Jimmy Carter Says He Would Have Defeated Reagan Had He Been More 'manly'

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
"
Former President Jimmy Carter claimed Wednesday that he would have been reelected and beaten Ronald Reagan in 1980 if had been more “manly” in his dealings with Iran.

Interviewed by the show CNBC Meets, Carter repeated his belief that the failed mission to free American hostages held in Tehran killed his chances, but then added that had he gone to war, America would have rewarded him with a second term in 1980.

“I could've been re-elected if I'd taken military action against Iran, shown that I was strong and resolute and, um, manly and so forth,”

Jimmy Carter says he would have defeated Reagan had he been more manly WashingtonExaminer.com

I'm thinking no Jimmy.

What a load of horseshit.

Reagan won by a landslide. Hell my dog could have probably beaten Carter.

He was probably the worst President in our history.

He should go back to his peanut farm and hide.

I am totally ashamed that carter served in my USN. But he was a bubble head nuke, so that explains a lot.

Cons are still stuck on the 70's... :eusa_snooty:
That's why we're responding to remarks Carter made this week?

It's just a pitiful attempt to rewrite history. The first in a long line.
When Obama leaves office the mantra will be, He could have been our greatest president if Republicans hadnt been out to get him. It's a total lie.

I kinda agree with Carter. Had he not worn cardigan sweaters, been afraid of attacking rabbits, and not delivered his defeatist malaise speech he might have been able to beat Reagan in marbles. But since he has now lost his marbles he can't play any more.

It's just a pitiful attempt to rewrite history. The first in a long line.
When Obama leaves office the mantra will be, He could have been our greatest president if Republicans hadnt been out to get him. It's a total lie.

This is 34 years after Carter left office. I bet in 2042 I won't be getting my panties in a bunch about anything that Dubya has to say.

Carter is the same guy who told a law school graduating class that the "US electoral system is inherently dishonest". He is worse than incompetent. He is a raving A-hole.

He did beat Ronnie (Blessed Be His Name) Ray-Gun in the ways that count.

Ronnie was a crook, hated the middle class, owned by the 1%.
reagan_years_zps49a56ca0.png

OTOH, Carter kept us out of war and

1978658_754592521229282_8600486658723905159_n_zpsa7107672.jpg

Forum List

Back