Job outsourcing alert!!!!!!

A

archangel

:read:
A California company "Sea Code" is proposing anchoring a 600 cabin cruise ship just behond the 3 mile limit off the coast of southern California...This ship will be anchored just south of Los Angeles,California (El Segundo).
Workers will be classified as "Seamen",however they will be software programmers from India and Russia...Classifying them as seamen will avoid US payroll taxes and the need for immigration visas...

And this is okay with our government who blantanly states they are acting in the best interest of our workers? I'm appalled and totally disgusted with the Bush Administration and all others who turn a blind eye to our now escallating
job outsourcing and immigration policies...What say you all?

see: www.newsmax.com (front page) :splat:

archangel said:
:read:
A California company "Sea Code" is proposing anchoring a 600 cabin cruise ship just behond the 3 mile limit off the coast of southern California...This ship will be anchored just south of Los Angeles,California (El Segundo).

Workers will be classified as "Seamen",however they will be software programmers from India and Russia...Classifying them as seamen will avoid US payroll taxes and the need for immigration visas...

And this is okay with our government who blantanly states they are acting in the best interest of our workers? I'm appalled and totally disgusted with the Bush Administration and all others who turn a blind eye to our now escallating job outsourcing and immigration policies... What say you all?

see: www.newsmax.com (front page) :splat:

One simple question...

How is this Bush's fault or the fault of ANYBODY in the government? If they found a loophole, they found a loophole. Not sure how that is anybody's fault. If anything, I see that as somebody using their brain to find away around the laws. Does it suck? Sure. But is it illegal? Nope.

freeandfun1 said:
One simple question...

How is this Bush's fault or the fault of ANYBODY in the government? If they found a loophole, they found a loophole. Not sure how that is anybody's fault. If anything, I see that as somebody using their brain to find away around the laws. Does it suck? Sure. But is it illegal? Nope.

Fine lets just outsource all our jobs including CEO's,Senators,Congressmen.President..and while we are at it the Gambling industry..the hell with Nevada and the rest of the legal gambling resorts..heck lets take our small boats out to the three mile limit and gamble
at a discount rate.....geez get a grip and quit with all the hoo rah for the Companies who find "loopholes" They may not realize it yet.but they are cutting their own throats to spite their faces! Why send our kids to college to get a degree in computer software...there will not be any jobs for them anyway.....

1) this is from newsmax.....nuff said there.

2) I could be wrong, but isn't the territorial waters boundary a little more than 3 miles?

archangel said:
Fine lets just outsource all our jobs including CEO's,Senators,Congressmen.President..and while we are at it the Gambling industry..the hell with Nevada and the rest of the legal gambling resorts..heck lets take our small boats out to the three mile limit and gamble
at a discount rate.....geez get a grip and quit with all the hoo rah for the Companies who find "loopholes" They may not realize it yet.but they are cutting their own throats to spite their faces! Why send our kids to college to get a degree in computer software...there will not be any jobs for them anyway.....

You make NO SENSE at all. I said it sucks, but HOW IS THAT ANY ONE PERSON'S FAULT? TELL ME? They found a loophole. BTW, there are already boats all across the USA that go out over the three mile limit and offer gambling. DOH!

Did I "hoorah" the company? Nope. I just mentioned, it ISN'T illegal!

You don't mind it when foreign companies outsource to the US do you?

My point is, you are trying to blame the admin and everybody else because SOMEBODY is doing something PERFECTLY legal. WOW! I hope we don't decide we don't like what YOU are doing.... we might just have to send everybody after YOU.

Get a grip.

Outsourcing SUCKS but it has been around FOREVER and I have news for you - it ain't going away. The US was founded because the UK outsourced. DOH!

You have no clue about what you are talking about. You are just being emotional without thinking past your nose. If you knew half of what you think you know, you might be smart.

SmarterThanYou said:
1) this is from newsmax.....nuff said there.

2) I could be wrong, but isn't the territorial waters boundary a little more than 3 miles?

Nope. International waters are only three miles off the coast.

freeandfun1 said:
You make NO SENSE at all. I said it sucks, but HOW IS THAT ANY ONE PERSON'S FAULT? TELL ME? They found a loophole. BTW, there are already boats all across the USA that go out over the three mile limit and offer gambling. DOH!

Did I "hoorah" the company? Nope. I just mentioned, it ISN'T illegal!

You don't mind it when foreign companies outsource to the US do you?

My point is, you are trying to blame the admin and everybody else because SOMEBODY is doing something PERFECTLY legal. WOW! I hope we don't decide we don't like what YOU are doing.... we might just have to send everybody after YOU.

Get a grip.

Yup I make no sense at all...as if you and your ilk have the market on opinion cornered...what is this the "Familia" dance...crush all who oppose and state their concern? You have spent way too much time in Vegas...doh!

archangel said:
Yup I make no sense at all...as if you and your ilk have the market on opinion cornered...what is this the "Familia" dance...crush all who oppose and state their concern? You have spent way too much time in Vegas...doh! :poop:

I never stated you don't have a right to your opinion. What I asked (and you continually ignore because you can't answer it) is how is this the admin's fault or the fault of ANYBODY for that matter? The only persons that can be blamed for this are those that found a way to exploit the loophole? Even then, what they are doing is not illegal, so what can you or anybody else do about it? NOTHING!

You started out bitching and moaning about the admin. It really doesn't matter whom is in office. If those that are doing this decided to do this they would and there would be nothing ANYBODY could do about it because again, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL.

It sounds to me like you are calling for tyranny. You want the government to step in and do something about something that is not illegal. That is how tyranny gets started.

freeandfun1 said:
I never stated you don't have a right to your opinion. What I asked (and you continually ignore because you can't answer it) is how is this the admin's fault or the fault of ANYBODY for that matter? The only persons that can be blamed for this are those that found a way to exploit the loophole? Even then, what they are doing is not illegal, so what can you or anybody else do about it? NOTHING!

You started out bitching and moaning about the admin. It really doesn't matter whom is in office. If those that are doing this decided to do this they would and there would be nothing ANYBODY could do about it because again, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL.

It sounds to me like you are calling for tyranny. You want the government to step in and do something about something that is not illegal. That is how tyranny gets started.

I am not placing the blame on the current administration exclusively...Both parties are responsible for this abomination...I wrote a opinion as a way to get our elected rep's off their butts...maybe introduce a bill to correct this illegal immigration and outsourcing problem...which is way out of control and "will" I repeat "will" hurt us all in the end...enough said!

Forum List

Back