Jimmy Garoppolo is the highest paid player in the NFL

True. They must have extreme confidance in him that he can be effective in a entire 16 game season to offer so much money for him like that.

Yeah before his arrival,the niners did not know the meaning of the word winning the last three or four years.

He is a pretty impressive quarterback,I got to watch him against the Rams in the final game of the season and saw him in a pre seasaon game with the pats once and he was impressive both time.

they obviously have confidance in him that he will continue to win for them as he did the last five games of the year when he came off the bench which is pretty cool actually if he indeed is going to turn the fortunes around for team as wilson did for the hawks and brady did for the pats. which is fine with me cause i would LOVE more than anything to see that california rivalry of the niners and rams back.:yes_text12::dance:

well it IS back with the Rams back in LA. As the announcers said last year,it,doesnt matter if it is a year where both teams are horrible as they were last year,the fans get into that particular game because of their history same as the bears and packers do.:) they sold out BOTH times last year and this year as well in both SF and LA.

But a rivalray is MAINLY called that because of two teams fighting it out neck and neck to win the division title which the niners and rams did of course so many times in the 70's and 80's.:) that looks to be right around the corner again.:banana:

oh and when Jimmy G turns the fortunes of this franchise around next year and they have winning season after winning season,I can pretty much count on all of you Belicheat apologists to say that Kyle Shannahan is the greatest coach in the NFL next to Belicheat since like Belicheat,a QB is going to come on and save his ass from the toilet and keep him from being a loser his whole life as he was destined to be before Brady saved his ass from being a complete failure in the NFL as he was on the road to being before he came along and saved it.
:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
:iyfyus.jpg:

people always forget that Belicheat his first year there when he had Bledsoe as his starter,they had a losing season. Well Shanahan had a losing season his first year in SF and now looks like he is going to have a bunch of winning seasons year after year as well which means of course i will hear from you that he is ALSO a great coach since a good QB came along and saved his ass from being a failure as belicheat was his whole life before Brady save it,:iyfyus.jpg:

its always amusing that everytime i bring up those pesky facts this is what you do-:scared1:

:iyfyus.jpg:

Do you think Bill Walsh was a bad coach because he had Montana?

Was Don Schula a bad coach for having Marino?

Was Mike Holmgren a bad coach for having Favre?

Was Tony Dungy a bad coach for winning his Super Bowl when he had Manning?

Or is only Belichick hurt by having a great QB?

apples and oranges.:haha:

the difference in all THOSE coachs is they were all successful in other places they went. where they coached another team Walsh and Shula being the exception.:haha: Walsh it was always well known wayyyyy before he had Montana,that he was an offensive genius so he clearly had a hand in the development of Montana.LOL Shula also coached and was great under Bob Griese before Marino.Shula was also known as an offesive genius as well.LOL he proved that by when he had Griese,their offensive game plan was mostly a running attack and passing was limited where when got Marino and saw that he had a lighting quick release unlike any other NFL quarterback to ever play the game plus had a strong accurate arm,since he was a good coach,he was willing to change his style and adapt it to the passing game with Marino having such a strong accurate arm.

People like Old Yeller get what i am saying but you like all Belicheat apologists,only see what you WANT to see as we both know.:itsok:

Like I said,I am quite looking forward next year to hearing you Belicheat apologists say Kyle Shannahan is one of the best coachs in the NFL when Jimmy turns the fortunes of your team around.:iyfyus.jpg:

Are you aware that in 1 of Belichick's years coaching the Browns, they went 11-5, went to the playoffs, and won their first playoff game? Are you also aware that since that time, the Browns have been to exactly 1 playoff game and have won exactly 0?

Of course Belichick has done better having one of the greatest QBs ever. What coach wouldn't? That doesn't mean the success the Patriots have had under Belichick isn't incredibly impressive. In his 18 years as coach, the Pats have won their division 15 times, been to the AFC Championship Game 12 times, and the Super Bowl 8 times. That is an unprecedented level of success, and it's been done in the salary cap era, while the league has looked for parity.

Oh, and have you forgotten that the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as the starter? Cassel has had a winning record as a starter (where he started more than 1 game) twice. His 10-5 record as the Pats starter is one of those 2 winning seasons.

When Brady was suspended for 4 games, the Pats went 3-1, using both Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett.

But it's all Brady, right?

Belichick is better with Brady. I don't doubt that at all. Brady is probably better with Belichick, as well. That doesn't mean either of them is not great.

Like clockwork,eveytime you are confronted with pesky facts you evade them not talking about the facts WHY Belicheat is not that good by posting irrelevent stuff that have noting to do with the facts,everytime you do both of these below when getting taken to school he isnt that good a coach.
:dig:
5d-tinfoil-hat-jpg.174950

for the hundreth time, the games are scripted.that is WHY they went 3-1 without Brady.

again ONE WINNING SEASON and a playoff win big wow.:dig:

one fluke winning season big wow.:haha:

and yes,I am very aware of how the cheats went 11-5 when wuss brady who could not take a mere hit the knee by a mere helmet went out for the year and cassel took over and went 11-5. But that just shows you have alzhemiers diseace because EVERYITME you mention that point,you always somehow forget this fact as well that cassel ALSO went 10-6 with the chiefs under Todd Haley so according to YOUR logic, I guess Todd Haley is a good

coach as well and that was not a fluke year for the chiefs and todd haley.:haha:

oh and its also comical you think brady is the best QB ever since i proved he is a huge wuss who cant even take a mere helmet to the knee hit missing an entire season as he did like the wuss he is and playing in an age where the defenders cant even touch the recievers anymore downfield and the QB plays with a skirt on since brady obviously whined like a baby to the NFL to have the rules changed after that.:rofl:

Brady is the best ever thats why he would not have lasted on season in the NFL back in the day when Bradshaw and Montana played where defenses could throw the quarterback around like a ragdoll and were allowed to blindside him long after he released the ball. I remember seeing a lot of the steelers games back then where bradshaw took some vicous hits like no other quarterback in the league has EVER had to endure as him and his fellow tough guy QB's back in that day and age had to endure CONSTANTLY. Brady would not even be able to take ONE of those vicous hits quarterbacks like Len Dawson,Johhny Unitas,Fran Tarkenton,Y A Title,Joe Namath.Bob Grise,Roman Gabriel,Joe Montana,John Brodie,ect,ect,ect had to endure CONSTANTLY ALL THE TIME. yet you think he is the greatest of all time?

comedy gold.He isnt even one of the top 20 of all time the fact he would easily have failed in that era being the wuss he was and been hospitalized after one game or never have had the passing yards or completions he has since back then defenses were allowed to play defense.:iyfyus.jpg:

I posted some facts. :cuckoo:

meanwhile-at-the-eagles-practice-facility-nfl-memes-their-new-30609648.png

pogo posted this over at that thread as well.Looks like the cheats since they could not illegally spy on a team as they did in their games against the rams,eagles,panthers and probably the giants as well but it still wasnt enough for them to win, when they could not spy on the eagles without them knowing,they could not win.:haha: they did not have to spy on their last two opponents they beat the seahawks and falcons because they KNEW the coachs of THOSE two teams would throw the game for them.:D

as i just got done saying,the falcons coach dan quinn used to be the defensive coordinater for the seahawks under pete the cheat carrol so since he got mentored under carrol,Quinn became corrupt being under his influence and learned from carrol,if you throw football games,you get ten times MORE rich than if you play if Fair and win.:D

This coach of the eagles was NOT under the influence of carrol so he is not corrupt and he played to win and was more interested in a superbowl RING,than the money,good for him looking past the money and not caving into greed.:up:

here again is what pogo posted which is another reason the cheats could not win this time.:up:

shannon sharp and skip bayless took you guys to school and OWNED your asses in this video that Belicheat is a fraud.:iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok:

Like shannon sharp and skip bayless said so well,if you have to cheat all the time,how can he be such a great coach? shannon sharp ansd skiop bayless words,not mine crybabies.:haha:

shannon sharp and skip baylesss words,that had he not had four losing seasons in five years at cleveland and a losing season his first year with the pats without brady,that he would never have resorted to all this cheating which you clowns cant accept makes him not that good a coach.comedy gold.:iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:
meanwhile-at-the-eagles-practice-facility-nfl-memes-their-new-30609648.png

Last edited:

the difference in all THOSE coachs is they were all successful in other places they went. where they coached another team Walsh and Shula being the exception.:haha: Walsh it was always well known wayyyyy before he had Montana,that he was an offensive genius so he clearly had a hand in the development of Montana.LOL Shula also coached and was great under Bob Griese before Marino.Shula was also known as an offesive genius as well.LOL he proved that by when he had Griese,their offensive game plan was mostly a running attack and passing was limited where when got Marino and saw that he had a lighting quick release unlike any other NFL quarterback to ever play the game plus had a strong accurate arm,since he was a good coach,he was willing to change his style and adapt it to the passing game with Marino having such a strong accurate arm.

People like Old Yeller get what i am saying but you like all Belicheat apologists,only see what you WANT to see as we both know.:itsok:

Like I said,I am quite looking forward next year to hearing you Belicheat apologists say Kyle Shannahan is one of the best coachs in the NFL when Jimmy turns the fortunes of your team around.:iyfyus.jpg:

Are you aware that in 1 of Belichick's years coaching the Browns, they went 11-5, went to the playoffs, and won their first playoff game? Are you also aware that since that time, the Browns have been to exactly 1 playoff game and have won exactly 0?

Of course Belichick has done better having one of the greatest QBs ever. What coach wouldn't? That doesn't mean the success the Patriots have had under Belichick isn't incredibly impressive. In his 18 years as coach, the Pats have won their division 15 times, been to the AFC Championship Game 12 times, and the Super Bowl 8 times. That is an unprecedented level of success, and it's been done in the salary cap era, while the league has looked for parity.

Oh, and have you forgotten that the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel as the starter? Cassel has had a winning record as a starter (where he started more than 1 game) twice. His 10-5 record as the Pats starter is one of those 2 winning seasons.

When Brady was suspended for 4 games, the Pats went 3-1, using both Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett.

Belichick is better with Brady. I don't doubt that at all. Brady is probably better with Belichick, as well. That doesn't mean either of them is not great.

Like clockwork,eveytime you are confronted with pesky facts you evade them not talking about the facts WHY Belicheat is not that good by posting irrelevent stuff that have noting to do with the facts,everytime you do both of these below when getting taken to school he isnt that good a coach.

for the hundreth time, the games are scripted.that is WHY they went 3-1 without Brady.

and yes,I am very aware of how the cheats went 11-5 when wuss brady who could not take a mere hit the knee by a mere helmet went out for the year and cassel took over and went 11-5. But that just shows you have alzhemiers diseace because EVERYITME you mention that point,you always somehow forget this fact as well that cassel ALSO went 10-6 with the chiefs under Todd Haley so according to YOUR logic, I guess Todd Haley is a good

coach as well and that was not a fluke year for the chiefs and todd haley.:haha:

oh and its also comical you think brady is the best QB ever since i proved he is a huge wuss who cant even take a mere helmet to the knee hit missing an entire season as he did like the wuss he is and playing in an age where the defenders cant even touch the recievers anymore downfield and the QB plays with a skirt on since brady obviously whined like a baby to the NFL to have the rules changed after that.:rofl:

Brady is the best ever thats why he would not have lasted on season in the NFL back in the day when Bradshaw and Montana played where defenses could throw the quarterback around like a ragdoll and were allowed to blindside him long after he released the ball. I remember seeing a lot of the steelers games back then where bradshaw took some vicous hits like no other quarterback in the league has EVER had to endure as him and his fellow tough guy QB's back in that day and age had to endure CONSTANTLY. Brady would not even be able to take ONE of those vicous hits quarterbacks like Len Dawson,Johhny Unitas,Fran Tarkenton,Y A Title,Joe Namath.Bob Grise,Roman Gabriel,Joe Montana,John Brodie,ect,ect,ect had to endure CONSTANTLY ALL THE TIME. yet you think he is the greatest of all time?

comedy gold.He isnt even one of the top 20 of all time the fact he would easily have failed in that era being the wuss he was and been hospitalized after one game or never have had the passing yards or completions he has since back then defenses were allowed to play defense.:iyfyus.jpg:

which were ALL irrelevent to the facts i posted and did not refute them that he is not that good a coach.
:iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:

again i think shannon sharp and skip bayless have just a litttttttttttttlllleeeee bit more credibility than you,pooper and WRONGwinger do. when they are saying the same thing here taking you to school that YOUR facts dont mean nothing,mine DO.:iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:

Deal with it,shannon sharp and skip bayless OWNED you here,.here is your crying towel.:iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:

they are saying the EXACT same things i been saying that you always evade.dont take it too hard that i owned you,feel good you got owned by professsionls who know ten times more than any of us shannon sharp and skip bayless do,that should held you to deal with being checkmated by me that they are cheating frauds that are not that good and who have created the biggest scandal in sports history since the black sox,:itsok::itsok: that he is not that good.:iyfyus.jpg:

WORSE than the black sox since they have been involved in MULTIPLE scandals proving they are frauds:haha:

when you got a former center of the team that played on three superbowls saying brady is cheater,thats pretty bad.:iyfyus.jpg::haha:

Poor baby, getting called out for your lies. I know it is all set up, scripted and the players are irrelevant, unless it is a game that went your way, then it is all skill! Lol! You are a fraud and an idiot. Enjoy your stupid.

which were ALL irrelevent to the facts i posted and did not refute them that he is not that good a coach.
:iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:

again i think shannon sharp and skip bayless have just a litttttttttttttlllleeeee bit more credibility than you,pooper and WRONGwinger do. when they are saying the same thing here taking you to school that YOUR facts dont mean nothing,mine DO.:iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:

Deal with it,shannon sharp and skip bayless OWNED you here,.here is your crying towel.:iyfyus.jpg::itsok::itsok:

they are saying the EXACT same things i been saying that you always evade.dont take it too hard that i owned you,feel good you got owned by professsionls who know ten times more than any of us shannon sharp and skip bayless do,that should held you to deal with being checkmated by me that they are cheating frauds that are not that good and who have created the biggest scandal in sports history since the black sox,:itsok::itsok: that he is not that good.:iyfyus.jpg:

WORSE than the black sox since they have been involved in MULTIPLE scandals proving they are frauds:haha:

when you got a former center of the team that played on three superbowls saying brady is cheater,thats pretty bad.:iyfyus.jpg::haha:

The Patriots record when Brady has been out is not relevant to whether Belichick is a good coach or is being carried by Brady? The Browns record under Belichick is not relevant to whether or not Belichick is a good coach? WTF?

You might want to take a look at how you define relevance.

Bradshaw and Montana played in different football eras.

Yes, quarterbacks had fewer rules protecting them when both of those players were playing. I never said otherwise.

You think a torn ACL and MCL makes someone a wuss? Do you think Montana or Bradshaw would just shrug those tears off and keep playing, and playing at a high level? That makes you an idiot. Also, when Brady went down with that injury, he had the third longest streak of QB starts in NFL history. What a wuss, starting more games in a row than all but 2 players (at that point)!

Do you want to appeal to authority? OK. How about I go find 10, 15, 20 professional sports analysts and current or former players who think Brady is the greatest QB of all time, would you then decide that he is? After all, they would have more credibility than you. ;)

Here's Jim Brown, possibly the greatest running back of all time, saying Belichick and Brady are the best ever: Hall of Famer Jim Brown calls Bill Belichick, Tom Brady the best ever

Here are multiple analysts/former players saying Brady is the best QB ever, or even the best player ever: Is Tom Brady the greatest NFL player of all time -- regardless of position?

Here's a list of coaches and execs that ranked Brady as the best QB since 78: The GOAT Index: NFL coaches, execs rank modern-era QBs

Here's Shannon Sharpe, who you brought up as having such credibility, calling Brady not only the greatest QB, but the greatest player in league history: Shannon Sharpe: Tom Brady proved he's the greatest football player to ever live

Do I need to go on? Even your own sources consider Brady the GOAT.

In 2013, an ESPN panel, which had multiple former NFL coaches on it, voted Belichick the 7th greatest coach ever: Countdown - No. 7: Bill Belichick Greatest Coaches In NFL History

Former player Heath Evans calls Belichick the best coach ever here: Best coach in NFL history? Bill Belichick has some stiff competition

I get that you don't consider Belichick a great coach, or Brady a great QB. That's your opinion, fine. However, I haven't evaded anything, and your appeals to authority have failed you miserably. :p

We need a new great coach and QB, Bellichick and Brady get on my nerves. I think it is time for Gruden and Carr to step up and become the foundation for the next great dynasty.

He's got a lot of history to buck. No coach has ever chased a 2nd ring with a different team and got one. And the history of coaches coming back to a team they coached before is absolutely horrible. Gibbs in Wash, Art Shell in Oakland before. Marchiabroda, Bud Grant, Chuck Knox...

Always failed pretty big.

As for Belichick or Brady, well I think its both. Neither has looked good in the NFL without the other. Belichick has 1 post-season in 7 seasons without Brady. Rex Ryan has been a more successful coach when coaching teams not led by Brady than Belichick and Bill was on his way to getting fired again before starting brady. He's not .500 anywhere without Brady.

That said, Brady threw a whopping 1 TD the entire post-season of that first SB run. What Brady did was give Belichick consistency at QB that let him get buy in on his way of doing things and allowed him to establish himself.

Same with Joe Montana and Walsh. Another coach probably about to be fired before he went with Joe. And that's what allowed him to prove his WCO was that much better and implement his travel changes, practice changes, etc that changed the face of the NFL.

As for Jimmy G's deal, great great timing (same for Cousins soon).

That's usually what the highest paid is about. Eli not being the greatest QB but coming off a SB win when his deal hits. Stafford at the right year etc.

Here we have the vision of how NOT to keep a QB with the franchise tag in Washington (imagine if they had agreed to offer him that 5 year 40 mil deal 3 years ago that Snyder shot down?????).

And a QB for a franchise that HAS to get some great QB play and him turning it around... everything is coming together and that will make him the highest paid for a few weeks. Until Cousins, Rodgers, Ryan, and maybe Brees get paid this off-season.

Cousins is the true perfect storm. That could be scary and more out of the world than Jimmy's deal. He is probably going to be a true FA franchise QB type in his prime years, and uninjured. I can't think of seeing that before. Either you had guys you could hold the franchise tag over their heads or you were extending a current deal, or old guys becoming FA's (Favre) or injured (Brees) or some combination (Montana, Manning, etc).

This time could be one of those deals for Cousins that not even the highest guesser guesses high enough.

Forum List

Back