Jobless claims highest since April-great work Obama

It's almost like true conservatives can read the future or sometihng... "You mean to tell me that millions of people out there knew unemployment was going to shot through the roof, and even gave the month!"

Maybe some liberals will start to listen, wait... No, they will defend and attack..

It's almost like true conservatives can read the future or sometihng... "You mean to tell me that millions of people out there knew unemployment was going to shot through the roof, and even gave the month!"

Maybe some liberals will start to listen, wait... No, they will defend and attack..

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to know the policies of this President and Congress are DETRIMENTAL to Economic Growth. All you have to be is not a Blind Liberal Lemming.

More GOOD NEWS for the liberals. Obama's plans to keep the economy in the gutter and social discontent at a high are working as intended.

Who wants to work in the Summer anyway?

People who like to eat.

Look around.

People eat way too much anyway.

So Obama's "trash the ecconomy" plan was realy a "diet plan for America"! My god, I should have seen it! But then the debate would turn to who gets credit for this idea... Was it Bush who started the mess, Obama for taking it to whole news levels... Oh I bet then Obama would finaly take some heat for the situation the ecconomy and jobs are in, and there would be a whole lot of liberal people defending Obama saying... Yeah Bush fucked stuff up, but Obama REALLY fucked it up!

When Clinton was president, American jobs grew by 26 million.

When Bush was President, American jobs grew by 26 million, except, 23 million were in China.

Thanks Republicans for "growing" our economy.

When Bush was President, American jobs grew by 26 million, except, 23 million were in China.

And Clinton had a massive .com bubble that went right into the Housing bubble... that helped kill the nation.. noobshit~

And Clinton had a massive .com bubble that went right into the Housing bubble... that helped kill the nation.. noobshit~

And his wise idea on how to fix it. Grow Government, and try and RE INFLATE THE BUBBLES

And now Geithner has started talking down expectations of improvement by saying that it's going to get worse before it gets better.

The president if you can say that with a straight face is a talentless puppet. There is nothing he can do or is willing to do to solve this problem.

what, policywise, did clinton do to create those 26 million jobs? other than having the great fortune of being president during the dot.com bubble, which of his progressive policies led to such job growth?

i don't understand this argument from the left. clinton created 26 million jobs, bush created 1.2.
if it's that easy, if the argument is dems know how to create jobs and republicans don't, what exactly did clinton do to create those jobs? do obama's policies more closely resemble bush's or clinton's?

Last edited:
And now Geithner has started talking down expectations of improvement by saying that it's going to get worse before it gets better.

We need to fall in line with the rest of the western world with unemployment, we are facing the new norm when it comes to unemployment. Incredible...simply incredible.

Yes, growth is slowing, and the odds are that unemployment will rise, not fall, in the months ahead. That’s bad. But what’s worse is the growing evidence that our governing elite just doesn’t care — that a once-unthinkable level of economic distress is in the process of becoming the new normal.

And I worry that those in power, rather than taking responsibility for job creation, will soon declare that high unemployment is “structural,” a permanent part of the economic landscape — and that by condemning large numbers of Americans to long-term joblessness, they’ll turn that excuse into dismal reality.....

The point is that a large part of Congress — large enough to block any action on jobs — cares a lot about taxes on the richest 1 percent of the population, but very little about the plight of Americans who can’t find work.
Krugman: Is high unemployment the new norm? | The Salt Lake Tribune

Forum List

Back