Joan Rivers - TERRORIST?????

Contessa_Sharra

Searcher for Accuracy
Apr 27, 2008
Joan Rivers Kicked Off Newark-Bound Flight for Suspicious Passport

Gate agent in Costa Rica thought her passport was fishy

Updated 2:46 PM EST, Tue, Jan 5, 2010

Joan Rivers has been known to look kind of scary at times, but no one's ever mistaken her for a potential terrorist – until now.

The ever-hysterical plastic-surgery poster woman was kicked off a Newark-bound Continental flight from Costa Rica on Sunday after a security agent deemed the two names on her passport suspicious, according to published reports.

Rivers' passport has her listed with two last names – Rivers, which she adopted before she went into show business, and Rosenberg, the surname belonging to her late husband.

Once the gate agent saw the two names on the passport, she told Rivers she couldn't get on the flight. And thus the 76-year-old comedian was left alone (her daughter had flown out earlier that day) in the Central American country with no debit card and a mere $100 in cash, reports the Daily News.

Fortunately, a kindly porter took pity on Rivers and found someone to drive her nearly seven hours to Costa Rica's main airport in San Jose, where she was able to catch a flight back on Monday – a day behind schedule.

Back home in Manhattan, Rivers was able to make light of her traveling ordeal.

"If I were going to make up an alias, I wouldn't pick Rosenberg. I'd pick Jolie or Pitt," Rivers told the News. "Do terrorists wear Manolo Blahniks? I can tell you Donna Karan does not make anything that hides a bomb."

Security has been ramped up at airports across the country in recent weeks after a Nigerian national allegedly tried to blow up a Detroit-bound plane on Christmas Day by igniting a bomb in his underwear.

First Published: Jan 5, 2010 1:55 PM EST

spacer.gif

Find this article at:
Joan Rivers Kicked Off Newark-Bound Flight for Suspicious Passport | NBC New York
-----------------------------------------------------------------

This would be funny if it wasn't pathetic, and is more funny because Costa Rica is one of those Hispanic countries where EVERYONE has TWO LAST NAMES!!!!

If I was locked up alone in a room with Joan Rivers, I would slit my wrists. She's about the most "unfunny" and stupid person I have ever seen on tv.

If I was locked up alone in a room with Joan Rivers, I would slit my wrists. She's about the most "unfunny" and stupid person I have ever seen on tv.

She is actually a remarkable woman who was left with monumental debt after her husband killed himself. She had to start from scratch to rebuild her life and pay off his debt.

I think she was just coming back from another one of her surgeries.

Once Obamacare is placed into law all of the rich folks will have to go there to get their elective surgeries.

Gate agent in Costa Rica thought her passport was fishy

Updated 2:46 PM EST, Tue, Jan 5, 2010

Joan Rivers has been known to look kind of scary at times, but no one's ever mistaken her for a potential terrorist – until now.

The ever-hysterical plastic-surgery poster woman was kicked off a Newark-bound Continental flight from Costa Rica on Sunday after a security agent deemed the two names on her passport suspicious, according to published reports.

Rivers' passport has her listed with two last names – Rivers, which she adopted before she went into show business, and Rosenberg, the surname belonging to her late husband.

Once the gate agent saw the two names on the passport, she told Rivers she couldn't get on the flight. And thus the 76-year-old comedian was left alone (her daughter had flown out earlier that day) in the Central American country with no debit card and a mere $100 in cash, reports the Daily News.

Fortunately, a kindly porter took pity on Rivers and found someone to drive her nearly seven hours to Costa Rica's main airport in San Jose, where she was able to catch a flight back on Monday – a day behind schedule.

Back home in Manhattan, Rivers was able to make light of her traveling ordeal.

"If I were going to make up an alias, I wouldn't pick Rosenberg. I'd pick Jolie or Pitt," Rivers told the News. "Do terrorists wear Manolo Blahniks? I can tell you Donna Karan does not make anything that hides a bomb."

Security has been ramped up at airports across the country in recent weeks after a Nigerian national allegedly tried to blow up a Detroit-bound plane on Christmas Day by igniting a bomb in his underwear.

First Published: Jan 5, 2010 1:55 PM EST

spacer.gif

Find this article at:
Joan Rivers Kicked Off Newark-Bound Flight for Suspicious Passport | NBC New York
-----------------------------------------------------------------

This would be funny if it wasn't pathetic, and is more funny because Costa Rica is one of those Hispanic countries where EVERYONE has TWO LAST NAMES!!!!

She's had more plastic surgery than a blow up doll in San Quentin. Anyone would get thrown off a plane for looking like that!!!!

If I was standing across from her, I would deny boarding too

That's the official story. Actually the rest of the passengers were horrified at her appearance, men, cringing in terror, women fainting and kids screaming.
(So what else is new)

joan-rivers-012308.jpg

Oh, she can afford to be dressed in donna karen, but only has $100 to her name and no debit card????????

I'm sure someone slipped that guard a $100 or so not to let her on the plane. I would have, i'm not sure i know anyone that would like to be STUCK on a plane for a length of time with Joan Rivers!

...was just doing her job. Joan Rivers is a pompous ass. Had this happened to any other Rosenberg, we'd never hear of it. She's a guest on Larry Ling Live because of it. Celebrity worship knows no bounds.

Maybe the agent had never heard of Joan Rivers.

What an insignificant "breaking news" story.

I thought she was just on Hollywood squares?
Wasn't she there the day the squares collapsed and killed all except her.
She was sitting in the box previously occupied by Wally Cos. So had he not died the year before he would have survived?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back