cash flow is irrelevant! All you need are hopey and changey thoughts, a monosyllabic mantra (yes we can!!) , and an agressive Federal Reserve policy and the stock market will go up 65% per year forever!!!! Believe it and you can Achieve it!!! This joy ride is never gonna end!!

Obama is the change we have been seeking, he is "the one". (roll eyes)

If a tree falls in the woods and there is not a government representative present to hear it, did the tree make any noise?

The answer is no, it does not matter. Without our benevolent government to catalog and measure our every human interaction, all life is meaningless and ultimately, futile. We live solely to serve the collective and for the betterment of the state. More govt is the answer to every question.

PS- if you live in California, and an "Oak Tree" falls in the woods, someone is going to jail. Here, Oak Trees are more valuable than human life. Finally a state that has it's priorities straight!! (heavy sarcasm)

Obama is propping up the stock market solely with his messianic qualities and magnetic personae. P/E ratios no longer matter. Earnings are not required. Cash flow is irrelevant! All you need are hopey and changey thoughts, a monosyllabic mantra (yes we can!!) , and an agressive Federal Reserve policy and the stock market will go up 65% per year forever!!!! Believe it and you can Achieve it!!! This joy ride is never gonna end!!

If a tree falls in the woods and there is not a government representative present to hear it, did the tree make any noise?

The answer is no, it does not matter. Without our benevolent government to catalog and measure our every human interaction, all life is meaningless and ultimately, futile. We live solely to serve the collective and for the betterment of the state. More govt is the answer to every question.

PS- if you live in California, and an "Oak Tree" falls in the woods, someone is going to jail. Here, Oak Trees are more valuable than human life. Finally a state that has it's priorities straight!! (heavy sarcasm)

LOL. Thank God for Ayn Rand, even though She didn't believe in Him. She sure whew the Statist crowd.

Ame®icano;1616130 said:
Ame®icano;1578921 said:
I was joking about it... but looks like that is not a joke anymore.

Obama’s Economic “Triage”
Obama Eyes Economic Triage for Unemployed

Are you f*cking kidding me?

This is follow up.

We all know stimulus is working. In fact, it's working so great that another one is needed.

As Dow closed today above 10,000, which is a good news, I only wonder is that thanks to the stimulus, falling dollar or maybe something else.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that Democrats are considering "an array" of additional stimulus measures, including aid to states, homebuyer credits, business tax breaks and extended unemployment insurance.

New Stimulus on the Way

Just to put things into perspective, The DOW Jones was up above 14,000 and down below 6500 within the last couple three years. (?) Being at 10,000 is nothing to be surpreised about, although it is nice to see it.

I remember talking about the rise to 10,000 with co-workers during the Clinton years when we had never been there before. I don't recall the exact year. 1997 or 8? That was a rocket rise to heights never before seen.

Today's rise to 10,000 given the devalued dollar is probably about 8500 in terms of the dollars that were in use at that time. Still, though, this is good news and I'll take any good news I can find.

Ame®icano;1616130 said:
This is follow up.

New Stimulus on the Way

Just to put things into perspective, The DOW Jones was up above 14,000 and down below 6500 within the last couple three years. (?) Being at 10,000 is nothing to be surpreised about, although it is nice to see it.

I remember talking about the rise to 10,000 with co-workers during the Clinton years when we had never been there before. I don't recall the exact year. 1997 or 8? That was a rocket rise to heights never before seen.

Today's rise to 10,000 given the devalued dollar is probably about 8500 in terms of the dollars that were in use at that time. Still, though, this is good news and I'll take any good news I can find.

What is the dollar worth in comparison? How does that effect the curve if any?

Here is another proof that stimulus is working.

Despite concerted government-led and lender-supported efforts to prevent foreclosures, the number of filings hit a record high in the third quarter, according to a report issued Thursday.

"They were the worst three months of all time," said Rick Sharga, spokesman for RealtyTrac, an online marketer of foreclosed homes.

During that time, 937,840 homes received a foreclosure letter -- whether a default notice, auction notice or bank repossession, the RealtyTrac report said. That means one in every 136 U.S. homes were in foreclosure, which is a 5% increase from the second quarter and a 23% jump over the third quarter of 2008.

Foreclosures: 'Worst three months of all time' - CNN Money.

Mr. President, Where are the jobs?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MjQ17kDng]YouTube - Obama vs Obama on the Stimulus[/ame]

Ame®icano;1618370 said:
Here is another proof that stimulus is working.

Despite concerted government-led and lender-supported efforts to prevent foreclosures, the number of filings hit a record high in the third quarter, according to a report issued Thursday.

"They were the worst three months of all time," said Rick Sharga, spokesman for RealtyTrac, an online marketer of foreclosed homes.

During that time, 937,840 homes received a foreclosure letter -- whether a default notice, auction notice or bank repossession, the RealtyTrac report said. That means one in every 136 U.S. homes were in foreclosure, which is a 5% increase from the second quarter and a 23% jump over the third quarter of 2008.

Foreclosures: 'Worst three months of all time' - CNN Money.

That is OK, because all of the auction sales will be loudly ballyhooed as "A TREMENDOUS INCREASE IN EXISTING HOME SALES!" As we all know, those existing home sales are another GREEN SHOOT.

Last edited:
Does anyone understand... If the Obama plan to save homes from foreclosure is failing, why his followers & beleivers are all ready to jump on his government health care program?

I have to agre, Obama did make sure that we have a GM dealership to visit or an AIG office to walk into or government own bank to put money into, but beside all that... what has this administration really done for us?

Most clear thinkers knew the phrase "jobs saved" was a joke when we first heard it, along with all the other Obama's BS about jobs created. Seems there's some problems with "jobs saved" and a few other Barackism's concerning creating taxpayers.

Gaffes in federal reports this week about stimulus have called into question the government's ability to accurately track how many jobs are being created by the massive $787 billion Recovery Act.

On stimulus jobs reporting, a big 'Oops' - CNN Money

Forum List

Back