Jobless claimes keep going up

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
But don't worry Obama and his minions think everything is fine now.

Jobless Claims Rose Unexpectedly Last Week - FOXBusiness.com

Claims for jobless benefits unexpectedly rose last week, a disappointing read on the economy in front of tomorrow’s monthly employment report.

The Labor Department said Thursday morning that seasonally adjusted initial claims came in at 480,000 for the week ended Jan. 30, an increase of 8,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 472,000.Economists were looking for a decrease of about 10,000.

The four-week moving average was 468,750, an increase of 11,750 from the previous week's revised average of 457,

I just can't think of anything this President has done right since taking office. Just pick an issue and he is sure to be on the wrong side. I mean any issue. I know this sounds partisan but it is how i feel. Pretty sad stuff.

What seems to be the case here is politicians think if they say something over and over and over again that they will wish it into reality.

This is what reality is.....if you add in all of the workers who gave up looking for work and the part timers who used to be full time employees the unemployment rate would be somewhere around 20 percent. This Administration is fudging the numbers in order to give the appearance to our creditors that we still have a strong economy and it's recovering....which is quite the opposite of what's happening. The only way to get this economic recovery underway is to create jobs in the private sector....right now Obama and all of his Stimulus bills have failed to do that. The money is only propping up the stock market and State governments. The reason why he's asking for a second stimulus is really quite simple.....the jobs haven't returned and the money is running out for the States to keep their government employees working.

Wait...wait...wait.

Recession's job losses likely to rise by nearly 1 million - Yahoo! Finance

Job losses during the recession may have been underestimated by close to a million jobs. So instead of employers cutting just over 7 million jobs from their payrolls since the economic downturn began in December 2007, it's expected that the Labor Department's new estimate will be a loss of 8 million jobs.

But the department has already given a preliminary look at this Friday's revision, and it says it believes it will show 824,000 fewer workers on payrolls than the current estimates. That would be the biggest downward revision in the 30 years for which comparisons of those adjustments is possible.

"There's certainly a disconnect between economists like myself who say the recession ended in May or June and the person on the street who says the recession hasn't ended," said John Canally, economist LPL Financial. "This report is only going to widen that gap."

BOOM!!!

This Administration's numbers have always been fudged. They have been busted on several occasions for making chit up. I do believe the Unemployment Rate is much higher than the 10% they keep pushing. Just can't trust their numbers anymore.

tomorrow more numbers on job loses will be released and this will prove that this administration has been cooking the numbers like they did with global warming!!!!

I just can't think of anything this President has done right since taking office. Just pick an issue and he is sure to be on the wrong side. I mean any issue. I know this sounds partisan but it is how i feel. Pretty sad stuff.

And you only feel that way because you're blindly partisian. If you were not blindly partision, you'd realize:

1. The stimulus package, though unpopular, stopped the economy from crashing at the bottom of the cliff it was driven over.

2. Trying terror suspects caught on American soil in federal court is in keeping with long standing precedent.

3. We're probably not going to go to war with the Russians, so cancelling the F-22 now is probably the right thing to do.

That's at least three things this administration has done that only the blindly partisian find fault with.

This Administration's numbers have always been fudged. They have been busted on several occasions for making chit up. I do believe the Unemployment Rate is much higher than the 10% they keep pushing. Just can't trust their numbers anymore.

Where have you been? The 'real unemployment' rate is ALWAYS higher than the numbers. Why? Because the 'I've exhausted UE benefits and I'm fed up and not looking anymore' are never counted in the published unemployment rate. That is nothing new. That's why when you were singing Dubya's praises on a 5.+ UE rate, we were telling you that it's higher than that.

But don't worry Obama and his minions think everything is fine now.

Jobless Claims Rose Unexpectedly Last Week - FOXBusiness.com

Claims for jobless benefits unexpectedly rose last week, a disappointing read on the economy in front of tomorrow’s monthly employment report.

The Labor Department said Thursday morning that seasonally adjusted initial claims came in at 480,000 for the week ended Jan. 30, an increase of 8,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 472,000.Economists were looking for a decrease of about 10,000.

The four-week moving average was 468,750, an increase of 11,750 from the previous week's revised average of 457,

Yes, and just wait until tomorrow when many believe that the unemployment count for the year will increase by 800,000 that were not counted before. I think that's why we are seeing the sell-off in the markets today.

Declaring the Recession "Over" was a big mistake. Just sounds like wishful thinking at this point. This White House continues to fudge the numbers. Things are much much worse than they're saying. It is what it is unfortunately.

And you only feel that way because you're blindly partisian. If you were not blindly partision, you'd realize:

1. The stimulus package, though unpopular, stopped the economy from crashing at the bottom of the cliff it was driven over.

2. Trying terror suspects caught on American soil in federal court is in keeping with long standing precedent.

3. We're probably not going to go to war with the Russians, so cancelling the F-22 now is probably the right thing to do.

That's at least three things this administration has done that only the blindly partisian find fault with.

The 787 billion dollar stimulus bill signed and voted on before anyone had a chance to read it, is a total and complete failure. It was promised that should this bill be passed unemployment would not go above 8%, it's at 10% now with a real unemployment number of 17.2% when you consider under-employed and those people who have exhausted unemployment benefits. In this bill was written millions of dollars in bonuses to failed AIG exects, thanks to Chris Dodd.,More money went to the Arts and Humanities than it did to small business which employs 76% of Americans. Those shovel ready jobs are not there, in my own state they are wasting 5 million dollars to re-pave a BIKE TRAIL, they employed 3-6 new temporary workers with this money. That's .83 million per worker, that's hardly smart or business savy. A temporary asphalt worker does not make .83 million dollars. It's a waste and it's a fraud on the American taxpayer. The remainder of this money should be rescinded and used to pay down the debt. The TARP money was used to keep this economy from going off the cliff, not the stimulus money.

You are going to find out the hard way that Keynesian economics,( or flood the basement economics) has never worked, that more government spending also does not work. Across the board tax cuts do, it's called trickle down and it's always worked. I have NEVER been HIRED by a POOR person.

The only reason Richard Reed and the 20th hijacker were tried in civilian courts is that the Bush administration had not yet established and set up military tribunals for terrorists or they would have been tried in a military tribunal.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. Its going to continue to get worse until republicans get elected back into office.

U.S. Productivity Up As Labor Costs Fall

Most economists say claims need to fall to about 425,000 or below for a month to signal that employers are stepping up hiring.

Still, some positive signs emerged in the productivity report. Hours worked in the fourth quarter rose 1 percent. That was the first increase since the second quarter of 2007. Output rose 7.2 percent, the largest increase since the third quarter of 2003.

To continue increasing production, economists say companies will eventually have to start adding jobs again. That should bring productivity gains back down toward their long-run average of about 2.5 percent.

I have to disagree with the stimulus package. You are talking stimulus, and not TARP, right? Just what has the stimulus package done? Pay back the unions? Yeah, stimulus is a good thing. :cuckoo:
Terrorists shouldn't have the same rights as American citizens have, unless they are an American citizen.
You talk of others being partisan, while you are one yourself. See the irony?

Forum List

Back