Jobless claimes keep going up

I'm not surprised. Its going to continue to get worse until republicans get elected back into office.

Republicans are the reason things are so messed up.

Please explain your well thought out post redean. :lol:

you will have to wait on this one Meister....Dean is going to have to converse with Zona and Midcant first....and then run their reply by Pelosi to make sure its what she wants them to say....

Reality is briefly revealed in a total unemployment total of 8.4m for 2009. Yet we are to believe that over 500,000 have returned to work and unemployment is now down to 9.7%. I am unfortunately coming to the conclusion ALL governement issued numbers are highly manipulated. Stop the lies and start the jobs D.C.

Claims "keep going up?"

:eusa_eh:

showimage.asp

Reality is briefly revealed in a total unemployment total of 8.4m for 2009. Yet we are to believe that over 500,000 have returned to work and unemployment is now down to 9.7%. I am unfortunately coming to the conclusion ALL governement issued numbers are highly manipulated. Stop the lies and start the jobs D.C.

On the surface, people are dancing and the admninistration will be whooping it up for a couple of days.

In reality, 20K jobs were lost so a .03% drop in unemployment simply means that 3% of those that are unemployed gave up looking or their unemployemnt benefits expired.

Sadly, a drop in unemployment coupled with any positive number of jobs lost is a very bad scenario....morale is slipping quickly.

Will be interesting to see how the administratioin spins it. I hope they spin it in an effort to boost morale and not in an effort to make themselves look like heroes.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. Its going to continue to get worse until republicans get elected back into office.

Republicans are the reason things are so messed up.
Actually, the economy was doing quite well until the Democrats had control of congress for about a year and drove the deficits way up from the much smaller deficits ran by the republicans (which were still too big).

If you were overspending your income for years, deeply in debt, would you think it was a good idea to run up literally 10x the annual debt than you had before in order to try to get out of it? It's not exactly the same as being a federal government, but the principle stands.

What's funny is that the government should want to create more private sector jobs. More jobs = more taxable income. Of course, this democrat run congress and administration clearly won't let the fact that they don't have any money get in the way of spending like drunken sailors.

Last edited:
Interesting news today....the Nation's unemployment goes down, payrolls shrink.....????? Oh...and forgot this one....they "found" 500,000 peple who had jobs that previously weren't included in the unemployment numbers....:lol:

I found $8.96 in my couch last week but I didn't add it to my AGI when I did my taxes.

Who, exactly, do these people think their fooling?

Fear often makes that problem come true. The President's fear of unemployment numbers and the resulting losses to Democrats in Congress, will make him continue the lie of less unemployed. Americans not seeing what they are told will become increasingly upset with the Democrats. Just come clean and tell us reality. Then recruit real job creators to tell you what to do and do it.

Fear often makes that problem come true. The President's fear of unemployment numbers and the resulting losses to Democrats in Congress, will make him continue the lie of less unemployed. Americans not seeing what they are told will become increasingly upset with the Democrats. Just come clean and tell us reality. Then recruit real job creators to tell you what to do and do it.

I don't think he fears unemployment near so much as how people think of him. I can't remember a President that was so *transparent* as you could read his emotional response to all the criticism, his ego shows all the time...it's all about applause it seems. And he's not getting it.

Forum List

Back