Job Creation Revised Down For 2018 By 500 Thousand Jobs

Yes the signs of recession keep screaming but too many ignore it.

The other day kellyanne conway actually said she believes the fundamentals of our economy are solid.

We heard that over and over from republicans in 2008 during the election. As the economy was crashing.

I sure hope that there isn't a recession.

What signs? Besides you frauds screaming for one?

Bond interests have inverted.

Hiring has slowed.

Investment by business has slowed.

trump keeps taking about more tax cuts.

trump keeps attacking the fed saying they're causing the slow down we have now.

I don't want a recession. Just warning about it doesn't mean a person wants it. In fact wringing about it shows a person doesn't want it and wants to do something to either prevent it or make it not as bad.

I tried to warn people about the bush boy's collapse and recession. Not many listened then and had the same response you just had.

A trade war can't go on for years, taxes can't be cut as deeply as trump has cut them and deregulation on business can't happen as deeply as trump has done and spend like there's no tomorrow without a recession happening.

The bush boy cut taxes, spent like there was no tomorrow, waged a trade war with steel and removed tons of regulations on business.

It crashed the economy.

Bonds inverted and recovered two weeks ago, slight inversion yesterday. Healthy July jobs report, retail in good shape

Stop listening to your masters

Who are my masters?

This isn't the first time bonds have inverted in the last couple years.

The so called recovery of the bond market is very rocky. It's not stable at all. It dipped into inversion again today. So things aren't as rosy as you want to think.

Yield curve inverts briefly once again on fears the Fed won't save the economy

Jobs reports get revised just as this thread proves. The government had to revise jobs down for last year. We should wait until the real numbers come in first. The numbers for 2018 have been revised down so much that it's the highest revision downward since 2009 in the depths of the bush boy's republican Great Recession.

I'm hoping that things get better. I don't want a recession. Unfortunately there are just way too many red flags going off to ignore.

Inverts briefly....just like two weeks ago.

Reading data today, retail and tech reporting strong earnings, unemployment claims far lower than expected, DOW up 100 plus so your inversion doesn't seem to rattle investors. Fed meeting and expected to lower interest rates.

Sorry I'm not seeing a recession anytime soon. The economy keeps moving along

Yes it does invert off and on. When the economy is on shaky ground.

I hope you're right there won't be a recession.

I'm going to pay attention to the indicators. So far, most are very shaky.

What signs? Besides you frauds screaming for one?

Bond interests have inverted.

Hiring has slowed.

Investment by business has slowed.

trump keeps taking about more tax cuts.

trump keeps attacking the fed saying they're causing the slow down we have now.

I don't want a recession. Just warning about it doesn't mean a person wants it. In fact wringing about it shows a person doesn't want it and wants to do something to either prevent it or make it not as bad.

I tried to warn people about the bush boy's collapse and recession. Not many listened then and had the same response you just had.

A trade war can't go on for years, taxes can't be cut as deeply as trump has cut them and deregulation on business can't happen as deeply as trump has done and spend like there's no tomorrow without a recession happening.

The bush boy cut taxes, spent like there was no tomorrow, waged a trade war with steel and removed tons of regulations on business.

It crashed the economy.

Bonds inverted and recovered two weeks ago, slight inversion yesterday. Healthy July jobs report, retail in good shape

Stop listening to your masters

Who are my masters?

This isn't the first time bonds have inverted in the last couple years.

The so called recovery of the bond market is very rocky. It's not stable at all. It dipped into inversion again today. So things aren't as rosy as you want to think.

Yield curve inverts briefly once again on fears the Fed won't save the economy

Jobs reports get revised just as this thread proves. The government had to revise jobs down for last year. We should wait until the real numbers come in first. The numbers for 2018 have been revised down so much that it's the highest revision downward since 2009 in the depths of the bush boy's republican Great Recession.

I'm hoping that things get better. I don't want a recession. Unfortunately there are just way too many red flags going off to ignore.

Inverts briefly....just like two weeks ago.

Reading data today, retail and tech reporting strong earnings, unemployment claims far lower than expected, DOW up 100 plus so your inversion doesn't seem to rattle investors. Fed meeting and expected to lower interest rates.

Sorry I'm not seeing a recession anytime soon. The economy keeps moving along

Yes it does invert off and on. When the economy is on shaky ground.

I hope you're right there won't be a recession.

I'm going to pay attention to the indicators. So far, most are very shaky.

Which ones are shaky?

Job creation has been revised down for 2018 by 500 thousand jobs.

The tax cut and deficit spending didn't boost the economy as trump and republicans claimed.

U.S. created 500,000 fewer jobs since 2018 than previously reported, new figures show

Down revision was a regular habit during the Obama admin. Did you whine then as well?

Can you post proof that convinces?

For eight years of history? Hire a secretary.

Job creation has been revised down for 2018 by 500 thousand jobs.

The tax cut and deficit spending didn't boost the economy as trump and republicans claimed.

U.S. created 500,000 fewer jobs since 2018 than previously reported, new figures show
Your link and title are misleading.
The monthly non-farm payroll employment numbers are estimates, but very quarter BLS conducts the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) which looks at tax record filed for Unemployment Insurance.
Each year, the estimates are re-benchmarked based on the March data from the QCEW.
It's not really accurate to characterize the difference in level of one month as a revision of job creation.

And as the change in level is .03%, That shows the estimates were pretty accurate.

The last time bonds inverted was in 2005. We went another 28 months before the start of the 2008 recession.

Will we eventually have another recession? Of course. Markets are cyclical.

Forum List

Back