Jimmy Carter?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
A little help here from my conservative friends?

I have a buddy of mine who swears up and down Jimmy Carter was a "good man" and "the only honest president we've ever had" and "Jimmy Carter is a Christian"...

Anyone have links off-hand that show just what a nut-case Carter was/is?

I miss Merlin1047.

He once posted a lucid, damning essay about why he felt carter was the worst president. I wish somebody could find it, because it was stellar writing and backed up heavily with facts and details.

Kathianne said:

A very good thread.

I think Carter is a prime example why every election matters. Only four years from Carter and we are still trying to clean up his mistakes 25 years later.

If that was all he had done, i think that we can handle that. But the fact that he helped broker a deal during the Clinton administration to give North Korea nuclear material is just unexcusable.

Sad thing is, I think that is what he won the Peace Prize for. What a total joke.

Carter has been directly or indirectly respondisble for problems we've faced with each members of the Axis of Evil. The Iran problem is obvious, I just mentioned the North Korean problem. But it was Carter's inaction with the Iran problem that gave Saddam the opportunity to rise to power in Iraq.

So it looks like we are only about a third of the way in correcting Carter's blunders. All of which have jeapardized the saftey of the world. I still cant believe that idiot got a peace prize when the world is so clearly unsafe because of him.

-Cp said:

I have a buddy of mine who swears up and down Jimmy Carter was a "good man"

He is a good man.

Good man does not equal good president.

Max Power said:
He is a good man.

I do NOT think he's a good man. I did when I first heard about Habitat for Humanity, but he has proven to be a front man on that. Not only was he a bad, perhaps the worst president, but he's certainly in the running for worst ex-president ever.

Kathianne said:
I do NOT think he's a good man. I did when I first heard about Habitat for Humanity, but he has proven to be a front man on that. Not only was he a bad, perhaps the worst president, but he's certainly in the running for worst ex-president ever.

I respect him for his work with Habitat for Humanity. Compare that to Clinton who's making millions for his book.

Why do you say he's in the running for worst ex-president?

Max Power said:
I respect him for his work with Habitat for Humanity. Compare that to Clinton who's making millions for his book.

Why do you say he's in the running for worst ex-president?
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895260905/102-4132662-8824146?v=glance[/ame]

Check it out.

From the Inside Flap
Jimmy Carter: America's best ex-president? Only if you're not bothered by the resurgence of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism (which started on his watch), the shamefaced foreign policy of Bill Clinton and John Kerry (ditto), and think that ex-presidents should travel the world coddling dictators and bad-mouthing America à la Jesse Jackson. Jimmy Carter has been given a free ride from the liberal media, liberal historians, and even the American people, who excuse his political delinquencies and disasters on the grounds that he is a "good" man. But as bank robber Willie Sutton said of Carter: "I've never seen a bigger confidence man in my life, and I've been around some of the best in the business." It's time to set the record straight. Finally, an honest historian-Steven F. Hayward, author of The Age of Reagan-demolishes the myth of "Saint" Jimmy and exposes how he created today's leftist Democratic party of John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. Jimmy Carter's laundry list of failures aren't just accidents of history: They're rooted in Carter's deeply flawed character and ideology-a smugly pious arrogance matched with a profound distrust of America. The Real Jimmy Carter reveals: • Carter as meddling ex-president: Why a Time magazine columnist wrote that some of Carter's "Lone Ranger work has taken him dangerously close to the neighborhood of what we used to call treason" • How Carter befriended North Korea during the Clinton administration, appeasing the communist regime and giving it cover for its nuclear weapons program • How Carter made direct contacts with Soviet officials to try to subvert President Reagan's anti-communist policies • The shocking extent of Carter's clandestine efforts to sabotage the first Gulf War in 1990 and how he used Gulf War II to publicly question the Christian faith of America's commander in chief • How Carter befriended Yasir Arafat-making himself an enemy of Israel • Carter as politician: a vicious campaigner-and even race-baiter • The Carter White House during the disasters of the Sandinista takeover of Nicaragua, the energy crisis and stagflation, the Iranian revolution and hostage crisis, and the invasion of Afghanistan • How Carter, the failed president, remade himself as Carter the humanitarian and freelance foreign policy critic of America • How a Nobel official inadvertently revealed that Carter's Nobel Prize was actually meant as a slap at America The Real Jimmy Carter is a shocker, showing why the peanut president should never have left his farm.

Kathianne said:

A very good thread.

I think Carter is a prime example why every election matters. Only four years from Carter and we are still trying to clean up his mistakes 25 years later.

If that was all he had done, i think that we can handle that. But the fact that he helped broker a deal during the Clinton administration to give North Korea nuclear material is just unexcusable.

Sad thing is, I think that is what he won the Peace Prize for. What a total joke.

Carter has been directly or indirectly respondisble for problems we've faced with each members of the Axis of Evil. The Iran problem is obvious, I just mentioned the North Korean problem. But it was Carter's inaction with the Iran problem that gave Saddam the opportunity to rise to power in Iraq.

So it looks like we are only about a third of the way in correcting Carter's blunders. All of which have jeapardized the saftey of the world. I still cant believe that idiot got a peace prize when the world is so clearly unsafe because of him.

.....And, you're STILL wrong.....as usual....... :eusa_whistle:

"But not so happy for her father, who now admits he alienated too many members of Congress, whom he described as "a bunch of juvenile delinquents."

He tells about some Democrats who approached him with a quid pro quo: We'll vote for your bill if you'll appoint our choice for U.S. Attorney.

"And here's what you write: 'I told them in a nice way, to go to hell,'" Stahl read. "Look at you! Almost deliberately antagonizing them."

"There were times when a Congress member would try to blackmail me, or when a Congress member would make a demand that I thought was inappropriate," Carter explained.

"And they would say it's the normal give and take of getting legislation done. But you considered it blackmail," Stahl remarked.

"In a few occasions, yes," Carter replied.

Carter argues that despite the image of failure, he actually had a long list of successes, starting with bringing all the hostages alive.

He normalized relations with China; brokered a peace treaty between Israel and Egypt, deregulated railroads, trucking, airlines and telephones; and his energy conservation programs resulted in a 50 percent cut in imported oil, down to just 4.3 million barrels a day.

"Unfortunately, now we're probably importing 12 million barrels a day, since part of my energy policies were abandoned," Carter told Stahl.

"Well, and you built solar panels on the roof of the White House," Stahl remarked.

"That's right, which were ostentatiously removed as soon as Ronald Reagan became president," Carter replied, laughing. "He wanted to show that America was a great nation. So great that we didn't have to limit the enjoyment of life."

"And the public seemed to like that better than they liked your message, which was 'We have to be limiting," Stahl said.

"That's right," Carter agreed. "America responded to that quite well."

But when all is said and done, and many will be surprised to hear this: Jimmy Carter got more of his programs passed than Reagan, Nixon, Ford, George H. W. Bush, Clinton or George W. Bush.

"I had the best batting average in Congress in recent history of any president, except Lyndon Johnson," Carter said.

"And yet, as I say, there's the sense that you were a failed president," Stahl said.

"I think I was identified as a failed president because I wasn't re-elected," he replied.

The lesson: getting a lot of legislation passed, even when it's significant, is not enough."

Stupid Americans.......

:rolleyes:

Max Power said:
He is a good man.

"... but he's certainly in the running for worst ex-president ever."

I have to disagree. I used to consider him the worst ex-president ever but that was before Obama came along. Now I consider him the second worst ex-president. Obama beat him out of the title of being the worst ex-president we ever had by a mile.

I used to think Carter while in way over his head, was a well intentioned man. Now, not so much. He seems to get more bitter and more anti-semitical as the years go by.

Considering the board's recent obsession with Christine O'Donnell, this is as good a place as any to post "The Christine O’Donnell/Jimmy Carter Quiz":

Who said each of the following quotes: Christine O’Donnell, or Jimmy Carter?

1. “To my amazement, I was besieged with questions about my sex life. At first I thought this was just a passing joke, but I was wrong. It became the dominant news story of my candidacy, and my popularity dropped precipitously. Any attempt to explain the Christian theology behind my answer only served to keep the issue alive.”

2. “I have an absolute, total commitment as a human being, as an American, as a religious person to Israel … Israel is the fulfillment of biblical prophecy.”

3. “Feeling a bit presumptuous, I wrote to [an evolutionary scientist] diasagreeing with this premise and asserting that there were factors other than pure happenstance that influenced the course of evolution.”

4. “Because I’m just human and I’m tempted and Christ set some almost impossible standards for us. The Bible says, ‘Thou shalt not commit adultery.’ Christ said, ‘I tell you that anyone who looks on a woman with lust has in his heart already committed adultery.’ I’ve looked on a lot of women with lust. I’ve committed adultery in my heart many times…. This is something that God recognizes, that I will do and have done, and God forgives me for it. But that doesn’t mean that I condemn someone who not only looks on a woman with lust but who leaves his wife and shacks up with somebody out of wedlock. Christ says, don’t consider yourself better than someone else because one guy screws a whole bunch of women while the other guy is loyal to his wife. The guy who’s loyal to his wife ought not to be condescending or proud because of the relative degree of sinfulness.”

5. “This set of principles, rooted in my Christian faith, has both shaped me and been shaped by my personal experiences, and it remains to this day a central element of my identity.”

6. (Quote from someone commenting about the candidate running for office) “It is not presumptuous to say, as there is enough evidence already, that a vast number of [O'Donnell or Carter] supporters consist of aggressive evangelicals whose main goal is to ‘Christianize’ our country; that is to say, to convert Americans to a particular brand of religious obscurantism. Needless to say, most, or many [O'Donnell/Carter]-fundamentalists despise complete intellectual and religious liberty.”

7. “Being born again is a new life, not of perfection but of striving, stretching, and searching — a life of intimacy with God through the Holy Spirit.”

8. “But if we aspire to grow as human beings, we should struggle to close the gap by making our inner selves truer reflections of our own highest values, which, for me, grow from my Christian faith.”

9. “…There are basic principles that, for me, have never changed. For a Christian, the life and teachings of Jesus offer a sound moral foundation that includes all the most basic elements that should guide us.”

10. “Yes, I have my personal beliefs, and these questions come from statements I made over fifteen years ago. I was in my twenties, and very excited and passionate about my new-found faith. But I assure you my faith has matured, and when I go to Washington, D.C., it’ll be the Constitution on which I base all of my decisions, not my personal beliefs.”

Zombie Take the Christine O’Donnell/Jimmy Carter Quiz!

If Reagan was the greatest president that ever was. Then Carter was the second greatest.

It is all relative folks.

Jimmeh.jpg

I have a buddy of mine who swears up and down Jimmy Carter was a "good man" and "the only honest president we've ever had" and "Jimmy Carter is a Christian"...

Anyone have links off-hand that show just what a nut-case Carter was/is?
I'm sure Carter is a good man. He's a Military vet and leader of that group that builds homes for poor people, I can't remember the name of it and I don't feel like looking it up.

Unfortunately just being vet as well as a "good" and "a nice person" doesn't guarantee a successful Presidency.

The 1976 Presidential campaign is the first one I have any real memories of. I remember watching Nixons inauguration on tv in 1972 but that's all. As a nation we were so happy to get rid of Ford and put the Nixon years behind us and have Jimmy Carter as our new President (sound familiar?)

Then in 1980 we were happy again, to get rid of wimpy Jimmy Carter. The failed rescue of the Iranian Embassy hostages and the fact that it dragged on for 444 days really sunk his Presidency.

It's lookin' like like history will repeat itself.

It's lookin' like like history will repeat itself.
//

Which republican presidential hopeful will make an under the table deal with the Iranians this time?

Carter was a good man with strong Christian values. It did not make for a very good president. Carter was very timid about using his presidential powers and forcing his influence as Commander in Chief of the strongest military in the world.

He did manage to forge the only lasting peace agreement in the middle east between Egypt and Israel.

Since leaving office, he has been one of the most influential ex-Presidents in history both at home and internationally. It brought him a Nobel prize

Actaully the fact that he was not George W Bush got him the Nobel Prize. Al Gore and Barack Obama are also not George W Bush, accounting for their prizes.

Forum List

Back