Jobless claims rise or MSM covers for Obama by using unexpectedly

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic

Did you ever notice with all the bad economic news Papa Obama's policies have created, the MSM likes to cover for him by using the term "unexpectedly". Really, only the MSM and the left like to think it was unexpected, everyone else knows the truth that is is not.

First-time jobless claims rise unexpectedly
New jobless claims rise unexpectedly to 480,000 as layoffs continue, jobs remain scarce

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The number of newly laid-off workers filing initial claims for jobless benefits rose unexpectedly last week, evidence that layoffs are continuing and jobs remain scarce.

The rise is the fourth in the past five weeks. Most economists hoped that claims would resume a downward trend that was evident in the fall and early winter.

The Labor Department said Thursday that new claims for unemployment insurance rose by 8,000 to a seasonally adjusted 480,000. Wall Street economists had expected a drop to 460,000, according to Thomson Reuters.

The Liberal dominated MSM has covered for him since day one. This is just another example. If this guy had an (R) by his name,i'm pretty sure the MSM would be covering this President's numerous failings in a completely different fashion. It is sad but it is what it is.

It is SOP for the MSM and the left

SEE:

MSM soft treatment of Obama-show of support or soft bigotry of low expectations?

When one looks at the favorite treatment that Papa Obama gets in the MSM, it seems that the MSM is just supporting him because they, as well, are mostly liberal.

But in retrospect, when ones considers the approach that most white liberals take when it comes to minorities in the US, affirmative action; lowered expectations etc.

The question becomes, is the liberal press just showing "true" support for Papa Obama's failed policies or are they showing the liberal's soft bigotry of low expectations that they have for minorities in general? Of course, by keeping the bar low, it will be easier for Papa Obama to "pass the test"

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they genuinely WERE surprised. Obama said it was going to improve... therefor, they bought it...hook line and sinker. So when the inevitable happened, they were taken by surprise. The really ODD thing is that it has happened to them over and over and they still take the bait every time. And we thought fish were stupid....go figure.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they genuinely WERE surprised. Obama said it was going to improve... therefor, they bought it...hook line and sinker. So when the inevitable happened, they were taken by surprise. The really ODD thing is that it has happened to them over and over and they still take the bait every time. And we thought fish were stupid....go figure.

Possible,

but seeing how the MSM gives him a "free ride", it would not surprise me if they are being genuinely dishonest by trying to make it sound not so bad

Possible,

but seeing how the MSM gives him a "free ride", it would not surprise me if they are being genuinely dishonest by trying to make it sound not so bad

Either way, it's scary to think that one man has that much psychological power over a group of mindless ingrades who would rather lie to America than stand up for it.

Possible,

Either way, it's scary to think that one man has that much psychological power over a group of mindless ingrades who would rather lie to America than stand up for it.

I hear you

All part of the left's soft bigotry or the he is "too black to fail"

Meh....You can't hardly ever hear numbers like this from the so-called "experts" without them being "unexpected" or "surprising".

Makes me wonder how they ever became "experts".

The rumor out is that the unemployment numbers that are going to be released are
not going to be good

But be assured, if they are bad, it will be "unexpectedly"
:lol:

Meh....You can't hardly ever hear numbers like this from the so-called "experts" without them being "unexpected" or "surprising".

Makes me wonder how they ever became "experts".

The rumor out is that the unemployment numbers that are going to be released are
not going to be good

But be assured, if they are bad, it will be "unexpectedly"
:lol:

"unexpectedly unprecedented":lol:

Funny on back to back days we have this, and now today we are told there is 'good news' on jobs.

Which is it?

Why did this supposed liberal media beat the drums for war in Iraq and refuse to ask the questions that needed to be asked at the time?

Why did they fire people like Phil donahue?

Why did they get their asses kicked by the online news because of this?

They are corporations and being corporations they are giving the people what they want or dying.

When Bush was in office Olberman was nearly the ONLY person on TV telling the truth.

He turned out to be right about what he was reporting and all the others ended up being wrong.

You guys always forget the past.

Did you ever notice with all the bad economic news Papa Obama's policies have created, the MSM likes to cover for him by using the term "unexpectedly". Really, only the MSM and the left like to think it was unexpected, everyone else knows the truth that is is not.

New jobless claims rise unexpectedly to 480,000 as layoffs continue, jobs remain scarce

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The number of newly laid-off workers filing initial claims for jobless benefits rose unexpectedly last week, evidence that layoffs are continuing and jobs remain scarce.

The rise is the fourth in the past five weeks. Most economists hoped that claims would resume a downward trend that was evident in the fall and early winter.

The Labor Department said Thursday that new claims for unemployment insurance rose by 8,000 to a seasonally adjusted 480,000. Wall Street economists had expected a drop to 460,000, according to Thomson Reuters.

Unemployment Rate drops to 9.7%

WASHINGTON — The nation's unemployment rate tumbled unexpectedly to 9.7% in January, first time it's fallen below double digits since September, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.
Employers cut 20,000 jobs in January, fewest since the recession started in late 2007.

"Labor market conditions are still improving – but slowly," said Robert Dye, senior economist at PNC Financial.

Economists had expected the unemployment rate to stay near December's 10% and to see a modest increase in payroll employment.

Manufacturers, helped by a weak dollar and a rebounding global economy, added 11,000 jobs in January – first increase in factory jobs since January 2007. "Export-oriented manufacturers are looking quite strong," Dye said. "We have a big rebound in the auto industry after a near collapse." Auto and auto parts companies added 22,700 jobs.

Unemployment Rate drops to 9.7%

WASHINGTON — The nation's unemployment rate tumbled unexpectedly to 9.7% in January, first time it's fallen below double digits since September, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.
Employers cut 20,000 jobs in January, fewest since the recession started in late 2007.

"Labor market conditions are still improving – but slowly," said Robert Dye, senior economist at PNC Financial.

Economists had expected the unemployment rate to stay near December's 10% and to see a modest increase in payroll employment.

Manufacturers, helped by a weak dollar and a rebounding global economy, added 11,000 jobs in January – first increase in factory jobs since January 2007. "Export-oriented manufacturers are looking quite strong," Dye said. "We have a big rebound in the auto industry after a near collapse." Auto and auto parts companies added 22,700 jobs.

You left out of the article, an honest mistake I am sure you want the full story

:eusa_whistle:

Title should really be

Unemployment at 9.7% –so the the unemployment rate drops to 9.7% without adding a single job to it

Article:

The unemployment rate fell to its lowest level since August because a Labor Department survey of households found a sharp rise in the number of Americans with jobs. The survey found that 541,000 more Americans had jobs last month.

But those gains resulted from seasonal adjustments to the data. Without those adjustments, the data show fewer people had jobs last month.

But Paul Ashworth, an economist at Capital Economics, noted that the economy has been growing for six months, yet company payrolls are still shrinking.

"Based on what we've seen so far, we think it is fair to characterize this as another jobless recovery," Ashworth said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, you guys suck

I thought we could kick off a game of "My Messiah is better than your Messiah"!!

Forum List

Back