Job market bounces back in March with 196,000 gain in payrolls!

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
After February's anomaly of only 20K (now revised to 33K) jobs created, the economy is back on the march.

Thankfully the Obama economy fix finally worked.....I'm sure Trump is ROTFLHFAO over that remark!,,,,GO TRUMP

Dow Jones closed yesterday at 26,384 closing in on the 26,828 record...

Job creation posted a solid rebound in March, with nonfarm payrolls expanding by 196,000 and the unemployment rate holding steady at 3.8 percent, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics report Friday.

That was better than the 175,000 Dow Jones estimate and comes after a dismal February that had economists wondering whether the decade-old economic expansion was nearing an end. The unemployment rate met expectations.

Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14 percent for the month and 3.2 percent year over year, below expectations of the 3.4 percent pace from last month. The average work week increased by 0.1 hour to 34.5 hours.

A broader gauge of unemployment that also counts discouraged workers and those holding part-time jobs for economic reasons also was unchanged at 7.3 percent. The measure, known as the “real unemployment rate” is down from 7.9 percent a year ago.

Job gains were fairly broad based.

Health care led with 49,000 new workers, professional and technical services added 34,000 and food and drinking establishments contributed 27,000. Construction rose by 16,000 but manufacturing saw 6,000 jobs lost.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...

Oh but you forget it according to the crazy left it is not Trumps economy unless there is bad economic news. The fact that almost every president has been given immediate control of the economy and some give Bush full responsibility for the last recession plays no part in any of their decision. Good economic news will remain 44 until either another democrat is placed in office, in which case it will be immediately their economy or there s bad economic news.

After February's anomaly of only 20K (now revised to 33K) jobs created, the economy is back on the march.

Thankfully the Obama economy fix finally worked.....I'm sure Trump is ROTFLHFAO over that remark!,,,,GO TRUMP

Job creation posted a solid rebound in March, with nonfarm payrolls expanding by 196,000 and the unemployment rate holding steady at 3.8 percent, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics report Friday.

That was better than the 175,000 Dow Jones estimate and comes after a dismal February that had economists wondering whether the decade-old economic expansion was nearing an end. The unemployment rate met expectations.

Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14 percent for the month and 3.2 percent year over year, below expectations of the 3.4 percent pace from last month. The average work week increased by 0.1 hour to 34.5 hours.

A broader gauge of unemployment that also counts discouraged workers and those holding part-time jobs for economic reasons also was unchanged at 7.3 percent. The measure, known as the “real unemployment rate” is down from 7.9 percent a year ago.

Health care led with 49,000 new workers, professional and technical services added 34,000 and food and drinking establishments contributed 27,000. Construction rose by 16,000 but manufacturing saw 6,000 jobs lost.

And according to trump, real unemployment is about 41%. Where’s your outrage, rightie?

The problem is that Americans have no purchasing power. One of the consequences of the inflation brought about by the Keynesians in DC.

Last edited:
March Numbers: 196,000 New Jobs
Unemployment Rate remains at 3.8%
Labor Force Participation Rate still at 63%
Average Hourly Earnings at $27.70

And according to trump, real unemployment is about 41%. Where’s your outrage, rightie?
Of course BABY DEER QUOTES TRUMP almost FIVE YEARS AGO....ROTFLMFAO.....ALWAYS LIES OR MANIPULATES!...Such a piece of shit!

During the televised press conference in which he announced his tax plan, Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump returned to a claim he has made before -- that the official unemployment rate -- currently 5.1 percent -- woefully undercounts the percentage of people who are unemployed.

During the Sept. 28, 2015, media event, Trump described an unemployment rate in the range of 5 percent as "such a phony number."

"The number isn't reflective," he said. "I've seen numbers of 24 percent -- I actually saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. Forty-two percent." He continued, "5.3 percent unemployment -- that is the biggest joke there is in this country. … The unemployment rate is probably 20 percent, but I will tell you, you have some great economists that will tell you it's a 30, 32. And the highest I've heard so far is 42 percent."

Oh but you forget it according to the crazy left it is not Trumps economy unless there is bad economic news. The fact that almost every president has been given immediate control of the economy and some give Bush full responsibility for the last recession plays no part in any of their decision. Good economic news will remain 44 until either another democrat is placed in office, in which case it will be immediately their economy or there s bad economic news.

The loss of 6K manufacturing jobs not great news for him since his rustbelt victories were of razor thin margins. If he stays around for re-election and doesn't declare himself the greatest while beating a path to the door, he could have electoral troubles.

Of course BABY DEER QUOTES TRUMP almost FIVE YEARS AGO....ROTFLMFAO.....ALWAYS LIES OR MANIPULATES!...Such a piece of shit!

During the televised press conference in which he announced his tax plan, Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump returned to a claim he has made before -- that the official unemployment rate -- currently 5.1 percent -- woefully undercounts the percentage of people who are unemployed.

During the Sept. 28, 2015, media event, Trump described an unemployment rate in the range of 5 percent as "such a phony number."

"The number isn't reflective," he said. "I've seen numbers of 24 percent -- I actually saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. Forty-two percent." He continued, "5.3 percent unemployment -- that is the biggest joke there is in this country. … The unemployment rate is probably 20 percent, but I will tell you, you have some great economists that will tell you it's a 30, 32. And the highest I've heard so far is 42 percent."
You dumbfuck, September, 2015 was 3½ years ago, not “almost 5 years ago.” :eusa_doh:

But yes, 3½ years ago, Crazy Donald said the unemployment rate was 42%. Now you’ve proven to be a dumbfuck when it comes to numbers, so this probably will confuse your underdeveloped brain, but the unemployment rate has come down only 1½ points since then — making the current unemployment about 41%, just as I pointed out, trump said. So what does your dementia tell you I either lied about or manipulated?

You dumbfuck, September, 2015 was 3½ years ago, not “almost 5 years ago.” :eusa_doh:

But yes, 3½ years ago, Crazy Donald said the unemployment rate was 42%. Now you’ve proven to be a dumbfuck when it comes to numbers, so this probably will confuse your underdeveloped brain, but the unemployment rate has come down only 1½ points since then — making the current unemployment about 41%, just as I pointed out, trump said. So what does your dementia tell you I either lied about or manipulated?
Big fingers small android...like your brain and STILL 3 1/2 years ago...really current dipshit!....like I should point out you said about 41% and it is 42%....
Thou mangled beef-witted odiferous stench!

Big fingers small android...like your brain and STILL 3 1/2 years ago...really current dipshit!....like I should point out you said about 41% and it is 42%....
Thou mangled beef-witted odiferous stench!
Yes, you should point that out since that’s my point. Trump said the unemployment rate is 42% ... it’s come down 1½ points since then. That means the unemployment rate is now 41%, according to trump.

Forum List

Back