Jimmy Graham??? Dunno.. Just Tryin NFL Rewind.. Jimmy WHO ???

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
I put off diving into NFL Rewind for years. This season is different. I was curious what the big deal was with my Hawks getting Graham in a trade for Max Unger.

After watching a couple of New Orleans games I'm still wondering.

All the related media was boo-hooing about the loss of Graham from the Saints.. Vids of 7 year old girls on the verge of a suicide watch.

So I am on day 2 of the 7 day free trial and I'm gonna bust through all of last season to make my mind up about what Jimmy was REALLY about.

So far I'm NOT that impressed. They say he didn't block...nonsense! He blocked when the play went in his direction.

He DOESN'T catch every pass thrown his way. Matty Ice had other receivers he was far more in love with for one thing.

Frankly Ryan was on the run more than gets talked about and Graham was rarely his first choice on these accidental extended plays.

This watching last years Saints a couple of things jump out. 1.... The Saints defensive backfield is a joke. It is painful to watch such horrible DBs. The one thing they ALL do/don't do is look back at the opposing team's QBs. They almost NEVER know when the ball is going to arrive into their coverages.

Many times Graham seems lost when plays break down. He rarely finds open space for a QB to throw to. From what I saw Bennett was right. Graham is not as impressive as the bruhaha would suggest.

If he doesn't figure out how to make separation on extended plays he might not even make the team let alone be the big difference maker the Seattle media is trying desperately to paint him.

NFL Rewind is just OK. The controls go bye-bye when the screen is enlarged. In a technical sense it isn't really very sophisticated. In my case it is useful looking at Jimmy Graham's true performance as opposed to seeing the hype.

Jimmy and Wilson look happy as most of the Hawks key skill players head off to Hawaii for a "Player Organized" practice this week. This is Wilson's third such get together to stir up and jell some chemistry before the team OTAs this spring.

cst_ek2v0908.jpg

It seems the NFL and the Player's Association has pared back official team workouts going into any season. The NFL has no such restriction if the players of a team organize and fund their own private get together.

Something different this time the team gets together will be that many of the star Defensive players will be participating. Irvin, Sherman, Wagner are just a few of the Hawk's "D" enjoying a trip to Hawaii on Russell Wilson's dime.

150410-hawaii.jpg

There they are on the beach working on their tans.

Forum List

Back