Jingle Bells Now Under Attack

you exhibit "concrete thinking"

No, it's just every conversation with you often ends up going into weird tangents like Nazis in New England or some such shit... so let's try to stay on topic here.

The Song Jingle Bells absolutely has racist roots. Back in the days when we considered it funny to put white actors in black face and make fun of black people.

Should it lessen our enjoyment of the song? Meh... not much, I guess.
:lmao:
Does your political correctness hurt when you hear the song? :boohoo:
:fu:

The Regressives want every possible public tradition wiped away.

Given how they feel about this country, I guess that would make sense from their perspective.
I am a Traditionalist ... I give Christmas themed bongs as gifts

Last edited:

No, it's just every conversation with you often ends up going into weird tangents like Nazis in New England or some such shit... so let's try to stay on topic here.

The Song Jingle Bells absolutely has racist roots. Back in the days when we considered it funny to put white actors in black face and make fun of black people.

You really need to get a job, you have to much time on your hands.

You really need to get a job, you have to much time on your hands.
He hides in his mother’s basement see...
super-computer-nerd.jpg

It`s a yearly tradition for these neo Nazis pretend to love Jesus for a week. Gandhi knew they sucked.

Quote by Mahatma Gandhi : “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christia...”
Your Gandhi is a heathen... lol
Christ represents Christianity not Christians you dumbass

Christ represents the poor, the homeless , the stranger far from home staying in a creche, the downtrodden, the powerless, the Mary Magdalene females and paying taxes ...no wonder you all crucified your own savior ...
signed Criminally Bad Santa Leaping Elf Gnome

It`s a yearly tradition for these neo Nazis pretend to love Jesus for a week. Gandhi knew they sucked.

What could you tiki torch Hitler saluting neo Nazis know about Christianity? Do you really think Jesus was a gay hating racist?
I don’t think I would be invited to a Nazi party, I happen to be 100 percent Oglala Sioux...
Nazi is a European thing

I'm at the point where I don't even care if it's racist. This shit is going to far. Anyone offended can eat shit.

Christ represents the poor, the homeless , the stranger far from home staying in a creche, the downtrodden, the powerless, the Mary Magdalene females and paying taxes ...no wonder you all crucified your own savior ...
signed Criminally Bad Santa Leaping Elf Gnome
The death of Christ is the best thing that ever happened to this world… LOL
Of course the politically correct want to cherry pick the Bible making it a useless bit of gibberish

The Regressives want every possible public tradition wiped away.

Given how they feel about this country, I guess that would make sense from their perspective.

First, no one is trying to take away your "Jingle Bells". Not sure what that has to do with the birth of Jesus, but never mind.

Point is, the song does have its roots in the racist minstrels shows of the 19th century... I'm sorry that upsets you when someone points out we have a lot of stuff in our past that is not comfortable, but you all need to deal with it.
I'm completely comfortable with it. All of it.

It's standard procedure for totalitarian philosophies. First you destroy the history and culture of the nation you seek to conquer.

"History is the Lie that everyone agrees upon" - Voltaire.

So the problem isn't destroying the history, that's already been kind of done by the people who market Jingle Bells as this happy song and downplay its racist origins.

Sorry, Minstrel shows were racist and they were part of our history. Not seeing what the problem here is.

Now, as far as Christmas songs I find problematic, I'd like to see us get rid of "Baby, It's Cold Outside", or as I lovingly call it, "The Date Rape Song". Seriously, read the lyrics.

And they're not really "offended" when they claim to be. They just want you on the defensive so they can control the conversation.

And here comes Mac, assuming a conspiracy.

One professor discusses the historical context of a song, and he is trying to "control" the conversation.

A couple of Christmas Songs I'd love to see go away. "Santa Baby" Just annoying as fuck. "Last Christmas"... that girl or guy (Depending who is doing the cover) really comes off as needy.

Forum List

Back