Jimmy Clausen arrived in South Bend in stretch limo

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
departed with a sub 500 W/L record Just got the starting QB job with the Panthers

Good riddence to the smuck

No John Huarte, Hanratty, Joe Theismann, Tom Clements, Joe Montana, Tony Rice, Kevin McDougall etc

Huh?

Moore is obviously not ready, or just incapable playing with the Panthers.. We need a QB, if not, well, no playoffs for awhile..

I left out Steve Beurlein.

A much more successfull QB at ND than Clausen.

Theismann deserved the Heisman Trophy in 1970.

Rifle arm - and accurate. Nd career rushing leader for a QB until Tony Rice.

Passed for 526 yards against USC.

In the Pro Bowl -was the MVP in a NFC win of 52-3 in 1984.

departed with a sub 500 W/L record Just got the starting QB job with the Panthers

Good riddence to the smuck

No John Huarte, Hanratty, Joe Theismann, Tom Clements, Joe Montana, Tony Rice, Kevin McDougall etc
Maybe if Clausen actually had a decent team around him, and a capable coach, he would have met your approval in the end.

Clausen is a local boy. Watched him play many games in high school. He's got all the tools necessary. Unfortunately, at Notre Dame, The team and coach sucked, BADLY!

GO TROJANS!

Theismann in his first start in 1968 against #1 USC and OJ Simpson steals the show.

After getting down 0-7 - leads theIrish on 3 long drives to go ahead 21-7.

Game ended up 21-21.

If Theismann doesnt get some passes dropped in the1970 USC final game of season loss - goes over 600 passing yards.

The next game ND whupped Texas 24-11 in the Cotten Bowl.

No question Joe deserved the Heisman.

The winner Jim Plunkett had 3 losses incl to San Jose st

Last edited:
plunkett was a big deal at stanford. i think he just outstatted theismann. i dunno. i wasn't invented yet.

Whatever. An awesome talent.

Joe T probably makes the NFL HOF if not for career-ending injury in 1985.

New Topics

Forum List

Back