Job openings rise to highest level in 16 months

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Job openings rise to highest level in 16 months - Washington Times

The Labor Department said the number of jobs advertised at the end of April rose to 3.1 million from 2.8 million in March. That's the most openings since December 2008.

Job openings have risen by about 740,000 since bottoming out at about 2.3 million in July, but they remain far below pre-recession levels of about 4.5 million openings per month.

• Banned
maybe there will be less unemployment soon because of the new openings?

maybe there will be less light when the sun goes down, too.

I have posted a multitude of times that we have come so close to starting to improve things. Still, I am afraid that we are now going to start seeing collapse as the Census Workers are laid off. We have not created permanent jobs and are not making any effort to do so. Since Obama is failing miserably in that responsibility, we will most likely see total economic collapse and anarchy in the near future. We can always hope for a miracle, but without positive action by government, it is less likely to come..

maybe there will be less light when the sun goes down, too.

I have posted a multitude of times that we have come so close to starting to improve things. Still, I am afraid that we are now going to start seeing collapse as the Census Workers are laid off. We have not created permanent jobs and are not making any effort to do so. Since Obama is failing miserably in that responsibility, we will most likely see total economic collapse and anarchy in the near future. We can always hope for a miracle, but without positive action by government, it is less likely to come..

:clap2:

The numbers published a few days ago said 400,000+ jobs created in May, yup 350,000 were part time Census Workers!
While I do not see a Total Colapse in the Economy; with BO at the Helm, I do see another 2 years before any REAL Improvement, temp improvements are not what I call Real Improvement

Job openings rise to highest level in 16 months - Washington Times

The Labor Department said the number of jobs advertised at the end of April rose to 3.1 million from 2.8 million in March. That's the most openings since December 2008.

Job openings have risen by about 740,000 since bottoming out at about 2.3 million in July, but they remain far below pre-recession levels of about 4.5 million openings per month.
Man you're dense, this has already been debated. 90% are census related temp jobs (while arguably good in the short term, but it's hardly anything to brag about) and 5% are other government jobs (only 5% private sector). Both make little sense to a government that is in desperate need to cut costs and spending, since we have a RECORD budget deficit, to which economists are predicting will exceed our GDP in the not so distant future.

I know your answer! Raise taxes on businesses and the rich. Any economist will tell you when things are as bad as they are right now, raising taxes is ALWAYS the wrong option.

Last edited:
Take it from someone who has been seeking a job for almost 5 months now.

Job Postings do not equal jobs open.

There are a hell of a lot of scammers out there that want things like your SSN on job applications and personal information that they can use and my guess is that the number of those scammers is and has been increasing with the hard times.

Another thing that seems to be happening is that the temp/contract employment agencies are advertising jobs that do not exists. You know like when a car dealer advertises for a car that they don't actually have at a low, low, low price to bring you onto their lot and then when you get there, they tell you it was sold, but do they have a beauty for you or what? Employment agencies are advertising jobs that don't exist and increasing their databases knowing full well that some day the job markets will turn around.

On TBO.com the same four ads appear every morning from the same agencies and have been showing up in the same way for months on end. Honestly, it gets to the point where it is not really worth your time to check the online sites regularly, but then what really sucks is that you know that when you don't check them, a real job, that fits your qualifications is going to appear and be filled before you see it next week! Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That is not to say that there may not be more jobs out there then there have been recently, but the numbers do not equate into more jobs.

Immie

Even though I would like to believe that data, something just doesn't seem right at all. I see places closing all around, not like years ago.. I mean last few weeks, and now I know at least 10 people out of work. I could never say that before. I do hear of little pops of hiring here and there, but most of them are either temporary or the pay scale has drop down so much, I guess we will have to see.
Interesting place to keep up to date with some numbers

Forum List

Back