Jindal admitts the sotry is false

Doubtful. The Republicans had a majority and the Democrats didn't want to look like they were weak on national security. Now the Democrats have a majority and they are spending more money than Bush ever did, not to mention ramping up the war in Afghanistan. This could be the end of the US.

Bush couldn't of gone to war if the media had done it's job and made him admit sooner rather then later that Saddam and 9/11 were NOT connected and that Saddam did not have WMDs.

Sure looks like they will.

Can someone give me a LIE by Biden BTW?

is 14 ok ? :eusa_whistle:

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMADINEJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALTERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people’s health insurance coverage — they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska — she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it’s not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO’s International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation — he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won’t pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

good points. You should run Jindal and Palin in 2012, and keep defending Bush with every fiber of your being.

Last edited:

From a 1987 NY Times piece about Biden's resume.
On Sunday night, Mr. Biden said emphatically that he intended to remain a candidate for the Democratic Presidential nomination. ''I think if I can get by the next week, I can pull out of this if I can just get my story across,'' he said.
Most of Mr. Biden's statement was in response to a report in this week's issue of Newsweek magazine on a tape recording made by the C-SPAN network of an appearance by Mr. Biden at a home in Claremont, N.H., on April 3. It was a typical coffee-klatch style appearance before a small group. The network regularly records and broadcasts such events as part of its coverage of the Presidential campaign.
The tape, which was made available by C-SPAN in response to a reporter's request, showed a testy exchange in response to a question about his law school record from a man identified only as ''Frank.'' Mr. Biden looked at his questioner and said: ''I think I have a much higher I.Q. than you do.''
He then went on to say that he ''went to law school on a full academic scholarship - the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship,'' Mr. Biden said. He also said that he ''ended up in the top half'' of his class and won a prize in an international moot court competition. In college, Mr. Biden said in the appearance, he was ''the outstanding student in the political science department'' and ''graduated with three degrees from college.'' Comments on Assertions
In his statement today, Mr. Biden, who attended the Syracuse College of Law and graduated 76th in a class of 85, acknowledged: ''I did not graduate in the top half of my class at law school and my recollection of this was inacurate.''
As for receiving three degrees, Mr. Biden said: ''I graduated from the University of Delaware with a double major in history and political science. My reference to degrees at the Claremont event was intended to refer to these majors - I said 'three' and should have said 'two.' '' Mr. Biden received a single B.A. in history and political science.
''With regard to my being the outstanding student in the political science department,'' the statement went on. ''My name was put up for that award by David Ingersoll, who is still at the University of Delaware.''
In the Sunday interview, Mr. Biden said of his claim that he went to school on full academic scholarship: ''My recollection is - and I'd have to confirm this - but I don't recall paying any money to go to law school.'' Newsweek said Mr. Biden had gone to Syracuse ''on half scholarship based on financial need.'' Says He Also Received Grant
In his statement today, Mr. Biden did not directly dispute this, but said he received a scholarship from the Syracuse University College of Law ''based in part on academics'' as well as a grant from the Higher Education Scholarship Fund of the state of Delaware. He said the law school ''arranged for my first year's room and board by placing me as an assitant resident adviser in the undergraduate school.''
As for the moot court competition, Mr. Biden said he had won such a competition, with a partner, in Kingston, Ontario, on Dec. 12, 1967.
Mr. Biden acknowledged that in the testy exchange in New Hampshire, he had lost his temper. ''I exaggerate when I'm angry,'' Mr. Biden said, ''but I've never gone around telling people things that aren't true about me.'' Mr. Biden's questioner had made the query in a mild tone, but provoked an explosive response from Mr. Biden. 'Legitimate Questions of Press'
As for the continued, minute probing of his past, Mr. Biden told The Times: ''I guess every single word I've ever said is going to be dissected now.''

From Wikipedia:
Biden attended the University of Delaware in Newark,[10] where by his own later description he was a lazy student;[11] He graduated with a double major in history and political science in 1965,[2] ranked 506th of 688 in his class.[12] He went on to receive his J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law in 1968,[10] where by his own description he again underperformed and ranked 76th of 85 students.[11][13] He was admitted to the Delaware Bar in 1969.[10]

Chicago Daily Observer 9/10/2008
On April 3, 1987, at a campaign stop in Claremont, New Hampshire, a voter named Frank innocently asked Biden what law school he attended and how he performed there. “I think I have a much higher IQ than you do,” Biden, who went to Syracuse University College of Law, answered. “I went to law school on a full academic scholarship.” He told the astonished man that while he admittedly did not do well his first year because he didn’t want to be in law school, he did much better his second and third years and “ended up in the top half” of his class. I won the international moot-court competition.”
Without being asked, Biden then boasted about his performance in college (at the University of Delaware), telling Frank that he had been named the “outstanding student in the political-science department. . . I graduated with three degrees from college . . . And I’d be delighted to sit back and compare my IQ to yours if you’d like, Frank.”
There were a number of lies in this outburst and it was not long before they too were enumerated:
—Biden got in trouble in 1965, during his first year in law school. He wrote a paper in which he lifted five pages verbatim from the Fordham Law Review. He was given an “F” in the course. He managed to avoid being bounced from law school, retook the course and earned a “B.” (He had to repeat two other law school courses, although not for plagiarizing.)
—He claimed that he was “the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship.” He didn’t. He did have a half scholarship that was need based.
—He did not graduate from law school in the top half of his class. He graduated 76th out of 85—and he was near the bottom of his class all three years.
—If he won the moot court competition—and he claimed at the time that he actually did—he did not put it on his resume, surprising for a man prone to so egregiously exaggerating his accomplishments.
—He did not win the award for being the outstanding student in the political science department at Delaware, and he graduated with one degree, not three. He had a “C” average and graduated 506th in a class of 688.
At the time, he told a reporter, “I exaggerate when I’m angry.”

KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana |Reality check for Vice President Joe Biden
Biden gives wrong figures on unemployment in La.

Good post, Jindal will be able to be veep in 30 years.

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMADINEJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALTERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people’s health insurance coverage — they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska — she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it’s not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO’s International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation — he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won’t pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

good points. You should run Jindal and Palin in 2012, and keep defending Bust with every fiber of your being.

Bush was not good, just admit Obama is no good and there's a start ......

good points. You should run Jindal and Palin in 2012, and keep defending Bust with every fiber of your being.

obama's been in office for 30 days dude. If obama totally sucks, democrats have a way of being principled and getting rid of dead wood. LBJ was forced out of office, and ted kennedy challenged and nearly defeated carter in the 80 primary.

republicans don't show principle. Not a single, solitary one of you wanted a primary challenger to bush in 2004, even though you now claim you supposedly never supported bush. You cons defended bush to the hilt for seven years, don't give me that bullshit you never supported bush.

Doubtful. The Republicans had a majority and the Democrats didn't want to look like they were weak on national security. Now the Democrats have a majority and they are spending more money than Bush ever did, not to mention ramping up the war in Afghanistan. This could be the end of the US.

Bush couldn't of gone to war if the media had done it's job and made him admit sooner rather then later that Saddam and 9/11 were NOT connected and that Saddam did not have WMDs.

Again, doubtful. The worldwide intelligence community believed Saddam had WMDs. The media and Congress knew this. There was also a other problems with Saddam Hussein. For instance, he supported the destruction of Israel. And if he hadn't invaded Kuwait, the US would not have intervened in the first Gulf War and used a base in Saudi Arabia which ultimately gave OBL reason to attack the US on 9/11.

Again, doubtful. The worldwide intelligence community believed Saddam had WMDs. The media and Congress knew this. There was also a other problems with Saddam Hussein. For instance, he supported the destruction of Israel. And if he hadn't invaded Kuwait, the US would not have intervened in the first Gulf War and used a base in Saudi Arabia which ultimately gave OBL reason to attack the US on 9/11.

The UN inspectors found none. Few leaders in the Middle East probably accept Israel's existence if any; does that mean we're gonna go bomb them all? We shouldn't.

And you're right on that last part, though you may of accidently left out the part where he invaded Kuwait with weapons WE gave him in the 80's to fight Iranians.

The UN inspectors found none. Few leaders in the Middle East probably accept Israel's existence if any; does that mean we're gonna go bomb them all? We shouldn't.

And you're right on that last part, though you may of accidently left out the part where he invaded Kuwait with weapons WE gave him in the 80's to fight Iranians.

The UN has little power and influence. Of course few leaders in the ME accept Israel's existence. Neither had any bearing on the war. If it were up to me, I'll withdraw all our troops. However, Obama is continuing the war in Iraq until at least 2010 and is ramping up the war in Afghanistan. That means more dead American soldiers.

I'm surprised you know of the Iraq/Iran war. Good for you. Iran is now a huge threat. Obama will have his hands full. I wouldn't doubt it if Obama started threatening Iran with military strikes in the near future.

obama's been in office for 30 days dude. If obama totally sucks, democrats have a way of being principled and getting rid of dead wood. LBJ was forced out of office, and ted kennedy challenged and nearly defeated carter in the 80 primary.

republicans don't show principle. Not a single, solitary one of you wanted a primary challenger to bush in 2004, even though you now claim you supposedly never supported bush. You cons defended bush to the hilt for seven years, don't give me that bullshit you never supported bush.

Well, finally,, it's good to hear you admit that one should not support one that one dosen't believe in...

TM are you ever going to learn how to spell? Problems as bad as yours point to educational shortcomings.

What principle's is Obama showing ? That he doesn't give a rats ass about the country or the recession and that his objective is to push his agenda ? Sounds typical to me .....

remember when the obamalama told the story of his being a "product of Selma"? He was born after Selma! I betcha TM and Ravi didn't have a cow over that one did they? Can you say HYPOCRITE?

remember when the obamalama told the story of his being a "product of Selma"? He was born after Selma! I betcha TM and Ravi didn't have a cow over that one did they? Can you say HYPOCRITE?
Poor Willow, can't stay on topic.

Who do you think the next great white hope will be for the GOP now that Jindal screwed the pooch? Poor guy probably won't even get reelected governor in Louisiana after cynically using dying people in an effort to make himself look like a hero.

Poor Willow, can't stay on topic.

Who do you think the next great white hope will be for the GOP now that Jindal screwed the pooch? Poor guy probably won't even get reelected governor in Louisiana after cynically using dying people in an effort to make himself look like a hero.

I'm on target,, hit a bullseye.. huh girlie? :lol:

Forum List

Back