Jiu Jitsu / Bjj / Muay Thai / Mma

Thought this was kind of a cool screen shot from my recent sparring session.

Sparring_zpshlaejaek.png

You, with the superman punch?

Yep. That was a really good round.

Ronda Rousey won her recent UFC title defense match in 14 seconds, with an armbar. Her last 11 fights took a total of 25 minutes. Some say she's a one-trick pony with the armbar, but that's like saying Mike Tyson was a one-trick pony with his uppercut. Winning is winning.

Now everyone wants her to fight the bigger Chris "Cyborg" Santos. Who some accuse of being a steroid freak. I think effort is going into creating a fake feud.

No video of that fight, but here's a different fight that shows the armbar.

The bastards blocked it...

that big fat glove stuff is silly. you can't grab things and you can't really hurt a guy with body blows when you wear gloves. A backfist SHOUlD be capable of breaking ribs, and a spade hand should be capable of breaking a hold, if applied to leg or arm muscles in a staccato (air chisel) fashion, but when you wear gloves, these techniques don't work. Each styles matches are HEAVILY weighted to be won in a certain way, and it's not good for overall ability

I had to take a leave from the MMA training....is it because I injured myself doing a bad ass flying arm bar? Judo throw?

no....carpel tunnel. :cheeky-smiley-018:

I was supposed to fight September 12th, but I've had to pull out because I tore a ligament in my right ankle during a take down. It really sucks going through weeks of conditioning and getting the shit kicked out of you sparring only to have to withdraw.

That sucks...I knew it was coming up this month. Damn....rest up and come back better than before. But I feel your pain

So what I thought was a sprain has turned out to actually be a fracture and a fairly bad one. After six weeks of not healing I finally decided to go see a podiatrist and get an x-ray done and I have a Jones fracture. He said he couldn't believe I've been walking around on it all this time. My foot is now in a boot for the next four to eight weeks. :bang3:

Does anyone here train?

I'm going to post vids here of some stuff for techniques and general interest. Add 'em if you got 'em
I practice my own combo's of boxing and kickboxing on a heavy bag, and also Shotokan, Judo, and American NCAA wrestling. I don't have a name for it other than MMA.

My basic attack is a triple punch followed with a double kick and a double punch and then either a tomahawk to break the neck if he shows me it or an upper body take down tackle to the ground followed by a half nelson or cross face hold and lock.

At that point I can snap his neck or draw my knife with my free hand and slit his throat.

This is not a spectator sport. It is a kill strategy.

So what I thought was a sprain has turned out to actually be a fracture and a fairly bad one. After six weeks of not healing I finally decided to go see a podiatrist and get an x-ray done and I have a Jones fracture. He said he couldn't believe I've been walking around on it all this time. My foot is now in a boot for the next four to eight weeks. :bang3:
Your fracture is probably half healed already.

Stay off it for a while.

Flavor Flav came into my gym tonight. :lol:
:wtf:
Nooo hahaha. Did he train?

No. He was talking to our Kru for about 20 minutes. No clue what about. He had a couple of kids with him so I'm wondering if he's looking to sign them up.

That dude has a TON of kids...His alone would be a boost to your whole gym lol

I found out they've known each other for like 20 years. Our Kru is a retired world champion fighter and back in the day he used to do security for MTV. He did security for one of the rap tours apparently and he said he used to get up early to train and he'd go outside and kick a tree of something. He said Flavor Flav used to come out and watch him and they started talking more and ultimately became friends. He said he ran into him again several years later in LA after Flav went completely broke and he gave him some money and Flav never forgot his generosity so they've kept in touch. He told me when Flav ended up getting on the Surreal Life he invited him to the set and let him walk through and check it out.
My school was founded by Nishiyama and my instructor was Bob Shapoff. Both competed in the national and international championships.

USA karate story : Chuck Norris - Joe Lewis - Bill Wallace: First WUKO and IAKF World Championships

Forum List

Back