Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Rise...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I know this Administration is shrugging this off but this isn't a good sign considering temporary Holiday hiring usually shows an uptick in employment.

New claims for unemployment benefits rose unexpectedly last week, popping above 400,000 for the first time in just over a month and reinforcing the view that the battered labor market was healing only slowly.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits climbed to a seasonally adjusted 402,000 from an upwardly revised 396,000 in the prior week, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast claims at 390,000.

The U.S. economy has gathered steam in the second half of the year, expanding at a 2 percent annual rate in the third quarter. It could accelerate in the fourth quarter.

That could help the country avoid a new recession, which is expected in the euro zone. But economists still see a risk of a U.S. recession next year, especially if lawmakers allow extended unemployment benefits and a payroll tax cut to expire at the end of

Read more: Weekly Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Rise | Fox Business

I know this Administration is shrugging this off but this isn't a good sign considering temporary Holiday hiring usually shows an uptick in employment.

New claims for unemployment benefits rose unexpectedly last week, popping above 400,000 for the first time in just over a month and reinforcing the view that the battered labor market was healing only slowly.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits climbed to a seasonally adjusted 402,000 from an upwardly revised 396,000 in the prior week, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

The U.S. economy has gathered steam in the second half of the year, expanding at a 2 percent annual rate in the third quarter. It could accelerate in the fourth quarter.

That could help the country avoid a new recession, which is expected in the euro zone. But economists still see a risk of a U.S. recession next year, especially if lawmakers allow extended unemployment benefits and a payroll tax cut to expire at the end of

DAMN YOU PAULIE..

You just killed Chris's rants for the last 24 hours. :lol:

keep wishing for American failure.

It really helps you recruit voters

*shugs* I am surprised. I expected an uptick in 24-32 hour temp hiring/semi bullshit perm., seasonal yada yada

in any event here is news with a bit more heft;) and is consistent with the fact that the q3 gdp was downgraded to 2.0% from 2.5...

Productivity Weaker Than Thought, Wages Slip

Published: Wednesday, 30 Nov 2011 | 8:38 AM ET

The rebound in U.S. nonfarm productivity growth was not as strong as previously estimated in the third quarter, while wages declined for two straight quarters, supporting the Federal Reserve's views of moderate inflation pressures.

Productivity increased at a 2.3 percent annual rate, the Labor Department said on Wednesday, a downward revision to its previous estimate of 3.1 percent.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast productivity, which measures hourly output per worker, being revised down to a 2.6 percent growth rate. The revision reflects a much slower gross domestic product growth pace during the July-September period.

News Headlines

Who is wishing? They just relayed the truth. You are upset because it proves you to be a hack. You won't comment on the story because it disproves what you have been trying to say about things getting better. Instead you lie about others. And you yourself are so quick to call others a liar. Get off your high horse already.

Who is wishing? They just relayed the truth. You are upset because it proves you to be a hack. You won't comment on the story because it disproves what you have been trying to say about things getting better. Instead you lie about others. And you yourself are so quick to call others a liar. Get off your high horse already.

She can't handle the truth.

Clinging to a weekly number that is up slightly so you can pronounce American failure for your sick poltical gain while you DENY much more signifigant inforamtion like a HUGE jump in consumer confidance is proof you are all putting party over country.

Have fun being partisan hacks who will be proven wrong and futher damage your failed party.

DAMN YOU PAULIE..

You just killed Chris's rants for the last 24 hours. :lol:

yes Chris's BBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
sheep.gif
via what he is fed from Meet the Depressed and Deface the Nation just got blowed up reel good......

Temporary Holiday hiring should boost Employment. But it will only be temporary. So expect a lot of crowing from this Administration over that but keep in mind it is only temporary.

*shugs* I am surprised. I expected an uptick in 24-32 hour temp hiring/semi bullshit perm., seasonal yada yada

in any event here is news with a bit more heft;) and is consistent with the fact that the q3 gdp was downgraded to 2.0% from 2.5...

Productivity Weaker Than Thought, Wages Slip

Published: Wednesday, 30 Nov 2011 | 8:38 AM ET

The rebound in U.S. nonfarm productivity growth was not as strong as previously estimated in the third quarter, while wages declined for two straight quarters, supporting the Federal Reserve's views of moderate inflation pressures.

Productivity increased at a 2.3 percent annual rate, the Labor Department said on Wednesday, a downward revision to its previous estimate of 3.1 percent.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast productivity, which measures hourly output per worker, being revised down to a 2.6 percent growth rate. The revision reflects a much slower gross domestic product growth pace during the July-September period.

News Headlines

Yea i saw that. It's bad news for sure. To be honest,i don't even buy their 9% Unemployment Number anymore. It has to be much higher. Businesses are shutting down all over the place. I just don't see how their number can stay at 9%. It just doesn't seem right. Regardless,it is bad news.

Forum List

Back