Jimmy Kimmel and pre-existing conditions versus reality...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Kimmel like most hollow wood elites piously contends GOP replacement of Obamacare will HURT kids like what his kid suffered with heart conditions.

It is interesting though how Kimmel like many people do take ANECDOTAL situations and make them the RULE rather than the exception.
Case in point.
Under Obamacare supposedly NO one need worry about Pre-existing conditions as it was TOTALLY covered right?
Now remember the emotional motivated Obamacare was passed because Obama told us:
"Up to half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition,"
FACTS folks: Half of All Americans would have been 160 million. Right?
WELL right away that is a bald face lie
BECAUSE under employer insurance there are no PRE-EXISTING conditions!!!
FACT is it affected less then 22 million i.e. 7% that had private health insurance...
BUT WAIT how many people were refused health insurance due to Pre-existing conditions?
A total of LESS THEN 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.
Obama's Pre-existing Conditions Whopper

Now under Obamacare HOW many people of those millions with Pre-existing conditions were covered?
Pre-existing Condition Insurance Program (PCIP) was operational in all 50 states by the fall of 2010. By late 2012, just over 100,000 individuals were enrolled and program expenses had consumed nearly half of the $5 billion appropriation.
High-Risk Pools For Uninsurable Individuals

Each year approximately 40,000 babies are born in the United States with a congenital heart defect
Fact Sheets | The Children’s Heart Foundation
So why doesn't little Jimmy do what Jerry Lewis did with Muscular Dystrophy and start a telethon for this charity:
We help families with children suffering from congenital heart disease by
providing financial support. We also strive to raise awareness of CHD -- with the end goal of improving the outcomes for those affected by CHD.

Hopeful Hearts

Why must our tax dollars go to support when we actually can get a tax deduction by donating to the above and IT helps these parents instead of making it a Federal responsibility?

Does healthmyths think every parent of a disabled child should/could start a marathon? Does she have the slightest clue as to why that's an utterly stupid "idea"?

If pino trump gets his way, the biggest losers will be children with congenital defects but its not as though they're fetuses, right? Others will be disabled vets and the right really hates vets. Elderly too but its their own fault for not letting their employers gut their pensions.

But hey, let's keep our priorities straight - the gop bill will screw over a lot of Americans but on the plus side, it will give billions to the 1%.

Last edited:

How can that be a lie since he said people had pre x and didn't say that many were denied?

At that time before ACA group employer insurance certainly could be medically underwritten and also if someone coming onto group insurance at that time if they had pre x and were not coming from another insurance plan they certainly had a waiting period for pre X.

I certainly want to know what 50 states had some kind of high-risk pool prior to obamacare being implemented. My guess is less than 10 states. My state had one back in the late 90's and it went belly up. The repubs in this state didn't know how to manage.

Does healthmyths think every parent of a disabled child start a marathon? Does she have the slightest clue as to why that's an utterly stupid "idea"?

If pino trump gets his way, the biggest losers will be children with congenital defects but its not as though they're fetuses, right? Others will be disabled vets and the right really hates vets. Elderly too but its their own fault for not letting their employers gut their pensions.

But hey, let's keep our priorities straight - the gop bill will screw over a lot of Americans but on the plus side, it will give billions to the 1%.

This op if he wasn't lying works for a company I get continuous spam mail from daily, I have reported that company and the persons name that sends it a couple times. Next step is my state attorney general complaint division.

Kimmel like most hollow wood elites piously contends GOP replacement of Obamacare will HURT kids like what his kid suffered with heart conditions.

It is interesting though how Kimmel like many people do take ANECDOTAL situations and make them the RULE rather than the exception.
Case in point.
Under Obamacare supposedly NO one need worry about Pre-existing conditions as it was TOTALLY covered right?
Now remember the emotional motivated Obamacare was passed because Obama told us:
FACT is it affected less then 22 million i.e. 7% that had private health insurance...
BUT WAIT how many people were refused health insurance due to Pre-existing conditions?
A total of LESS THEN 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.

Now under Obamacare HOW many people of those millions with Pre-existing conditions were covered?
Pre-existing Condition Insurance Program (PCIP) was operational in all 50 states by the fall of 2010. By late 2012, just over 100,000 individuals were enrolled and program expenses had consumed nearly half of the $5 billion appropriation.

Each year approximately 40,000 babies are born in the United States with a congenital heart defect
So why doesn't little Jimmy do what Jerry Lewis did with Muscular Dystrophy and start a telethon for this charity:
providing financial support. We also strive to raise awareness of CHD -- with the end goal of improving the outcomes for those affected by CHD.

Hopeful Hearts

Why must our tax dollars go to support when we actually can get a tax deduction by donating to the above and IT helps these parents instead of making it a Federal responsibility?

/----/ Libs treat Kimmel's opinion as gospel even though he's an entertainer. Yet they dismiss Rush and Sean claiming they are only entertainers.
liberals confused.png

Case in point.

Hopeful Hearts

Trump yesterday: "I would not sign Graham-Cassidy if it did not include coverage of pre-existing conditions. It does!"

Not even the obese orange prick is on your side

Case in point.

Hopeful Hearts

Hey asshole, normal people learn vicariously. Assholes ignore reality.

How can that be a lie since he said people had pre x and didn't say that many were denied?

At that time before ACA group employer insurance certainly could be medically underwritten and also if someone coming onto group insurance at that time if they had pre x and were not coming from another insurance plan they certainly had a waiting period for pre X.

I certainly want to know what 50 states had some kind of high-risk pool prior to obamacare being implemented. My guess is less than 10 states. My state had one back in the late 90's and it went belly up. The repubs in this state didn't know how to manage.

You didn't evidently read the entire post.

Obama and other Democrats made it sound like there were tens of millions of Americans going uninsured because cruel insurers were refusing to cover them.
The Obama administration even put out a report titled :
At Risk: Pre-Existing Conditions Could Affect 1 in 2 Americans: 129 Million Could Be Denied Affordable Coverage Without Health Reform."
It was ludicrously dishonest. Here’s why.

First: prior to Obamacare, the vast majority of Americans with health insurance were already in plans that were required to offer them coverage regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Employer-based plans were required to offer coverage to everyone regardless of pre-existing conditions.
So were Medicare, Medicaid, and other government programs like the VA. Employer- and government-based plans, prior to Obamacare,
represented 90 percent of Americans with health insurance.
The other 10 percent were people buying coverage on their own, on the individual market. In most—but not all—states prior to Obamacare, people buying coverage on their own could, in theory, be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition.

That gets us to point number two: that in practice, a tiny percentage of Americans were being denied coverage due to a pre-existing condition prior to Obamacare. We know this in general because surveys consistently indicated that this was the case, and in detail because of an Obamacare program called the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, or PCIP.
PCIP was designed to work from the years 2010 to 2014, as a bridge until Obamacare’s insurance regulations took effect. During those years, Americans could sign up for heavily subsidized coverage under PCIP if they had documented proof that they had been denied coverage by an insurance company and had a pre-existing condition.
Suffice it to say that 129 million people didn’t sign up for the PCIP program. Indeed, not even 129 thousand people signed up for the program. Enrollment in PCIP
peaked in February 2013 at 114,959.
For those 114,959 people, the PCIP program was no doubt important. But Democrats could have passed a 5-page bill allocating a few billion dollars a year to covering 114,959 people without upending the entire U.S. health care system.
Thanks To Democrats, Pre-Existing Conditions Outweigh The Uninsured In The GOP Obamacare Deal

So again... hyperbole by Obama... hyperbole by Kimmell and total ignorance of the FACTS!

BS all you want, but Kimmell is right. And fact checkers prove him out.

What "fact checkers"??? here is one of Kimmell stupid claim:

Fact-checking Jimmy Kimmel's reaction to Graham-Cassidy
Kimmel Claim: The bill ‘kicks 30 million Americans off insurance’
This claim is unverifiable. Kimmel put a big number out there, and there is reason to question it. But backers of the bill can’t point to the CBO to rebut him.
Well HERE is a REBUTTAL by the architect of Obamacare! A FACT! NOT A GUESS!

In March 2016, CBO estimated that 13 million additional people would be enrolled in Medicaid on average in 2016 as a result of the ACA.
The agency projected that 11 million, or roughly 85%, would be eligible because of the ACA.
These are non-disabled, working age, adult enrollees with income between the state’s previous eligibility threshold and 138 percent of the federal poverty line—the income level to which the ACA expanded Medicaid.
The other 2 million consist of people who were eligible for Medicaid under states’ previous eligibility criteria but who came out of the “woodwork” as a result of the ACA.
Gruber and his coauthors, using data from the Census Bureau, estimate that Medicaid “produced 63% of the gains [in coverage] that we identified” for 2014. They also found that much of this gain was attributable to the enrollment in Medicaid of people who were eligible for the program under criteria that preceded the ACA’s Medicaid expansion:
Perhaps less obviously, we also found a substantial increase in Medicaid coverage among children and adults who were already eligible for the program before 2014. This population accounted for 44% of the coverage increase.

New Gruber Study Raises Major Questions About Obamacare's Medicaid Expansion
DO YOU comprehend this??? over 44% or nearly 5 million WERE ELIGIBLE BEFORE ACA for Medicaid!
Do you understand? That's what the below pointed out that 14 million of the supposedly 46 million WERE ELIGIBLE before Obamacare!
They didn't know it! So how come it required FURTHER destruction of our health care system to simple cover 14 million people ALREADY eligible?
EXPLAIN PLEASE!

never46millionrev2.png

I live in a state of 20 million or so, the company I represent as a third of the market, 660,000 individual business and 40% or so were declined before ACA that would have been 264,000 of the 660,000 but many more had to apply to have over half million as policyholders. About 10% or so had exclusions on their policy for one body part or another. That is just one company. How many of the rest declined or put exclusions just in one state? Then there were a few companies that issued a policy immediately but underwrote at time of a claim and if they found you had a pre x would not pay a claim and most likely cancel you after you had paid premiums for months or years. I am just comparing one state there are 50, sure without the population but none the less had many that fell into the above category.

I am not doubting your copy and paste story I am doubting the journalist who wrote it. Where does he supposedly get his facts?

Screw Kimmel; like most self-absorbed half-wits with high self-esteem, he could care less before his own kid had problems and he had to pay out of pocket for some major surgery, which of course he could afford to pay, and now all of a sudden he's playing the Big Health Care Activist movie in his head, with himself as the Star.

I had a car accident a few years ago and my car insurance was supposed to pay for the herniated disc treatment I had to undergo.

But the Independent medical expert used by my car insurance company said that my herniated disc was a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION because he said I have degenerative disc disease. I have an MRI from about a year before that showed absolutely zero problems with my lower back other than a small bulge in one disc.

The use of pre-existing conditions to avoid paying for treatment is a plague on the insurance industry and the public welfare.

I always put it this way... say you buy a top of the line BMW for cash, so you don't get collision. You total it. Then walk into Allstate and demand to be covered... what do you think the cost will be?

Does healthmyths think every parent of a disabled child should/could start a marathon? Does she have the slightest clue as to why that's an utterly stupid "idea"?

No, it will give you bleeding hearts a chance to prove just how much you care instead of simply claiming you do and do it with your own money. Not willing? I guess you'll be the one causing all those to lose something since it's not the government's place nor the taxpayer's responsibility to deal with or fund healthcare for someone else.

I live in a state of 20 million or so, the company I represent as a third of the market, 660,000 individual business and 40% or so were declined before ACA that would have been 264,000 of the 660,000 but many more had to apply to have over half million as policyholders. About 10% or so had exclusions on their policy for one body part or another. That is just one company. How many of the rest declined or put exclusions just in one state? Then there were a few companies that issued a policy immediately but underwrote at time of a claim and if they found you had a pre x would not pay a claim and most likely cancel you after you had paid premiums for months or years. I am just comparing one state there are 50, sure without the population but none the less had many that fell into the above category.

I am not doubting your copy and paste story I am doubting the journalist who wrote it. Where does he supposedly get his facts?

Let's break down your statement because I don't understand what you wrote.
A) You live in a state with 20 million people. Right?
B) That means NY- 19 million FL- 20 million Texas 27 million or Calif. 39 million
C) I don't understand what you mean "the company I represent as a third of market" You mean YOU work for a company that has 1/3rd of what market?
D) 660,000 individual businesses in NY,FL,TX or Ca. which means there are in one of these 4 states 1,980,000 businesses?
E) So based on this source: https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/advocacy/SB Profiles 2014-15_0.pdf
Ca has 3.6 million small businesses Tx 2.4 million Fl 2.2 million NY 2 million.
F) So the closest to 1.9 businesses is NY at 2 million.
G) And your experience is in NY 40% of your 660,000 or 264,000 were declined group health insurance? Is that what you mean? So now we know it must by NY.

In summary are you saying 40% of YOUR small business companies couldn't afford YOUR health insurance policies or didn't qualify?
What has that to do with "pre-existing conditions" numbers? Because maybe YOUR company needs to be scrutinized for price gouging?

Let's see what some other sources say about small business insurance coverage in NY.

“The cost of health care had a significant impact on our profitability last year,” said Tom McManus, 46, the chief executive of KegWorks, a bar supplies retailer in Buffalo (NY). “Obamacare made it worse, but I didn’t see anything in the new bill that would have made it any better. They need to focus on the real health care problem: cost.”

Durable Corporation’s plan, which Mr. Secor said had worked well for the company’s 37 employees, omits some benefits that are required to meet the health law’s minimum coverage standards. So far, the plan has been grandfathered in, allowing Durable to keep it — but if that protection ends, Mr. Secor does not know if his company can afford to continue offering insurance, he said.
One of them was a fix long sought by small-business owners to an obscure — but, for some, devastating — Affordable Care Act clause that prohibited companies from using pretax money to reimburse employees for insurance that they bought on their own. The Cures Act revived that arrangement, giving it a legal green light for companies with fewer than 50 employees.

“We have an insurance policy that would cover maternity and substance abuse treatment for my 11-year-old daughter but doesn’t cover my wife’s M.S. drugs,” Mr. Hudak said. “That’s insane.”

Tav Gauss, 61, the founder of a staffing agency in Wilson, N.C., hopes that having Republicans in control of the federal government’s executive and legislative branches will at least reduce the regulatory complexity of complying with health care mandates. He estimated that his company, which has 20 internal employees and 1,500 field workers, had spent around $80,000 on the paperwork and compliance systems that the Affordable Care Act requires.
More Than Obamacare Repeal, Small Businesses Want Congress to Rein In Costs

So with these 3 anecdotal stories about Obamacare I am documenting small businesses issues.
I've not addressed your specific illustration though that 40% of the companies in NY were not able to get group health insurance coverage THROUGH YOUR company!

Last edited:

Case in point.

Hopeful Hearts

Hey asshole, normal people learn vicariously. Assholes ignore reality.

Hey asshole, people that say someone they claim to care about should get something should be the ones to provide it. You claim to care yet want to go about funding things by getting the government to force someone else to pay for it.

Forum List

Back