Job creation not the president’s job.

Well according to reaganomics its the job of the very rich right? Isn't that the ENTIRE point of Trickle down economics? We funnel the money to a small percentage of the very wealthy and they create jobs right? Ive been hearing this for 20 years as unemployment has steadily climbed with the occassional tiny dip. The actual truth is that reaganomics doesn't rain wealth on the middle class as its blatantly obvious from any chart showing the wealth gap. But maybe we should just keep beleiving in it for another 30 years, its bound to work eventually..

bigrebnc1775

. . .
Both sides? I am not a party man, but I am a Republican. So it would be inaccurate on your part to say I have not seen the damage the Republican party has done.
Democrat and Republican both want the samething but do things differntly to get what they want. As for your claim . . .

Your analysis of the "differences" between how our pitifully inept two party system operates is somewhat accurate. However, over the last several years it has become more difficult to tell them apart. That being the case, why they go on "pretending" they can't walk and chew gum at the same time is strictly for public show.

Secondly, both parties do want the same thing and that thing has absolutely nothing to do with the American people. It has only to do with being elected over and over and over and over again.

"One reason the economy is such a mess is that politicians care far more about keeping their jobs than about helping you keep yours." -- Steve Dasbach

Political agendas for both Parties are comprised of assuming a variety of attitudes which on the surface appear legitimate, and then comes the posturing, which both use endlessly to cover the fact that the real plan all along was to accomplish nothing and then fight about it.

As for their Presidential choices, I bow to Will Rogers who said:

Ohio claims they are due a president as they haven't had one since Taft. Look at the United States, they have not had one since Lincoln.

JOB CREATION NOT THE PRESIDENT’S JOB.

You are right and I applause him for at least trying. The right and Wall Street has done everything they can to suppress job creation in order to attempt to win back control over the government. That is not lost on ***Independents*** as the right parade their elitists and deride the maverick group of current ??? candidates???

Did the right and Wall Street also provide you with that suck ass education of yours? Your written gibberish is nearly as unintelligible as your (nonexistent) critical thinking skills.

By your own writings you only proved you haven't a clue what policies the right advocates -but the fact they oppose Obama's doesn't mean Obama's policies are GOOD you IDIOT. Maybe you missed it but Obama is pushing the very same ones he did during his first two years when Democrats controlled EVERYTHING and didn't need a single Republican vote. Did you not know that or were you high all that time? Republicans had NO power at all after Obama was elected until JUST this past January. And even then only gained a majority in one house of Congress. Until just this January Democrats held a super majority in both houses of Congress and the Presidency and didn't need even one Republican vote to pass everything they wanted. So where were you when that was going on -because I assure you the rest of the nation noticed. Which is why Democrats got their asses kicked last election and can count on some more of it this next time too!

So are you really that STUPID as to believe Republicans are to blame for the economic conditions when it was Democrats who held the vast majority of power in government since 2006? Things got even worse when Obama was elected because Democrats won a super majority in both houses of Congress -meaning not a single Republican vote was even needed to pass whatever they wanted. They had NO brakes and THIS is what it looks like when Democrats have no brakes! THIS is what it looks like when Republicans have no power AT ALL. But apparently you were living on another planet along with a lot of Democrats who in spite of having a super majority where they didn't even need a single Republican vote -were still blaming Republicans when their policies made things WORSE! And you have to be really, really stupid to buy into that but I guess you were up to the job!

People like you really are the useful idiots of the left. What a cow you are. Give us your best MOO. Even when Democrats didn't need a single Republican vote to pass anything at all they blamed Republicans for everything. EVERYTHING. They still control the majority of government now -the Senate and White House with Republicans only holding a slight majority in the House -yet STILL blame Republicans for everything. That tells you one of two things. Either Democrats are a pack of lying ass motherfuckers who will do and say anything to avoid being held responsible for what THEY have done to us while insisting it is actually the fault of those who had no power to stop them. Or even when given full power and control of two entire branches of government their political opponents are still far more powerful than they. Either one works as a legitimate reason to not vote for Democrats.

Last edited:
Did I just kill another thread?

Damn I do not see how we managed while Bush was President with a high 5.6 unemployment rate.:eusa_whistle:
This was back in 2004
Bush officials try to cherry-pick statistics; it’s still worst job creation record in 60 years—EPI Viewpoints

Failing to find solace in the employment numbers, the administration points instead to the 5.6 percent unemployment rate. Although the unemployment rate has fallen, it has happened because record numbers of people have abandoned the search for jobs that don’t exist. Long-term unemployment is at a peak compared to the same point in the previous four recessions. In February, nearly one-fourth of unemployed people had been out of work at least six months. The average unemployment spell is 20.3 weeks, the longest average unemployment duration in more than 20 years.
Bush officials try to cherry-pick statistics; it’s still worst job creation record in 60 years—EPI Viewpoints | Economic Policy Institute

I'm sure you'll enjoy reading this and all about that un-godly high unemployment rate of 5.6

February 29, 2004

IT'S ALL RELATIVE

Is 5.6 percent a low figure, or a high one? Depends. If only 5.6 percent of hamburgers are discovered to contain meat, that’s way low. But if 5.6 percent of teachers are using their students as drug mules in elaborate Asian heroin importing schemes, that’s sort of high.
Tim Blair: IT'S ALL RELATIVE

And from another discussion group people just like us
This person started a thread dated 04-03-2004,

Can we necessarily believe Bush's new jobs claim?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Administration, the Bureau of Labor Statistics says we generated 308,000 new jobs in March.

But with Dubya's record of lying, is there a likelihood that he's exaggerating the numbers, or maybe even flat out lying?

It isn't as if Dubya's above manipulating facts to suit his own agenda. We found out the true cost of his Medicare program from a whistleblower.

The lies go on and on and on.

Go ahead, call it sour grapes, but I think only a retard would accept as fact, anything that comes out of this WH.

Can we necessarily believe Bush's new jobs claim? - Straight Dope Message Board

Uncle Ferd says he'd be willin' to stay at home fer half dat and save Obama some money he could use to reduce the deficit...
:cool:
Obama Predicts: His Plan Will Cost $235,263 Per Job
September 16, 2011 - President Barack Obama said at a fundraiser held in a private residence in Washington, D.C., on Thursday evening that the $447 billion American Jobs Act he has proposed will create 1.9 million American jobs—which works out to a cost of about $235,263 per job.
“It’s estimated that the American Jobs Act would add two percentage points to the GDP, and add as many as 1.9 million jobs, and bring the unemployment rate down by a full percentage point,” Obama said, according to the official White House transcript of his remarks.

Obama did not say who made the estimate in question, but his remarks mirrored the conclusions of an analysis made by Mark Zandi, the chief economist for Moody’s Analytics. “The plan would add 2 percentage points to GDP growth next year, add 1.9 million jobs, and cut the unemployment rate by a percentage point,” Zandi wrote.

In a fact sheet published by Office of the Press Secretary, the White House itself has estimated that president’s new jobs plan will cost a total of $447 billion. $447 billion divided by 1.9 million equals approximately $235,263.

Obama Predicts: His Plan Will Cost $235,263 Per Job | CNSnews.com

just send me 50k and I'll be happy to stay at home

Uncle Ferd says he'd be willin' to stay at home fer half dat and save Obama some money he could use to reduce the deficit...
:cool:
Obama Predicts: His Plan Will Cost $235,263 Per Job
September 16, 2011 - President Barack Obama said at a fundraiser held in a private residence in Washington, D.C., on Thursday evening that the $447 billion American Jobs Act he has proposed will create 1.9 million American jobs—which works out to a cost of about $235,263 per job.
“It’s estimated that the American Jobs Act would add two percentage points to the GDP, and add as many as 1.9 million jobs, and bring the unemployment rate down by a full percentage point,” Obama said, according to the official White House transcript of his remarks.

Obama did not say who made the estimate in question, but his remarks mirrored the conclusions of an analysis made by Mark Zandi, the chief economist for Moody’s Analytics. “The plan would add 2 percentage points to GDP growth next year, add 1.9 million jobs, and cut the unemployment rate by a percentage point,” Zandi wrote.

In a fact sheet published by Office of the Press Secretary, the White House itself has estimated that president’s new jobs plan will cost a total of $447 billion. $447 billion divided by 1.9 million equals approximately $235,263.

Obama Predicts: His Plan Will Cost $235,263 Per Job | CNSnews.com

just send me 50k and I'll be happy to stay at home

show's just how much you think like a child 50,000 is not a lot of money. It's pocket change

Did I just kill another thread?

Damn I do not see how we managed while Bush was President with a high 5.6 unemployment rate.:eusa_whistle:
This was back in 2004
Bush officials try to cherry-pick statistics; it’s still worst job creation record in 60 years—EPI Viewpoints

Failing to find solace in the employment numbers, the administration points instead to the 5.6 percent unemployment rate. Although the unemployment rate has fallen, it has happened because record numbers of people have abandoned the search for jobs that don’t exist. Long-term unemployment is at a peak compared to the same point in the previous four recessions. In February, nearly one-fourth of unemployed people had been out of work at least six months. The average unemployment spell is 20.3 weeks, the longest average unemployment duration in more than 20 years.
Bush officials try to cherry-pick statistics; it’s still worst job creation record in 60 years—EPI Viewpoints | Economic Policy Institute

I'm sure you'll enjoy reading this and all about that un-godly high unemployment rate of 5.6

February 29, 2004

IT'S ALL RELATIVE

Is 5.6 percent a low figure, or a high one? Depends. If only 5.6 percent of hamburgers are discovered to contain meat, that’s way low. But if 5.6 percent of teachers are using their students as drug mules in elaborate Asian heroin importing schemes, that’s sort of high.
Tim Blair: IT'S ALL RELATIVE

And from another discussion group people just like us
This person started a thread dated 04-03-2004,

Can we necessarily believe Bush's new jobs claim?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Administration, the Bureau of Labor Statistics says we generated 308,000 new jobs in March.

But with Dubya's record of lying, is there a likelihood that he's exaggerating the numbers, or maybe even flat out lying?

It isn't as if Dubya's above manipulating facts to suit his own agenda. We found out the true cost of his Medicare program from a whistleblower.

The lies go on and on and on.

Go ahead, call it sour grapes, but I think only a retard would accept as fact, anything that comes out of this WH.

Can we necessarily believe Bush's new jobs claim? - Straight Dope Message Board

Yes I think I did. :lol:

Last edited:
How many jobs does the Department of Defence's $800 Billion a year budget generate?

Remember to include all those civilian jobs in the private sector that provide the DoD with supplies, armaments and what not.

I find it rather odd that so many of this boards conservatives don't object one bit to THOSE jobs being created by the Federal government

Why is that, do you suppose?

Republicans will blame Obama for anything they believe will help the GOP win back the White House. Republicans have become shameless in their political zeal. Republicans these days place the GOP before Country. The GOP is Despicably UnAmerican.

Forum List

Back