Jimmy Carter endorses Romney for nominee

Carter likes Romney? You righties have chosen such a moderate to carry your banner that even Jimmy Carter sorta likes him!

Carter: I Would Be

And the problem with a candidate that is seen as moderate and therefore able to work with both sides of the aisle is exactly what?

It's not a problem to me, but to you?

Not in the least. You will see many posts of mine in the past saying that I am against any candidate that is too far right just as I am against any candidate that is too far left.

My philisophy reagrding conservatism....

As a conservative, I follow one primary tenet....I will live my life as I wish while staying within the law. It is not my place to tell you how to live your life.

That being said, to have an ultra conservative in the WH telling non conservatives that they must live their lives as a conservative is...well...against the basic conervative values of "live your life as you wish"

Thus why a far right or a far left in the WH concerns me.

Likewise....a super majority...EITHER WAY....is bad for AMerica.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who mounted a competitive presidential bid in 2008, advised Romney to be gracious while keeping his distance.

"The smart thing Romney needs to do is come out and say I'm glad he's endorsing me. I'll happily get support from anywhere but I don't endorse Jimmy Carter or the views he has regarding Israel and Palestine,” said Huckabee, who hosts a Fox News show every Saturday.

Read more: Carter: I Would Be

Exactly.

The last President that had to deal with this sort of rancor from Republicans..was Lincoln. Clinton got a little support before they impeached him over nothing.

Yeah... Democrats in the Senate would never ever table every job generating bill the Republican controlled House sends them, now would they :rolleyes:

They might not if both parties in the House had worked on and voted on the bill. How 'bout that Ryan budget getting "deemed and passed" eh?

Revise history, much? Pelosi-Reid-Obama destroyed compromise beginning in 2008.

Even after the public swept Republicans in office to restore some balance, Reid has decided to prevent compromise by simply refusing to let the Senate get involved in the basic business of governance - such as passing budgets - because they have no intention of compromising anything and have decided to rule by Executive power.

Worst, ever.

And the problem with a candidate that is seen as moderate and therefore able to work with both sides of the aisle is exactly what?

Absolutely nothing if both sides of the aisle are willing to work with him. That hasn't been the case for the moderate President Obama.

Exactly.

The last President that had to deal with this sort of rancor from Republicans..was Lincoln. Clinton got a little support before they impeached him over nothing.

Trouble with the lunatic liberals is that they can get on here with a straight face and call the goddamned Marxist Obama a moderate. Now THAT'S funny!:lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely nothing if both sides of the aisle are willing to work with him. That hasn't been the case for the moderate President Obama.

Exactly.

Trouble with the lunatic liberals is that they can get on here with a straight face and call the goddamned Marxist Obama a moderate. Now THAT'S funny!:lol::lol::lol:

Swallow's absurdity is often mildly amusing!

Yeah... Democrats in the Senate would never ever table every job generating bill the Republican controlled House sends them, now would they :rolleyes:

They might not if both parties in the House had worked on and voted on the bill. How 'bout that Ryan budget getting "deemed and passed" eh?

Revise history, much? Pelosi-Reid-Obama destroyed compromise beginning in 2008.

Even after the public swept Republicans in office to restore some balance, Reid has decided to prevent compromise by simply refusing to let the Senate get involved in the basic business of governance - such as passing budgets - because they have no intention of compromising anything and have decided to rule by Executive power.

Worst, ever.

You must spread some Reputation...before...SniperFire again.

Asaritis is as funny as the "lunatic liberals". Obama is not a Marxist and Asaritis is not sane.

Carter likes Romney? You righties have chosen such a moderate to carry your banner that even Jimmy Carter sorta likes him!

It's a no win. If the GOP nominates a moderate they complain he isn't a conservative. If they nominate a conservative they claim he is a zombie eyed granny starver. No winning with these dolts. So why listen to anything they say?

Exactly.

Swallow's absurdity is often mildly amusing!

Seawytch opened the can in this thread. Then it was ...monkey see...monkey do. I'm sure it's been claimed by brain dead liberals before this.

Not a damned thing wrong with a POTUS who can work across the aisle.

Of course we haven't had one for three years plus.

Will be a nice change of pace.
Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

WASHINGTON -- As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

The event -- which provides a telling revelation for how quickly the post-election climate soured -- serves as the prologue of Robert Draper's much-discussed and heavily-reported new book, "Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives."

According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) -- who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.
<more>

Not a damned thing wrong with a POTUS who can work across the aisle.

Of course we haven't had one for three years plus.

Will be a nice change of pace.
Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

WASHINGTON -- As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.

The event -- which provides a telling revelation for how quickly the post-election climate soured -- serves as the prologue of Robert Draper's much-discussed and heavily-reported new book, "Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives."

According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) -- who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.
<more>

is it that you are naive to politics?

When a party loses the white house and is the minority in both houses, they most certainly will need to strategize so they can still have a voice.

Sure, anyone can spin that as trying to "submarine" the President.

But more intelligent minds see it as NECESSARY strategy,

Jeez......you guys really make me laugh.

Actually, since apparently no one reads the linked article, which is from 2011, what Carter said was that he'd be happy to see Romney win the GOP race...

not the presidency.

that said, the right wasn't interested in reaching across the aisle for this president. its funny how rightwingers only want "bipartisanship" when they get their way.

i feel bad for boehner... i think but for the nutbar freshmen in the House, he'd have been a pragmatist.

Published September 16, 2011

Former President Jimmy Carter says he would be "very pleased" to see Mitt Romney as the GOP presidential nominee -- an endorsement that the former Massachusetts governor hasn't yet embraced as he seeks to win over conservative primary voters.

Carter on Thursday was speaking about Romney in the context of religion, and said he hopes Romney's Mormon faith won't be a deterrent to winning the highest office in the nation.

"I'm not taking a position, but I would be very pleased to see him win the Republican nomination," Carter told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow.
"I don't think anybody is going to beat (sic) Obama next year. But my preference obviously would be for his religious faith not to be an adverse factor in the choices made about who should be representing the Republican Party.”

that said, the right wasn't interested in reaching across the aisle for this president.

That's his job. IT IS CALLED LEADERSHIP.

It is just another reason why you don't give the Presidency to a guy whose entire executive experience amounted to his running his school newspaper.

that said, the right wasn't interested in reaching across the aisle for this president.

It is just another reason why you don't give the Presidency to a guy whose entire executive experience amounted to his running his school newspaper.

uh... no. it took him three years to figure out that even when he agreed to heritage foundation ideas, the rightwingers wouldn't work with him.

when the rabid minority leader of the senate says his top priority is your defeat, at some point, you have to learn to tell those people to piss up a rope.

Romney will not tolerate the Tea Party nutbars in Congress and has the money, and when elected, the presidential power to make the curs heel or turned out into the cold.

You far righties better believe that your days of influence end with the beginning of the new Congress.

uh... no. .

um, yes. The LEADERSHIP falls on the POTUS. This is why we remember the great ones.

Don't be stupid.

Forum List

Back