Jindal blocks non-existent state funding for ACORN

not when it was JUST DONE NOW
sheeesh
it was likely in process before it passed, NO?

Show me that report.

Again, I'm for this action by Jindal, if there was anything to ban. However, if you seriously think ACORN has any sort of future after this incident, then you are not thinking.

The company is going to lose all federal funding and all state funding where states were ACTUALLY GIVING THEM funding. No funding means no company. Besides, anything ACORN or the leaders of ACORN do will be closely watched in the future.

And again, do you think they're going to lie on Federal forms? Besides, do you know who runs the whole Form a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation process? The IRS. Take a good look at the history of the people who thought they could fuck with the IRS.
again, they have CHANGED THEIR NAME ALREADY TO COI

Okay, and the Tobacco companies change their name, do I suddenly think they're a candy company? No.

If you can figure it out, I'm sure those running the state Governments can. I mean it's not rocket science by any means. However, I would :lol: if Jindal was stupid enough to not include the idea that they might change their name.

Okay, and the Tobacco companies change their name, do I suddenly think they're a candy company? No.

If you can figure it out, I'm sure those running the state Governments can. I mean it's not rocket science by any means. However, I would :lol: if Jindal was stupid enough to not include the idea that they might change their name.
the point you are trying so hard to miss is, they are trying to get around their name

the point you are trying so hard to miss is, they are trying to get around their name

I don't miss the point. In fact, I recognize the point and compare it to something else I've seen in my experiences. If it didn't work for the billion dollar tobacco companies, you really think it's going to work for ACORN?

bobby(IE Robert) not reading for comprehension today

I didn't realize facts were partisan bullshit.

Here's what happened:

Jindal issued an exec order to keep any money from ACORN who's HQ is in New Orleans.

The Problem with that order?

They weren't giving any money to ACORN. It would be like a general sending out troops into the field where there are no opposing forces.

Or rather, to keep any potential contracts from forming in the first place, the argument might be, but it's still an empty gesture in the end.

bobby(IE Robert) not reading for comprehension today

I didn't realize facts were partisan bullshit.

Here's what happened:

Jindal issued an exec order to keep any money from ACORN who's HQ is in New Orleans.

The Problem with that order?

They weren't giving any money to ACORN. It would be like a general sending out troops into the field where there are no opposing forces.

Or rather, to keep any potential contracts from forming in the first place, the argument might be, but it's still an empty gesture in the end.
he doesnt understand

Last edited:
:lol: Divecon, did you even bother to read? What he just said, I HAVE BEEN saying. :lol:

It's alright :lol:

My whole point has been it's an empty gesture. Divecon believes otherwise. I like the fact it might prevent future contracts, however as of right now, it's an empty gesture because ACORN has no future as far as one can see.

Maybe Sidestreamer can clarify. However, what I bolded is what I have been saying all along. :eusa_eh:

Take it at face value. I believe Jindal's public intent was to prevent all future funding for ACORN, but politically given the voter base in Louisiana and the fact that ACORN wasn't receiving state money in the first place, and considering ACORN's troubled state right now, it seems more like a campaign stunt than a piece of legislation that's going to have any real effect on Louisiana's affairs.

Maybe Sidestreamer can clarify. However, what I bolded is what I have been saying all along. :eusa_eh:
but its NOT an empty gesture
What would the probability of a conservative government like Louisiana's offering state funding to that group be had Jindal not signed that executive order?

What would the probability of a conservative government like Louisiana's offering state funding to that group be had Jindal not signed that executive order?
the probability of them getting any governmental funding shouldn't be an issue
they never should have gotten any
its a corrupt group

its a corrupt group

A lot of things shouldn't happen. However, they do, and you deal with it as they come. This issue has been dealt with long before Jindal issued down the order.

its a corrupt group
But fact is, many Republicans think ACORN helped Obama get elected through fraudulent voter registrations, so the chances of a conservative state like Louisiana offering funding to them is about the same as California's odds of approving a "Choose Life" vanity plate anytime soon.

its a corrupt group

A lot of things shouldn't happen. However, they do, and you deal with it as they come. This issue has been dealt with long before Jindal issued down the order.
that is 100% pure BULLSHIT
it wasnt handled

that is 100% pure BULLSHIT
it wasnt handled

Jindal did this after the fact, after the fact ACORN was discovered as who they are. The necessary steps were already being taken by the time this action was done.

SideStreamer is right.

its a corrupt group
But fact is, many Republicans think ACORN helped Obama get elected through fraudulent voter registrations, so the chances of a conservative state like Louisiana offering funding to them is about the same as California's odds of approving a "Choose Life" vanity plate anytime soon.
do you have proof that they NEVER got ANY LA State funding, EVER?

Forum List

Back