Jimny! did you hear back?

Yesterday was a very odd day for me. As you know I need to vacate my apartment on the 29th, have no new place yet, no job... blah, blah, blah

So I spent the entire day yesterday looking at apartments, staring at my phone, calling about apartments, stressing, staring at my phone...

The phone rang about 50 times yesterday and I jumped everytime but then came back to reality when the caller ID lit up and I realized it wasn't them.

At 6pm yesterday I gave up and proceeded to think of my options. I was set to sign a lease on an apartment (2 family house) but blew off the realtor at the last minute because without a job, signing any legal document scares the hell out of me. And not to mention, the place just wasn't for me anyway, but I sometimes have a problem saying no and jumping at the first thing I see.

So now no job, no apartment, no money, no...

But, then my phone call came at about 6:50 last evening. The owner invited me to meet him at the clients office on Wednesday for final approval since I'll be FT at their law office. Presumably, if all goes well with the client then the position is mine! :)

Still lingering issues though as it obviously won't be quite awhile before I receive multiple paychecks and I still need a place by the 29th, but a job would certainly help at this stage of the game!

So, if I land the job, the yearly membership fee that I spoke of earlier will now be reduced to $500 per year. :laugh:

jimnyc said:
Yesterday was a very odd day for me. As you know I need to vacate my apartment on the 29th, have no new place yet, no job... blah, blah, blah

So I spent the entire day yesterday looking at apartments, staring at my phone, calling about apartments, stressing, staring at my phone...

The phone rang about 50 times yesterday and I jumped everytime but then came back to reality when the caller ID lit up and I realized it wasn't them.

At 6pm yesterday I gave up and proceeded to think of my options. I was set to sign a lease on an apartment (2 family house) but blew off the realtor at the last minute because without a job, signing any legal document scares the hell out of me. And not to mention, the place just wasn't for me anyway, but I sometimes have a problem saying no and jumping at the first thing I see.

But, then my phone call came at about 6:50 last evening. The owner invited me to meet him at the clients office on Wednesday for final approval since I'll be FT at their law office. Presumably, if all goes well with the client then the position is mine! :)

Still lingering issues though as it obviously won't be quite awhile before I receive multiple paychecks and I still need a place by the 29th, but a job would certainly help at this stage of the game!

So, if I land the job, the yearly membership fee that I spoke of earlier will now be reduced to $500 per year. :laugh:

YAY! :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

jimnyc said:

<b>So, if I land the job, the yearly membership fee that I spoke of earlier will now be reduced to $500 per year.</b> :laugh:

Some of us are entitled to Frequent Poster Discounts, yes?

:thup:

no1tovote4 said:
I'd let you hang out here but the commute would be brutal....

me too... personally, I would just put him to work with Tim, getting the basement done-we have all the tools, and most of the supplies (except carpet)...it's just the time to get it all done that is limited. That would be his rent... :cof:

Jimny, If the head guy invites you to the client's office for final approval, it sounds like you are at 3rd base, rounding to home!

:thewave:

jimnyc said:

Sounds like it's just a formality...

Hooray!!! :clap:

fuzzykitten99 said:
me too... personally, I would just put him to work with Tim, getting the basement done-we have all the tools, and most of the supplies (except carpet)...it's just the time to get it all done that is limited. That would be his rent... :cof:

Jimny, If the head guy invites you to the client's office for final approval, it sounds like you are at 3rd base, rounding to home!

:thewave:

Sounds that way to me as well. I think your in! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. If the job comes thru that eases up 85% of your worries hopefully.

Forum List

Back