Job creation not the president’s job.

I'm sure you'll enjoy reading this and all about that un-godly high unemployment rate of 5.6

February 29, 2004

IT'S ALL RELATIVE

Is 5.6 percent a low figure, or a high one? Depends. If only 5.6 percent of hamburgers are discovered to contain meat, that’s way low. But if 5.6 percent of teachers are using their students as drug mules in elaborate Asian heroin importing schemes, that’s sort of high.
Tim Blair: IT'S ALL RELATIVE

And from another discussion group people just like us
This person started a thread dated 04-03-2004,

Can we necessarily believe Bush's new jobs claim?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Administration, the Bureau of Labor Statistics says we generated 308,000 new jobs in March.

But with Dubya's record of lying, is there a likelihood that he's exaggerating the numbers, or maybe even flat out lying?

It isn't as if Dubya's above manipulating facts to suit his own agenda. We found out the true cost of his Medicare program from a whistleblower.

The lies go on and on and on.

Go ahead, call it sour grapes, but I think only a retard would accept as fact, anything that comes out of this WH.

Can we necessarily believe Bush's new jobs claim? - Straight Dope Message Board

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the Administration, the Bureau of Labor Statistics says we generated 308,000 new jobs in March.

But with Dubya's record of lying, is there a likelihood that he's exaggerating the numbers, or maybe even flat out lying?

It isn't as if Dubya's above manipulating facts to suit his own agenda. We found out the true cost of his Medicare program from a whistleblower.

Go ahead, call it sour grapes, but I think only a retard would accept as fact, anything that comes out of this WH.

The president does not dictate what employment numbers are--ditto--head.

Did I say he did? What I have been doing is showing some blast from the past and how Bush according to the media was susposed to create jobs

Did I say he did? What I have been doing is showing some blast from the past and how Bush according to the media was susposed to create jobs

Really?

you stated this:

It isn't as if Dubya's above manipulating facts to suit his own agenda Maybe you can start looking at Solyndra and explain to us how the Bush administration turned down that loan and Barack Obama approved it.

Last edited:

Really?

you stated this:

It isn't as if Dubya's above manipulating facts to suit his own agenda Maybe you can start looking at Solyndra and explain to us how the Bush administration turned down that loan and Barack Obama approved it.

YOU, don't read very well do you? I wrote this above the quoted section in that post.

So no I didn't write that someone attacking Bush did.

JOB CREATION NOT THE PRESIDENT’S JOB.
It is not the president’s jobs to create jobs at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Bank of America or any private sector. It is his jobs to create government jobs that stimulate private sector to hire. But President Obama has been blocked on every occasion to create government jobs. It is a fact that government jobs has been lost by budget cut resulting in a domino effect of the private sector not hiring and laying off workers.
It takes money to create government jobs but the pay off is well worth it.
A sure way to make sure Obama fails is to stop him from creating government jobs. Obama failing is number one with Right Wing Nuts and T-Baggers.

Texas has not created one job. Supply and demand has.
It was government jobs that brought us out of the Great Depression and it will bring us out of the recession. Not Ford, Hoover Vacuum or Fuller Brush.

How many jobs does our military create? How many private contractors do we have in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Wow -not exactly top shelf when it comes to brains, huh. You sure sound like a product of our public school system too.

Right off the bat let's get out of the way what is meant by "job creation" because no one is saying it is the President's job to personally create any jobs. Government doesn't create jobs and government is NOT the engine that drives our economy either. When people talk about him creating jobs they do not mean they expect HIM to personally create jobs -but whether his policies are ones that will encourage job creation -or stifle it. Texas led the nation in job creation because their government policies encourage it and businesses are enticed to relocate and move to Texas because of that fact. Their state government policies are actually very different from those in many other states. California has some of the most anti-business policies in the nation which are driving businesses out of their state -many of which relocated to TEXAS! So yes, Texas created those jobs because their state government's policies are not anti-business policies but PRO-BUSINESS policies. And I mean job creation in the PRIVATE SECTOR because those are the ONLY ones that count as real jobs. Something you really should already know! If policies are pro-business, it means businesses will move there -and bring all their jobs with them. It means businesses can prosper and grow even larger. And this one is important - when they grow, they will need to hire more people -thus JOB CREATION.

You clearly haven't a clue what is even meant by "supply and demand" because that not only is NOT why Texas led the nation in job creation, you clearly have no understanding how government policies can make it irrelevant entirely by artificially driving up prices, creating shortages and over-regulating and making a business that was operating on the margin fall into unprofitability and fail!

Government can either INTERFERE with those who really do create jobs -or create an atmosphere that encourages economic growth and more jobs. Please try to understand that one. If a President adopts pro-job creation policies, it is reflected in the private sector where the jobs are actually created and the unemployment rate is low.

So when people talk about whether the President has created jobs, they are actually talking about whether his policies are PRO-BUSINESS and PRO-JOB CREATION in the private sector. Or ANTI-JOBS and ANTI-BUSINESS. And let's keep it real. It is impossible to be anti-business but pro-jobs. Obama has been unapologetic about his unrelentingly anti-business and anti-job policies.

Now let's move on to your incredibly STUPID notions about government jobs -because you made some really MINDBOGGLINGLY dumb statements. When a REAL job is created in the private sector, that person's wages are paid by that worker's own productivity and the increase to the business his work brings. That's how it works in the private sector.

But the salaries of government employees are paid for by those in the PRIVATE SECTOR -and not by their own productivity. WE pay for them with our income taxes. And don't bother about the income taxes of government workers -we paid those too because we paid for the entire salary of that person. Its like pretending if I steal $100 from your piggy bank and put $10 back in that I somehow gave you $10. No I didn't -I took $90 instead of $100 but at all times the money being moved around was YOURS -not mine.

When government increases its size and hires another person -they have removed a productive worker from the private sector. That means everyone else who is left will be paying for an additional government employee and the share of the burden for everyone left in the private sector GOES UP.

While you are astoundingly stupid enough to believe that government growing larger is a good thing -in reality it is BAD and it puts greater stresses on the only people who are footing the bill for the whole thing -TAXPAYERS. You apparently believe the money paid to government employees comes from some magical place -but in reality it comes from those who work in the private sector!

Get it through your head. Government does not create wealth -it can only take it from those who do. Wealth is created by those in the PRIVATE SECTOR. Just like REAL jobs are created in the private sector. NOT by government which can only impede job creation or get out of the way so those who do create jobs will do so. Right now our government under Obama is impeding job creation.

And sorry to break the really bad news to you but government jobs did NOT end the Great Depression. WWll did. For years it was considered an untouchable subject to criticize how awful FDR's policies really were -but they were TERRIBLE. In fact more and more economists today agree that the policies of FDR actually deepened and lengthened the depression and made the depression last at least 7 years longer than it would have without his policies. That is about twice as long in case you didn't know that. Imagine if a Republican oversaw policies that kept a depression ongoing for 15 years. There are economic cycles but none that would naturally last 15 YEARS without a lot of active "help" from government. If you took even a basic economics class you'd know why his policies were terrible.

You no doubt rely on your chosen lack of ignorance to influence your votes -pity we must all suffer for it.

You can find literally thousands of reliable sites regarding an HONEST appraisal of FDR's policies and the New Deal -written by experts in the field of US economics from all over the country. And you can find thousands of sites claiming those experts are all wrong -written by political hacks. This is just one of many of the former -from economists from one of THE most liberal universities in the nation. FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate / UCLA Newsroom

So a couple of sentences state who I am, heh? Would you like to be so judged?

No over 1200 post plus the one you posted to on the thread I started.

So quote some of the 1200 and provide an objective thoughtful objection and then I may take you as more than a cheap troll.

Junior your just like any troll I've dealt with they all start whining when I turn it up a knotch. But I am a fast study. The three post from you that I have read is all I need to know.

No over 1200 post plus the one you posted to on the thread I started.

So quote some of the 1200 and provide an objective thoughtful objection and then I may take you as more than a cheap troll.

Junior your just like any troll I've dealt with they all start whining when I turn it up a knotch. But I am a fast study. The three post from you that I have read is all I need to know.

So cheap, I am all done with you. You got nothing and are too lazy to look.

So cheap, I am all done with you. You got nothing and are too lazy to look.

You blew on the first post with me

1200 posts! I've said a lot of controversial stuff. Surely you can find something that you think is worthy of bashing me about. Or are you all just fluff & spin?

1200 posts! I've said a lot of controversial stuff. Surely you can find something that you think is worthy of bashing me about. Or are you all just fluff & spin?

I paticurly like this thread you started

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4028473-post1.html

I probably could have worded it a bit better but I stand behind the spirit of that post. Why do you support shipping American jobs to China so some small group of shareholders can profit?

I probably could have worded it a bit better but I stand behind the spirit of that post. Why do you support shipping American jobs to China so some small group of shareholders can profit?

Nawh I wouldn't have wrote it any other way:clap2:

Nawh I wouldn't have worte it any other way:clap2:

So that is the best you got 'the clap"?

Oh and what is "worte"?

Last edited:
You are a silly bastard that has proven you have nothin. You can't fight your way out of a paper bag. :razz:

Nawh I wouldn't have worte it any other way:clap2:

So that is the best you got 'the clap"?

Oh and what is "worte"?

You aren't Bob are you?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSo_1Q1lQfM&feature=related]We're ALL Screwed... - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back