Jindal, flip flopper

``There has never been a challenge that the American people, with as little interference as possible by the federal government, cannot handle.'' -- Bobby Jindal, March 24, 2009

Bobby, stop crying for federal help then. Handle it yourself. The repubs always cry about federal intervention until it affects them.

Singing new tune in oil spill's wake - Leonard Pitts Jr. - MiamiHerald.com

You need to wise up. It isn't Jindal's problem. The leak is in FEDERAL WATERS. that makes it obie wan's problem he needs to get hiz azz out there an plug up the hole daddy.

The federal government should have stopped oil from a spill 50 miles offshore from ever reaching the coastline. What have they done othe than whine about someone taking blame?

``There has never been a challenge that the American people, with as little interference as possible by the federal government, cannot handle.'' -- Bobby Jindal, March 24, 2009

Bobby, stop crying for federal help then. Handle it yourself. The repubs always cry about federal intervention until it affects them.

No state has the equipment or the resources to deal with this problem. Besides this isn't just a Louisiana problem. This will affect the entire Gulf Coast and if it gets into the Jet stream perhaps even the East Coast.

I'm no fan of Obama but his lack of vision and determination to help stop this problem is sickening. I feel he didn't really grasp the scoop of the disaster until it was to late. He suggested that the Bush admen was at fault. How long is he going to try to pen everything on him?

BTW Louisiana local shrimpers and fishermen or using their boats and dedicating their time and money to try to protect our wetlands. Folks from MS - FLA are also doing their best to protect their beautiful beaches but you know we aren't dealing with a spill but a gusher. I loved General Honore suggestion (He is the guy that the NOLA recovery really moving after Katrina. He said we should seize all of BP's assets in this country and charge them 100 million a day the disaster continues. That would light a fire under BP.

Last edited:
Jindal gave out Federal Government Stimulus checks throughout Louisiana, on which he had put his name.

I gotta go with Jindal. Like Katrina, the magnitude of this disaster far exceeds LA's ability to deal with it.

No state has the equipment or the resources to deal with this problem. Besides this isn't just a Louisiana problem. This will affect the entire Gulf Coast and if it gets into the Jet stream perhaps even the East Coast.

I'm no fan of Obama but his lack of vision and determination to help stop this problem is sickening. I feel he didn't really grasp the scoop of the disaster until it was to late. He suggested that the Bush admen was at fault. How long is he going to try to pen everything on him?

BTW Louisiana local shrimpers and fishermen or using their boats and dedicating their time and money to try to protect our wetlands. Folks from MS - FLA are also doing their best to protect their beautiful beaches but you know we aren't dealing with a spill but a gusher. I loved General Honore suggestion (He is the guy that the NOLA recovery really moving after Katrina. He said we should seize all of BP's assets in this country and charge them 100 million a day the disaster continues. That would light a fire under BP.

I totally agree!

This is a poor example of attempting to expose alleged hypocrisy. The Federal Government has a Constitutional responsibility to defend the nation from threats and the magnitude of this oil spill can arguably qualify as such.

This will affect the entire Gulf Coast and if it gets into the Jet stream perhaps even the East Coast.

SHIT!

I had no idea that there was a chance that the oil would become airborne and get into the jet stream!

I totally agree!

And once again, the GOP gives us another example of hypocrisy, and their rightwing supproters double down on the hypocrisy by pretending they don't see the hypocrisy.

The quote was "There has *NEVER* been a challenge that the American people, with as little interference as possible by the federal government, cannot handle.'"

Suddenly, Jindal and his syncophants think there *IS* a challenge the american people can't handle without the feds, but the rightwingers don't have the moral fiber to admit they are wrong.

I totally agree!

And once again, the GOP gives us another example of hypocrisy, and their rightwing supproters double down on the hypocrisy by pretending they don't see the hypocrisy.

The quote was "There has *NEVER* been a challenge that the American people, with as little interference as possible by the federal government, cannot handle.'"

Suddenly, Jindal and his syncophants think there *IS* a challenge the american people can't handle without the feds, but the rightwingers don't have the moral fiber to admit they are wrong.

we got it moron,, the problem is you stupid scenario does not apply.. JIndal is not asking for government help he is demanding they fix what is their responsibility..

You failed to mention that BP is paying these poor fishermen up to $3000 a day for their services.

You failed to mention that BP is paying these poor fishermen up to $3000 a day for their services.

Can you get me a link for that?

I totally agree!

we got it moron,, the problem is you stupid scenario does not apply.. JIndal is not asking for government help he is demanding they fix what is their responsibility..

In the bizarro world of conservatism, where corporations can do no wrong, BP is blameless and it's the Federal nanny-staters job to clean up after the mess BP made.

Yep, the deluded right thinks the feds are the problem so the feds should clean it up even though the free market does everything better than the govt, which is wasteful, they want theie nanny government to bail them and BP out.

And in this bizarro world, demanding the feds clean up the oil is NOT asking for govt help. And Jindal was right for saying they NEVER need fed help and Jindal is right for saying they need govt help from the feds

LOL

Gov "Gin Doll" needs the Fed to grant permission to implement his ideas and they keep dragging their feet because they'd rather turn the Gulf into a chocolate coastline than give Gov. "Gin Doll" a chance to look effective. So, he's right again. The Government is even fucking up saying "Yes"

LOL

Gov "Gin Doll" needs the Fed to grant permission to implement his ideas and they keep dragging their feet because they'd rather turn the Gulf into a chocolate coastline than give Gov. "Gin Doll" a chance to look effective. So, he's right again. The Government is even fucking up saying "Yes"

The Feds have already approved of Jindals ideas. Once again, Jindal sits on his butt crying for the nanny staters in the fed govt to come to his rescue. And the rightwingers will continue to insist that Jindal was and they NEVER need the feds, but only the feds have the resources so they do NEED fed help.

The inability to admit a mistake, even an obvious mistake, is a sign of a distubingly low self-esteem.

I gotta go with Jindal. Like Katrina, the magnitude of this disaster far exceeds LA's ability to deal with it.

Any rational person would agree. Except of course dimwits like Dutch and other lefties with an agenda. Gives 'em something to do until one of them can come up with another bogus Sarah Palin thread. Laugh along...it's free entertainment.

Can you get me a link for that?

Sure.

BP spokesman John Currie said BP has been paying up to 3,000 dollars a day to out-of-work fishermen and others who are able to prove they have been impacted by the crisis.

US oil spill threatens fish, fishermen, experts warn - Yahoo! News

Forum List

Back