Jimmy Carter Speaks Out for the Dems

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
What a national disgrace Carter is. Nothing could blacken America's reputation more than this endless pontificating from an ex-Pres. to the foreign press. One of the greatest mistakes ever made by this country was sending that buffoon to the White House.

Carter: Sympathy for The Devil
By David Limbaugh
August 17, 2006

Want to know where the Democratic Party stands and where America would be under their leadership? Just ask Jimmy Carter.

http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2006/08/carter_sympathy.html#more

President Peanut is a great example of the modern Democrat party.

Only with the Dems, can someone be a total failure and be elevated to hero status.

I lived thru his four years as President.

Double digit unemployment, double digit inflation, and double digit interest rates.

Morgage rates near 20%

Amercian hostages held for 444 days in Iran. His answer to the hostage crisis? A bungled rescue attempt where the bodies of our troops were left in the desert.

Gas prices doubled and gas lines. Carter's answer to the energy problem? He wears a sweater and tells America to turn down the thermostat.

What a national disgrace Carter is. Nothing could blacken America's reputation more than this endless pontificating from an ex-Pres. to the foreign press. One of the greatest mistakes ever made by this country was sending that buffoon to the White House.

Carter: Sympathy for The Devil
By David Limbaugh
August 17, 2006

Want to know where the Democratic Party stands and where America would be under their leadership? Just ask Jimmy Carter.

http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2006/08/carter_sympathy.html#more

Carter is a perfect wake-up call for Americans, just as Clinton was. In both cases, the only two Dem's to hold the Presidency since 1968 were elected by the disgruntled moderate vote not happy with the status quo. And in both cases, look what we got .... worse than what we had.

At the rate we're going, it'll happen again.

Carter is a perfect wake-up call for Americans, just as Clinton was. In both cases, the only two Dem's to hold the Presidency since 1968 were elected by the disgruntled moderate vote not happy with the status quo. And in both cases, look what we got .... worse than what we had.

At the rate we're going, it'll happen again.

There's a lesson here for the GOP too!

I do not think it applies to Republicans.

I ask all Republicans who are not happy with the current makeup in Congress the following:

Do you want Nancy Perosi to be third in line for president?

Do you want John Conyers to be able to start impeachment proceedings?

Do you want Charlie Rangel to head up the Ways and Means Committee?

Do you want Sen Kennedy to decide which Judges get confirmed?

Do you want Sen Reid as Majority leader and setting foreign policy?

If so, stay home and not vote

Oh, ITA. I doubt they'll learn it. It cost them the election in 92 when disgruntled Republicans voted for Perot.

What I don't get is the shortsightedness. The mentality of I'm mad at you so I either won't vote, or I'll vote for the other guy, without any thought being given to the long-term consequence of that action.

IMO, the true moderate vote ("true" as opposed to those who claim to be moderate; which, is just about every lib) is the swing vote. They determine the outcome. Unfortunately, they are teh ones who suffer most from the aforementioned shortsightedness.

Having read Mr. Limbaugh's piece, I find nothing more than a diatribe against a man who beleives in the values this nation was founded upon, namely, the rule of law and the America's heritage of not engaging in needless wars of aggression. Mr. Limbaugh's essay had the tone of an embittered man who feels that life has somehow cheated him of his rightful place.

I would suggest you actually read Mr. Carter's book "<i>Our Endangered Values</i>" before you summarily pass judgement on it. You might actually learn something useful.

The only thing Carter knows how to do is grow peanuts. Other then that, he is a total failure.

His four years were so bad, the Misery Index was created to show how bad the US economy was doing.

Not to mention his total failure to confront terrorists.

Having read Mr. Limbaugh's piece, I find nothing more than a diatribe against a man who beleives in the values this nation was founded upon, namely, the rule of law and the America's heritage of not engaging in needless wars of aggression. Mr. Limbaugh's essay had the tone of an embittered man who feels that life has somehow cheated him of his rightful place.

I would suggest you actually read Mr. Carter's book "<i>Our Endangered Values</i>" before you summarily pass judgement on it. You might actually learn something useful.

A telling response .... attack the author.

I'll pass on the book. I already suffered through his Presidency. More than any other former President, Carter has actively interfered in international politics and criticized the standing President.

Your boy is THE one that took the Dem party to the extreme left. He's an unrealistic, tree-hugging leftwingnut kook.

Libs rant how bad the economy is today. What would they about Carter's economy?

The Prime rate in November of 1980 (when he was thrown out of office) was 17.00%

When he Carter office is was 7.00%

The inflation rate when Carter left office was 14.73%

The inflation rate when Carter took office was 4.88%

Is that all you could come up with after reading that article, Bully? You conveniently overlooked a lot.

How about Carter stating that our country’s policy of not going to war unless our own security was directly threatened was replaced by Bush with a preemptive war policy? As if there was no reason in the world to do that!Carter must not have been in the U.S. on 9/11/01 when we were attacked by the Islamofacists, which attack resulted in millions of dollars worth of property damage and loss of jobs, killed almost 3,000 innocent citizens, and had a far-reaching effect on the airline industry. If that was not a direct threat to our country, please let me know what you and Mr. Carter classify as a direct threat. There have been several more threats since 9/11/01 but, luckily for us and Mr. Carter, the Bush Administration has been working 24/7/365 to see that they do not succeed.

Also Carter said we permitted torture of prisoners at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib. Well, I would like some concrete examples of that. What I've read about has more nearly resembled frat house initiation procedures than torture. Wonder if Carter has read any of the recent accounts of how guards at Guantanamo are treated by the prisoners? I guess he wouldn’t have anything to say about that because it wouldn’t fit into his anti-war agenda.

As far as your statement that David Limbaugh was an embittered man who felt that he had been cheated out of his rightful place, didn't you mean Jimmy Carter? That's such a fitting description of Mr. Carter that somehow I think you got the names mixed up. If you're looking for embittered men who feel they have been/are being cheated out of their rightful places, go check out the far-left wing of the Democrat party.

Carter never got over the ass kicking Ronald Reagan gave him in 1980

Reagan humilated the peanut farmer by carrying 44 states to his six

How about Carter stating that our country’s policy of not going to war unless our own security was directly threatened was replaced by Bush with a preemptive war policy? As if there was no reason in the world to do that!Carter must not have been in the U.S. on 9/11/01 when we were attacked by the Islamofacists, which attack resulted in millions of dollars worth of property damage and loss of jobs, killed almost 3,000 innocent citizens, and had a far-reaching effect on the airline industry. If that was not a direct threat to our country, please let me know what you and Mr. Carter classify as a direct threat. There have been several more threats since 9/11/01 but, luckily for us and Mr. Carter, the Bush Administration has been working 24/7/365 to see that they do not succeed.

Iraq was not involved with 9/11, nor have any substantial links to AlQaeda ever been demonstrated.

Also Carter said we permitted torture of prisoners at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib. Well, I would like some concrete examples of that. What I've read about has more nearly resembled frat house initiation procedures than torture. Wonder if Carter has read any of the recent accounts of how guards at Guantanamo are treated by the prisoners? I guess he wouldn’t have anything to say about that because it wouldn’t fit into his anti-war agenda.

"Frat house initiations..."? You've been listening to that drug addled gas-bag, Rush Limbaugh, too much. For concrete examples, I suggest you visist the website of the <a href=http://www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/iwpList322/7EE8626890D74F76C1256E8D005D3861>International Committee of the Red Cross</a>. They have a very detailed accounting of these issues

As far as your statement that David Limbaugh was an embittered man who felt that he had been cheated out of his rightful place, didn't you mean Jimmy Carter? That's such a fitting description of Mr. Carter that somehow I think you got the names mixed up. If you're looking for embittered men who feel they have been/are being cheated out of their rightful places, go check out the far-left wing of the Democrat party.

Jimmy Carter is a man at peace with himself. He walks the path of his faith rather than just emptily mouthing its tenets as so so many on the right, Chimpy McPresident included, do.

Iraq was not involved with 9/11, nor have any substantial links to AlQaeda ever been demonstrated.

"Frat house initiations..."? You've been listening to that drug addled gas-bag, Rush Limbaugh, too much. For concrete examples, I suggest you visist the website of the <a href=http://www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/iwpList322/7EE8626890D74F76C1256E8D005D3861>International Committee of the Red Cross</a>. They have a very detailed accounting of these issues

Jimmy Carter is a man at peace with himself. He walks the path of his faith rather than just emptily mouthing its tenets as so so many on the right, Chimpy McPresident included, do.

It matters little that Carter is at peace with himself or even "walks the path of his faith" when his ideology completely blocks his view of reality. As a politician, he has been an embarrassment to himself and this Nation, and serves only as a lightning rod for extreme leftwingnuts. But then, that last explains why YOU like him.

Truly, I think JC may be the worst president ever. That is saying alot, as he had time to study the records of all before him.

It matters little that Carter is at peace with himself or even "walks the path of his faith" when his ideology completely blocks his view of reality. As a politician, he has been an embarrassment to himself and this Nation, and serves only as a lightning rod for extreme leftwingnuts. But then, that last explains why YOU like him.

From what I have seen, he has a firmer grasp on reality than our current POTUS. And I voted for Reagan.

Truly, I think JC may be the worst president ever. That is saying alot, as he had time to study the records of all before him.

Ahhh...Dear Lady, I can say, with a reasonable degree of certainty, that an objective assessment of history will reveal Chimpy McPresident to be the worst ever inflicted upon this nation. If you were only to take off your ideological blinkers, you would see the same thing.

The Red Cross was never at Abu Ghraib before or during any interrogations that took place there, they were there however after the fact which leads many to discredit their findings as hearsay.

No "torture" took place at Ghraib, just soldiers doing a good job humiliating scumbags.

Ahhh...Dear Lady, I can say, with a reasonable degree of certainty, that an objective assessment of history will reveal Chimpy McPresident to be the worst ever inflicted upon this nation. If you were only to take off your ideological blinkers, you would see the same thing.

Bully even hardcore Demos here in Montgomery County, MD....a highly Demo county acknowledge that Bush will go down as a hero when its all said and done because he at least had the balls to do something unlike every other pres in the last 20 years. Kind of like Golda Meir whom I have a newfound respect for after watching Munich last night, she said damn public and world opinion i'm sending the Mossad after these assholes to kill them. Bush is doing these same things........and despite what you say out loud, you know that links to Iraq and Al Qaeda and international terrorism have been well established

Libs rant how bad the economy is today. What would they about Carter's economy?

The Prime rate in November of 1980 (when he was thrown out of office) was 17.00%

When he Carter office is was 7.00%

The inflation rate when Carter left office was 14.73%

The inflation rate when Carter took office was 4.88%

You really ought to be careful throwing around all those innaccurate numbers about Carter. The inflation rate was only 14.72%, obviously your SCARE tactics are typical of right wing propaganda.

Forum List

Back