Jobless Claims Rise Unexpectedly Amid Labor Shortage: 412,000 Americans filed for initial jobless benefits, a month-long high.

Bidenomics working as planned.

A "month long" high? Wtf does that mean?
I read that and wondered why they said that as well.
However - that doesn't negate the loud and clear point - we had a high jobless claims number at the same time we are also experiencing a record high job OPENINGS.
Bringing obvious light on the major problem of these ridiculous generous unemployment benefits. In my state, after the extended-extended covid windfall benefit, with the usual unemployment benefit - a person in effect is getting paid the same as a $12/hr full time job.
Very little incentive there to go get a job. Even if it pays more than that.

However - that doesn't negate the loud and clear point - we had a high jobless claims number at the same time we are also experiencing a record high job OPENINGS.
Bringing obvious light on the major problem of these ridiculous generous unemployment benefits. In my state, after the extended-extended covid windfall benefit, with the usual unemployment benefit - a person in effect is getting paid the same as a $12/hr full time job.
Because it is referencing "initial" jobless claims... meaning that these people were employed but now are not. They haven't been collecting unemployment.

Because it is referencing "initial" jobless claims... meaning that these people were employed but now are not. They haven't been collecting unemployment.
Ah... missed the word "initial"... so yeah... that is very significant. And just puts even more emphasis that the extended-extended unemployment benefits is yet - ANOTHER - do good'er liberal policy that does the opposite of what is intended

Go ahead and automate alleged Capitalists, if you can't raise wages enough for Labor as the least wealthy in our Republic like you can for CEOs.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.

The Poor may be better off on unemployment compensation.

Go ahead and automate alleged Capitalists, if you can't raise wages enough for Labor as the least wealthy in our Republic like you can for CEOs.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.

The Poor may be better off on unemployment compensation.
Not as much a result of capitalism as corporatism.
Two different things. Very different things.
Capitalism is, without any argument, the best way we have as of yet to organize society economically.
Nothing - absolutely nothing even comes close. Nothing.
Corporatism however, cannot make that claim. Corporatist seek to centralize ownership of production, much in the same was as Communism.
Rather than a central government owning the production, private individuals own it. And in the past 40 years, throughout the world, and especially America, that centralized ownership has concentrated tremendously.
So, therefore, does the owners profits.

Your gripe is aimed at the wrong thing. It isn't capitalism.

My gripe is that right-wingers are just plain social communists who whine about a lack of capitalism in public policies.
Your going to need to explain that one... not following where right wingers are "plain communist" and what is the difference, in your mind, between communism and social communism?

My gripe is that right-wingers are just plain social communists who whine about a lack of capitalism in public policies.
Your going to need to explain that one... not following where right wingers are "plain communist" and what is the difference, in your mind, between communism and social communism?
Not much. Right wingers only care about Individual Liberty when guns are involved not natural rights they allege to care about abortion threads.

Not much. Right wingers only care about Individual Liberty when guns are involved not natural rights they allege to care about abortion threads.
Never mind... you must be drunk or something... cause that is some serious nonsensical rambling there

Never mind... you must be drunk or something... cause that is some serious nonsensical rambling there
You have some seriously nonsensical sense. Are you on the right wing?

Forum List

Back