Jimmah Carter, the Herpes of American Politics, SHOULD be asked this...

racism certainly is not dead completely...not from any color skin....from white to red....

but i will say, in my lifetime, it has gotten so so so much better...there have been GREAT STRIDES in this area that can not be denied.

It has??????????? A black caller on Rush Limbaugh just stated that Jimmy Carter with his accusations of racism just set race relations back 50 years. I agree with him. The first black President in history, the media did not vet him, no one is allowed to put him or his agenda under any scrutiny and God forbid you go to a protest to protest his policies because if you do, you are a racist. That's the message that's going out, you don't dare criticize this President or his policies. That's not going to fly with the great majority of American people, including moderate and conservative democrats, so the more this is brought to the forefront, the more in your own party are going to turn on the liberals and not vote for Obama in a second term.

Now you tell me when it was the last time we had a President which was criticized and put under tremendous scrutiny that the people doing so were called racists.

There's the difference.
Hyperbole.

And during Kennedy's presidency, people who criticized him were called anti-Papists. Doesn't mean they all were...but doesn't mean that some of them weren't either.

I will give Carter the premise that some Americans don't like a black president based solely on the fact that he is black...this is true. Just as true as the fact that many didn't like that we have had only white presidents, based on the fact that they have been white.

Now Carter saying that Wilson is a racist because he yelled out liar shows Carter's bigotry against white southerners. He just assumes the guy is a racist because he yelled out liar during the speech, when in fact the congressman felt like Obama was lying and yelled it out (breaking the rules of decorum much like has happened to many past presidents with booing throughout their speeches).

To me this shows Carter is prejudiced against anyone speaking out against obama, his prejudice is that if they are speaking out they must be racist.

I would hope the fair minded, non prejudiced, liberals in the forum would denounce this very low move by Former President Carter.

I'm still trying to figure out how associating the President with Robin Hood is racist. This is baffling.

It is all about RACIST CODE WORDS..... do I really have to lead you by the hand, or can you google that phrase and get the jist by yourself?

"code words". That's funny.

Where do I get my decoder ring because you guys are failing miserably at pointing out the actual racism. Flopping about and pretending that everyone else who doesn't see it is stupid proves nothing (except that you are desperate).

As with MANY things I don't want to Emulate from the Crown, I don't want OUR House of Representatives Shitting all over the 1st Amendment...

:)

peace...

Wilson violated a rule originally written by that great hater of the First Amendment, Thomas Jefferson.

And just so that we all know that this is Carter and has nothing to do with Obama:

White House disputes Carter’s analysis
Gibbs: Obama doesn’t believe he’s being criticized because of his race

NBC News and news services

WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama doesn't believe he's being criticized because of his race.

Spokesman Robert Gibbs said Wednesday that Obama — the nation's first black president — doesn't think that criticism of his policies is "based on the color of his skin."

Gibbs was asked about the topic following comments on Tuesday by former President Jimmy Carter. Gibbs says some people have disagreements with some of Obama's decisions but that those concerns were not because of his race.

As with MANY things I don't want to Emulate from the Crown, I don't want OUR House of Representatives Shitting all over the 1st Amendment...

peace...

Wilson violated a rule originally written by that great hater of the First Amendment, Thomas Jefferson.

Please, post that Rule...

peace...

You were saying?

By contrast, the rules of the House specifically provide that Jefferson’s Manual does govern the proceedings of the House where applicable (Clause 1 of Rule XXVIII). Section 370 of Jefferson’s Manual states that the rule in Parliament prohibiting Members from “speak{ing} irreverently or seditiously against the King” has been interpreted to prohibit personal references against the President. In addition, Speakers of the House have consistently reiterated, and the House has voted, to support the proposition that it is not in order in debate to engage in personalities toward the President. The Chair enforces this rule of decorum on his own initiative.

DECORUM IN THE HOUSE AND IN COMMITTEES

The prohibition on attacking the president’s integrity dates back to Thomas Jefferson’s Manual of Parliamentary Practice for the Use of the Senate of the United States, which he wrote in 1801. In 1909, the House made his proscriptions the explicit rules of decorum, and has put abridgements of his manual in a pamphlet titled, “Constitution, Jefferson's Manual, and Rules of the House of Representatives.”

It stipulates that: “Personal abuse, innuendo, or ridicule of the president, is not permitted. Under this standard it is not in order to call the president, or a presumptive major-party nominee for president, a ‘liar’ or accuse him of ‘lying.’ Indeed, any suggestion of mendacity is out of order.”

GOP paved way for Wilson reprimand - Daniel Libit - POLITICO.com

It's unfortunate when any person comes down with a dementia related mental disorder. But when that person is allowed to speak on behalf of the Democrat Party the results are often quite distressing.
Here's Jimmy's latest quote:
"When they said to bury Obama with Kennedy....."

Carter....shut the fuck up!!!!!! You are now making up fairy tales, spouting distortions and outright lying to America!!!!!! You are doing severe damge to an already disfunctional party that is ruining the country!!!!!!! WE DON'T NEED YOU FUCKING IT UP EVEN WORSE!!!!!!!!

I will give Carter the premise that some Americans don't like a black president based solely on the fact that he is black...this is true. Just as true as the fact that many didn't like that we have had only white presidents, based on the fact that they have been white.

Now Carter saying that Wilson is a racist because he yelled out liar shows Carter's bigotry against white southerners. He just assumes the guy is a racist because he yelled out liar during the speech, when in fact the congressman felt like Obama was lying and yelled it out (breaking the rules of decorum much like has happened to many past presidents with booing throughout their speeches).

To me this shows Carter is prejudiced against anyone speaking out against obama, his prejudice is that if they are speaking out they must be racist.

I would hope the fair minded, non prejudiced, liberals in the forum would denounce this very low move by Former President Carter.

Yep. I agree with you that Wilson was not being racist.

Carter is old and may have jumped on the D train.

"I think it's based on racism," Carter said at a town hall held at his presidential center in Atlanta. "There is an inherent feeling among many in this country that an African-American should not be president."

I think that quote says more about the ppl that Carter hangs with than it says about the "ppl of this country".

I don't give a shit what color Obama is. He's a tool.

That's the word of the day. "Tool". Mani used it, and I took it, and I'm going to use it as many times as I can.

It's unfortunate when any person comes down with a dementia related mental disorder. But when that person is allowed to speak on behalf of the Democrat Party the results are often quite distressing.
Here's Jimmy's latest quote:
"When they said to bury Obama with Kennedy....."

Carter....shut the fuck up!!!!!! You are now making up fairy tales, spouting distortions and outright lying to America!!!!!! You are doing severe damge to an already disfunctional party that is ruining the country!!!!!!! WE DON'T NEED YOU FUCKING IT UP EVEN WORSE!!!!!!!!
When I read your post, I thought no fucking way. But, the idiot really did say that!

The former president addressed that question Tuesday during in response to a question at a town hall forum at his presidential center in Atlanta. The video landed on YouTube.

“I think it’s based on racism,” Carter said. “There is an inherent feeling among many people in this country that an African American ought not to be president, and ought not to be given the same respect as if he were white. And this has permeated politics ever since I’ve been involved in it back in the 1960s, not only in the South, but also in many places throughout the nation.”

He added, “And the outbursts that we see, the scatological language, the sign that I saw on television last night, “We should bury Obama with Kennedy,” for instance, and “Obama is a Nazi,” and Obama’s picture with Hitler’s moustache on it—those kinds of things are not just casual outcomes of a sincere debate over whether we should have a national program in health care. It’s deeper than that.”
Carter Adds His Voice to Race Debate After Wilson’s Outburst - Washington Wire - WSJ

He's not the only one. Surprise, MSNBC did it, too. Ed Schultz can't read.

Coincidence or just chumming the waters?

Last edited:

peace...

You were saying?

By contrast, the rules of the House specifically provide that Jefferson’s Manual does govern the proceedings of the House where applicable (Clause 1 of Rule XXVIII). Section 370 of Jefferson’s Manual states that the rule in Parliament prohibiting Members from “speak{ing} irreverently or seditiously against the King” has been interpreted to prohibit personal references against the President. In addition, Speakers of the House have consistently reiterated, and the House has voted, to support the proposition that it is not in order in debate to engage in personalities toward the President. The Chair enforces this rule of decorum on his own initiative.

DECORUM IN THE HOUSE AND IN COMMITTEES

The prohibition on attacking the president’s integrity dates back to Thomas Jefferson’s Manual of Parliamentary Practice for the Use of the Senate of the United States, which he wrote in 1801. In 1909, the House made his proscriptions the explicit rules of decorum, and has put abridgements of his manual in a pamphlet titled, “Constitution, Jefferson's Manual, and Rules of the House of Representatives.”

It stipulates that: “Personal abuse, innuendo, or ridicule of the president, is not permitted. Under this standard it is not in order to call the president, or a presumptive major-party nominee for president, a ‘liar’ or accuse him of ‘lying.’ Indeed, any suggestion of mendacity is out of order.”

Polk...I'm sorry to say that you are in violation of Tha Malcontent’s Manual of Appropriate Message Board Responses, which states:

"A Poster Who Posts in a Thread Written by tha malcontent CANNOT Prove tha malcontent WRONG...and IF they Do, they Will be Considered in VIOLATION and Will be Censured.

peace..."

Tsk tsk! Consider yourself censured.

peace...

You were saying?

Polk...I'm sorry to say that you are in violation of Tha Malcontent’s Manual of Appropriate Message Board Responses, which states:

"A Poster Who Posts in a Thread Written by tha malcontent CANNOT Prove tha malcontent WRONG...and IF they Do, they Will be Considered in VIOLATION and Will be Censured.

peace..."

Tsk tsk! Consider yourself censured.

^Something to Latch onto in the Hopes of getting the Focus off of that Assfuck of an Ex-(p)resident, Jimmah Carter...

And by the way, Stain, I don't see a Specific Rule in Polky's Post that Backs his Assertion... I see a Word that Leaves MUCH Room for Debate.

peace...

I recall back to a day many years ago while living in a small tobacco town here in NC my brother coming home from school one day with a KKK belt buckle on his belt. I saw my mother turn more shades of red than I thought existed. I watched this woman, who would kill you over her children, in a rage that scared me more than I would have thought possible. She looked at my then 15 year old brother and told him in no uncertain terms that if THAT was how he felt and if THAT was what he was raised to believe then he was no longer welcomed in her house. That she would actually help him pack JUST his clothes, because everything else he considered his belonged to her, and take him to where ever he chose to live from that day forward. I sat in my bedroom and cried at the helplessness I felt watching my brother being told to leave our home by a mother I would never have expected could show such uncaring and rage against one of her children. He left, with just the clothes on his back that day. Around 9 or so that night there was a knock on the door. Standing there was my brother, tear stained face, with the offending belt buckle in his hand. I was pushed off once again to my bedroom but was able to hear the discussion that went on that night. You see, my brother in reality had no clue as to what wearing that belt buckle REALLY meant. He just thought it made him fit in with a very small group of other impressionable teenagers and that it in some small way made him look cool. What he didn't realize was that wearing that belt buckle caused great pain to a young man that had been his best friend for many years and caused the loss of that friendship. A loss that took several years to mend yet leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of all concerned. They were able to mend a part of the friendship they had shared for so many years but there was still a hint of distrust and hurt that they never fully overcame. You see, we were not raised that way. My mother is a staunch believer in "there is no COLOR to determine the worth of a person". She tried her damnedest to instill that belief in both of us but we all know how impressionable teenagers can be and how peer pressure can make kids do things they normally would never consider. My brothers "racism" ended that night but at a great cost. He lost the trust and respect of a dear friend because he "followed a small group of people" instead of following his true beliefs. They speak, even to this day. They share the goings on of their lives as two "aquaintances" would. Not as the friends they grew up being. Even though my brothers friend KNEW that it wasn't really how my brother felt, the hurt that it brought with the thought that he could be swayed to even consider feeling that way never went away. My brother has mourned the loss of that friendship for over 40 years now. ONE STUPID incident took something from him that he can never regain.

What I'm trying to get at here is that many of us grew up in the times of REAL racial strife. Many many of us were NOT raised to be racist or bigots. Yet NOW, in our adulthood we're accused of being just that simply because we disagree with a person's politics. For NO other reason than the fact that the person we disagree with happens to be a few shades darker than we are. It doesn't matter how our lives have been lived, how very NON racist or bigotted we are, just the fact that we disagree with a man who happens to be darker than we are, we're immediately labeled racists and bigots. And we're being called such by people that have NO CLUE as to what's in our hearts or how we live our lives. By people who show their very own racism and bigottry due to where we live or the color of OUR skin. As much as I would have liked to see all the "Hope and Change" actually happen, all I can see is the setting back of race relations in this country 50 years. No longer is there acceptance of differing opinions as what they are.....simple differing of opinions. No longer is there the feeling of healing in this country. Yet if you look around it's really NOT the people that don't agree with the current administration that are perpetuating this. It's those that agree with it!! The term racist and bigot have never been used by so many to justify the dislike of a President in this country.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? Where did all those adults go that embraced the coming of the end of the racial divide in this country? Did they all have some flashback they can't get out of? What the hell happened to it being acceptable to disagree politically simply because you disagree? What the hell happened to the realization that the majority of White people are in fact NOT racist but have the same hopes, fears, beliefs, feelings, etc of everyone else in this country? And the biggest question, WHY the hell do so many embrace this reversion to a time most would rather put behind them? Why is it so easy now for people that used to get along, with no thought of the color of a persons skin, to hate people simply because they don't agree with you?

Yep, "hope and change" we can believe in alright. Sad thing is, it's NOT "hope and change" for the better! Until so many can't get away from immediately calling someone a racist or a bigot because they don't agree with you or who you voted for there will NEVER be a healing in this country. What is happening is a return to times that were tearing this country apart. And many seem to be happy with that. For all the things I disagree with Obama about, there is no doubt in my mind that what is happening to this country is NOT what he had in mind in the beginning. Think about it people. Is this what so many of you really want to see happen to this country?

Forum List

Back