Job outlook hits worst-ever level Employers' hiring plans at lowest point in Manpower

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Job outlook hits worst-ever level
Employers' hiring plans at lowest point in Manpower survey's history

By Andrea Coombes, MarketWatch

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Employers' hiring plans for the upcoming fourth quarter dropped to their lowest level in the history of Manpower's Employment Outlook Survey, which started in 1962.

A net -3% of employers said they'll hire in the fourth quarter, down from -2% in the third quarter, on a seasonally adjusted basis, according to the Milwaukee-based firm's survey of more than 28,000 employers. Before this year, the survey's previous low point was a net 1% hiring outlook for the third quarter of 1982.

Hiring plans drop to record low: Manpower - MarketWatch

A very accurate summation of what the real people see from the economy around them. It is what I see when I travel the country. We are in a depression and it is getting worse regardless of the Government stats that are intended to deceive.

The government doesn't do short term projections like this, so other than your obsessive need to declare government stats a lie without ever giving any evidence to back up your claims I don't know what your point is. The government statistics say nothing contradicting the Manpower conclusions. Administration spin on the numbers is something else entirely.

The government doesn't do short term projections like this, so other than your obsessive need to declare government stats a lie without ever giving any evidence to back up your claims I don't know what your point is. The government statistics say nothing contradicting the Manpower conclusions. Administration spin on the numbers is something else entirely.

Anal Ignoramus, over the years I have posted no end of stats. Why you consistently try to mislead people and post the lies of this horrendously and hideously evil administration I do not understand.

It is so obvious to anybody who has a brain that the government is a total lie factory about employment. The economic stats they post on unemployment are so far off from reality that it is laughable.

Only somebody like you would consistently in your outrageously anal fashion ballyhoo them as the Gospel for all believers. As far as I can tell, your anal observations are insane or worse.

I have looked at your other posts, and it would appear that you are intelligent. So why take such an anal position on a topic that is so obviously false???

When the unemployment insurance claims show that over Three Million people were laid off from the businesses of America from which you can file a claim for Unemployment Insurance in a four week period, and the corrupt government claims that only half a million were actually laid off from those businesses, it is rather obvious that our government has become Big Brother. Big Brother likes to ignore the UI claims numbers as they too well point out the collapse in the economy.

I know, I know, they have data that can show that Two and a Half MILLION New Jobs opened up and that is the reason why only half a million people are actually unemployed.

The only problem with that New Jobs data is that they pulled it out of their anally retentive arse. Do you or anybody else believe that Two and a Half Million jobs materialized out of nowhere during a Depression??????????????????????????

Three Million people a month filing unemployment claims are Three Million people who know their jobs went away. For many of them, those jobs will never be seen again. Gone for ever, but not forgotten.

And Anal Ignoramus, please do not try to confuse people with the government crappola that only half a million jobs were done away with. That is double talk. Either people were laid off or they weren't. I;ll trust the people who filed the claims over any government data.

When the unemployment insurance claims show that over Three Million people were laid off from the businesses of America from which you can file a claim for Unemployment Insurance in a four week period, and the corrupt government claims that only half a million were actually laid off from those businesses, it is rather obvious that our government has become Big Brother.
Except the government is saying nothing of the sort. Either you're intentionally lying or you just refuse to listen when I explain what the numbers actually mean. Neither Job Loss numbers (non-farm payroll) nor increase in Unemployment Level (household survey) claim in any way to be the number of people laid off. They are the DIFFERENCE between the number of people who are no longer employed (for any reason) and the people who gained employment (both non-farm payroll and household) or stopped looking for work force (household only).

Example...Let's say there are 3,000 people in Erewhon. 2,358 are 16+, not in prison or long term health care...i.e. able to work. 1,400 actually work, 1,314 are in jobs that contribute to UI, and 86 are self-employed or work in other people's houses or unpaid family workers. 145 aren't working but are looking for work. The Labor Force is the Employed + Unemployed = 1,545 The Unemployment Rate is 145/1,545 = 9.4%

Next month 22 people are laid off from jobs that contribute to UI. That's the number you pay attentiong to...the 22. However, at the same time, 19 people quit and 3 retired from UI jobs, but 42 people were hired. So when the government checks the figures next month they see that in month 1 companies reported a total of 1,314 jobs, and in month 2 they reported 1,312 jobs (1,314+42-22-19-3) for a job loss of 2. And then you scream how the government is lying because 22 people lost their jobs and the government says only 2 did.

Let's go further.... in addition to the UI contributing jobs, 3 people started their own businesses, while 2 maids were laid off, 2 quit, and one self-employed retired. So overall employment went from 1400 to 1,396 (1,400 + 42 + 3 - 22 - 19 -3 -2 -2 -1). Now, some of the people who lost or left their jobs started looking for work. The retirees didn't, and some of the others didn't. And some of the people who had been looking for work stopped, and some people who hadn't been looking started. Overall, the number of people looking went from 145 to 149 and the Unemployment rate is now 149/1,312 = 9.6%. And then you scream how the government is lying by saying only 4 people lost their job in one report, and only 2 in another, while the real number is 22.

That's how it works. Read carefully and try to understand...you keep getting it wrong. Of course there are issues and problems and inaccuracies, but until you understand what the numbers represent, we can't even get into that.

I know, I know, they have data that can show that Two and a Half MILLION New Jobs opened up and that is the reason why only half a million people are actually unemployed.
So why do you believe the companies when they report the number of people who left work, but not when they say how many people they hired?

The only problem with that New Jobs data is that they pulled it out of their anally retentive arse. Do you or anybody else believe that Two and a Half Million jobs materialized out of nowhere during a Depression??????????????????????????
Now you're begging the question. You claim that it is a depression because there are no new jobs, and claim that it's a lie that there are new jobs because there's a depression. You don't see how circular that is? And no, they're not claiming 2.5 million NEW jobs....some of the people who were fired or left were replaced (or rather people fired or left some time previously were replaced). Let's look at July....Approx 4,030,000 people left their job for whatever reason (fired, quit, retired) At the same time, approx 4,059,000 people were hired. No, that doesn't match up with the July-Aug job loss, but that's due to different surveys and different time periods. The hires and seperations come from JOLTS, and runs 1 July-31 July, while the July-Aug job losses come from how many people were employed during the pay period in July that included the 12th versus the number employed during the pay period in Aug that included the 12th. And there are of course margins of error to deal with. For the JOLTS numbers, there's no way to tell if the employment change was actually positive or negative (probably negative in my opinion).

Anal Ignoramus, you are obviously insane. My father, a Doctor, always told me that Genius is Kin to insanity. I can see that you are intelligent, but you are so anal that your love of the government numerical lies and obfuscation clearly shows that you are either trying to be funny or you are NUTZ. When I nicknamed you Anal Ignoramus, I though it was because you were trying to be funny. Now, I am beginning to think that you really are a total fruitcake. When Three MILLION people file for unemployment in a month with the economy as bad as it presently is and the LYING Government says that only half a million jobs were lost, YOU have to be nutz to believe that TWO AND A HALF MILLION JOBS materialized out of nowhere.

I am presently up in Alameda, California as I tour the nation writing down the specifics of this Horrific Depression. There is money to be made writing about what is happening at the grass roots level so I decided that I would write what I see and hear.

We have well over 30 Million now who are UNDER or NOT Employed. Those people are not spending, and more and more businesses are suffering and verging on bankruptcy which will further collapse the economy. Stimulus money and Cash for clunkers will obfuscate the economic numbers, but when that effect wears off, the general public will see how bad it has really become. The poverty and suffering that I see across America is frightening. It wasn't like this a year ago.

America is collapsing and dunderheads like you say the The Most Holy and Righteous DOL numbers say all those people who say they are unemployed are just lying to make the present administration look insensitive.

Not so! The reality is that we are hurting and the oppressive pain is increasing, and increasing, and increasing, and increasing...

When the unemployment insurance claims show that over Three Million people were laid off from the businesses of America from which you can file a claim for Unemployment Insurance in a four week period, and the corrupt government claims that only half a million were actually laid off from those businesses, it is rather obvious that our government has become Big Brother.
Except the government is saying nothing of the sort. Either you're intentionally lying or you just refuse to listen when I explain what the numbers actually mean. Neither Job Loss numbers (non-farm payroll) nor increase in Unemployment Level (household survey) claim in any way to be the number of people laid off. They are the DIFFERENCE between the number of people who are no longer employed (for any reason) and the people who gained employment (both non-farm payroll and household) or stopped looking for work force (household only).

Example...Let's say there are 3,000 people in Erewhon. 2,358 are 16+, not in prison or long term health care...i.e. able to work. 1,400 actually work, 1,314 are in jobs that contribute to UI, and 86 are self-employed or work in other people's houses or unpaid family workers. 145 aren't working but are looking for work. The Labor Force is the Employed + Unemployed = 1,545 The Unemployment Rate is 145/1,545 = 9.4%

Next month 22 people are laid off from jobs that contribute to UI. That's the number you pay attentiong to...the 22. However, at the same time, 19 people quit and 3 retired from UI jobs, but 42 people were hired. So when the government checks the figures next month they see that in month 1 companies reported a total of 1,314 jobs, and in month 2 they reported 1,312 jobs (1,314+42-22-19-3) for a job loss of 2. And then you scream how the government is lying because 22 people lost their jobs and the government says only 2 did.

Let's go further.... in addition to the UI contributing jobs, 3 people started their own businesses, while 2 maids were laid off, 2 quit, and one self-employed retired. So overall employment went from 1400 to 1,396 (1,400 + 42 + 3 - 22 - 19 -3 -2 -2 -1). Now, some of the people who lost or left their jobs started looking for work. The retirees didn't, and some of the others didn't. And some of the people who had been looking for work stopped, and some people who hadn't been looking started. Overall, the number of people looking went from 145 to 149 and the Unemployment rate is now 149/1,312 = 9.6%. And then you scream how the government is lying by saying only 4 people lost their job in one report, and only 2 in another, while the real number is 22.

That's how it works. Read carefully and try to understand...you keep getting it wrong. Of course there are issues and problems and inaccuracies, but until you understand what the numbers represent, we can't even get into that.

So why do you believe the companies when they report the number of people who left work, but not when they say how many people they hired?

Now you're begging the question. You claim that it is a depression because there are no new jobs, and claim that it's a lie that there are new jobs because there's a depression. You don't see how circular that is? And no, they're not claiming 2.5 million NEW jobs....some of the people who were fired or left were replaced (or rather people fired or left some time previously were replaced). Let's look at July....Approx 4,030,000 people left their job for whatever reason (fired, quit, retired) At the same time, approx 4,059,000 people were hired. No, that doesn't match up with the July-Aug job loss, but that's due to different surveys and different time periods. The hires and seperations come from JOLTS, and runs 1 July-31 July, while the July-Aug job losses come from how many people were employed during the pay period in July that included the 12th versus the number employed during the pay period in Aug that included the 12th. And there are of course margins of error to deal with. For the JOLTS numbers, there's no way to tell if the employment change was actually positive or negative (probably negative in my opinion).

Last edited:
Anal Ignoramus, you are obviously insane. My father, a Doctor, always told me that Genius is Kin to insanity. I can see that you are intelligent, but you are so anal that your love of the government numerical lies and obfuscation clearly shows that you are either trying to be funny or you are NUTZ. When I nicknamed you Anal Ignoramus, I though it was because you were trying to be funny. Now, I am beginning to think that you really are a total fruitcake.

Neubarth you are supposed to refrain from personal attacks like that. It only results in hurt feelings. I'm 40 and do not get hurt, and usually try to make fun of personal attacks like you do all the time for your entertainment. It is very immature to give mocking nicknames. Please act more mature. I would expect something like that in Grade School, but not from a person who is supposed to be a mature adult. (I.E., Your behavior is Grossly Immature.)

When Three MILLION people file for unemployment in a month with the economy as bad as it presently is and the LYING Government says that only half a million jobs were lost, YOU have to be nutz to believe that TWO AND A HALF MILLION JOBS materialized out of nowhere.
I don't. Never said I did. Please learn some reading comprehension

I am presently up in Alameda, California as I tour the nation writing down the specifics of this Horrific Depression.
The plural of anecdote in not evidence.

We have well over 30 Million now who are UNDER or NOT Employed.
When will you quit making shit up? That number came out of your ass. First, out of the 236,000,000 in the adult civilian non-institutional populationthere there are over 96 million people in who are not employed. There are approx 5,728,000 who are not working or looking for work but want to work. 2,270,000 of them are available to work and have looked for work in the last 12 months. 758,000 haven't looked because they don't believe they'll be successful. 6,497,000 worked part time (during the reference week) due to slack work or business conditions. 1,917,000 couldn't find full time work and were forced to work part time. Where does your 30 million come from?

Last edited:
Anal Ignoramus, you are obviously insane. My father, a Doctor, always told me that Genius is Kin to insanity. I can see that you are intelligent, but you are so anal that your love of the government numerical lies and obfuscation clearly shows that you are either trying to be funny or you are NUTZ. When I nicknamed you Anal Ignoramus, I though it was because you were trying to be funny. Now, I am beginning to think that you really are a total fruitcake. When Three MILLION people file for unemployment in a month with the economy as bad as it presently is and the LYING Government says that only half a million jobs were lost, YOU have to be nutz to believe that TWO AND A HALF MILLION JOBS materialized out of nowhere.

I am presently up in Alameda, California as I tour the nation writing down the specifics of this Horrific Depression. There is money to be made writing about what is happening at the grass roots level so I decided that I would write what I see and hear.

We have well over 30 Million now who are UNDER or NOT Employed. Those people are not spending, and more and more businesses are suffering and verging on bankruptcy which will further collapse the economy. Stimulus money and Cash for clunkers will obfuscate the economic numbers, but when that effect wears off, the general public will see how bad it has really become. The poverty and suffering that I see across America is frightening. It wasn't like this a year ago.

America is collapsing and dunderheads like you say the The Most Holy and Righteous DOL numbers say all those people who say they are unemployed are just lying to make the present administration look insensitive.

Not so! The reality is that we are hurting and the oppressive pain is increasing, and increasing, and increasing, and increasing...

3 million out of the billions of people just in the US?

Wow. Consider yourself lucky that someone is paying YOU for the tripe you spew. There are "Help Wanted" signs all over the place, jobs galore listed in every paper on the planet, and nobody getting off their dead asses to fill them. Most of those that are unemployed WANT to be unemployed because it's easier to sit around collection a free check.

3 million out of the billions of people just in the US?
How many billions are there in the US? You have no credibility if you don't even know that.

Sorry. Millions. I'm in a hurry.

Your point is what, however?

Just trying to figure out what yours is, and who you were addressing. The approx 15 million counted as unemployed certainly do want to work...part of the definition is that they're actively looking for work.

How many billions are there in the US? You have no credibility if you don't even know that.

Sorry. Millions. I'm in a hurry.

Your point is what, however?

Just trying to figure out what yours is, and who you were addressing. The approx 15 million counted as unemployed certainly do want to work...part of the definition is that they're actively looking for work.

Is that why they're applying for jobs so far out of the realm of reality, it's not funny?

Is that why they're applying for jobs so far out of the realm of reality, it's not funny?

Try that again, in English. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

AI, you and I agree on that issue.

Unemployment is oppressive and depressing, especially for men who see themselves as breadwinners. Their suicide rate is going up with the continuation of the Depression.

I know of Data Network engineers who have applied for thousands of jobs and not had one interview. I know of one man who was a nuclear reactor plant operator who was also a DataComm manager with ATT. With 14 YEARS of college credit he applied to over 37,000 jobs (Documented) and did not receive one interview.

To add insult to injury, he was told that he was unqualified for a simple job of setting up desktop computers on desks in a large company. Unqualified? No, He was well qualified, to do that work, perhaps overqualified, but when a man has to ask for work like that, you know that he is seriously in need of a job.

In interviewing one, a distinguished African American man, with a college diploma in Business who was out of work, he showed me the jobs in the paper (SF Bay Area). There were no viable jobs. Call centers and stuff like that, but he could not even get that job because they would not hire anybody over 30. Age discrimination is very real for the older worker. How does that "nobody over 30 company" get away with it. Simple, they say they are looking for a voice with enthusiasm and sparkle in it. Those over 30 need not apply. That man died of an overdose of sleeping pills two nights ago after a year of unemployment. I don't think he was lazy as that creep you responded to claims. Nobody would give him an opportunity.

Last edited:
Sadly millions more have just received their termination notices in the past month. This Depression is getting frightening.

Forum List

Back