Jimmah Carter, the Herpes of American Politics, SHOULD be asked this...

Thanks again for stating the obvious. How irrelevant.

Now what other obvious things do you want to have a hissy fit about?

One doesn't "HAVE" hissy fits, one "PITCHES" them.... You should read up on regional cultural dialect. On the other hand, a new Englander, and possible others, might "THROW" a fit, but those types of fit are not "HISSY!"
I will try to remember that if it ever becomes all that important to me. Thanks for more useless information.

It is volunteer community service on my part. It keeps you busy, off the streets and out of the pool halls.

I think Jimmy Carter is a very good human being who was a largly ineffective president. And in many regards he's been a terrific ex-president. But I do wish he would temper his remarks more.

In terms of WHAT he said, he is correct. Anyone who tries to deny that racism plays a big roll in this, is just fooling themself or trying to fool others. Racism my not be ingrained in our system anymore, but it is alive and well - probably always will be.
A roll in this? Yes, as racism exists. A big roll in this (telling him he lies or protesting negligent spending practices)? No way.

Actually, the content of the complaint says absolutely nothing about the motives of the complainer.

What would give Jimmy the crazy idea racism is a part of it?

22051309.jpg

cry us a fucking river whydonchya? All we've heard from demoncwats is about how old white male Republicans are irrelevant,, you got your racism,
your sexism, your ageism and your bigotry all wrapped into one neat little package. Clean out your own damn garage.. And here's a tip,, if you dish it out be prepared to take it.

I'm still trying to figure out how associating the President with Robin Hood is racist. This is baffling.

"For the hood" is what the sign says (aka, he's taking from whites and giving it to minorities).

Ah, you ARE being dishonest (or just plain stupid). At this point, I'll let you remain so.

I care more about those who have a clue on the concepts of figurative and literal.

I understand the concepts of figurative and literal. I even understand hyperbole. And furthermore, I understand what is and is not appropriate to say about our fellow human beings. And....I totally understand when a poster dodges instead of ADMITTING that their comment is ridiculous.
Such idiocy. You have demonstrated no such ability at all, and guess what? The more you wish to make a fool of yourself, the more I will highlight that. :popcorn:

I don't know what "no shit" means on the left coast, but here it means, "right". I don't know what Cap'n Literal means on the left coast, but here it means one is being too literal:
Not EVEN YOU should be shot for availing yourself of a CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION. ...
No shit, Cap'n Literal. ....

What Irony...your comment. Considering that it is YOU talking of an editor who should be shot. Figuratively or not.

Soooo. I guess we just chalk you up as a person whose words are not to be taken seriously. That certainly has become clear here.

Carter has been known as the worst president of all time (or at least in the top three). Why anyone thinks his ramblings are worthy of press is beyond me. The editor approving this story should be shot, IMO. I just hope his senility is effective enough in keeping him from revealing any more classified information to the world.

Not too fond of that 1st amendment , are you?

Talk to the Newspeak DemocRATS in the House Banning... Words.

:)

peace...

Certain words are banned from us in the chambers of most legislative bodies in the world. For all the fire and ire on the floor of the House of Commons, you can't call the Prime Minister a liar.

What would give Jimmy the crazy idea racism is a part of it?

22051309.jpg

I saw this as an excellent play on words to make a point. An example of racism? Never even crossed my mind.

Neither did the "witch doctor" image of Obama. WHite or black, it would be a great play on words to make a point.

As I see it...Only one who sees blacks in a certain light would see this as racist.

In other words...only one with race on his/her mind would see it as racist.

Dare I ask....are you a racist?

The "point" it makes is "you can't trust those darkies, they'll steal you deaf, dumb, and blind". How exactly is that excellent? And before you start trying to call me a racist for pointing that out, it's not racist to know how racists think.

Furthermore, even if you think Obama's policies are wrong, the sign still doesn't make one iota of sense, because Robin Hood was the hero in the story.

i KNOW BLACK PEOPLE USE THE WORD HOOD AND THE *n* WORD ALL THE TIME BUT IF A WHITE PERSON DOES IT IT'S RACISM.. BUT THEY CAN THEN PICK ON OLD WHITE MALE REPUBLICANS,, HAR DEEE HAR HAR HAR. EVEN WISH KIDNEY FAILURE ON THEM HAR DDEEEE HAR DEEE HAR HAR HAR.

I have to seriously doubt the intelligence of anyone who can't figure out the difference between black folks jockularly throwing around the word "******" and the ancestors of slavers throwing it around in a more serious, and racial way.

yes, we see you believe in the double standard. that's typical democwat way of thinking speech for thee but not for me.

TO REPEAT:
And the difference is in cultural dialect, again, that as used in "da 'hood" the word ends in "a" or "ah" and not the hard and emphasized "er" that is used among others of a particular bent.

Those who do not get dialect, or even the tonal quality of language can make egregious mistakes. It can get them in trouble.

------------------------------------

There are words that all groups use for themselves and can joke, but OUTSIDERS are NEVER allowed the freedom to use...... that is just the reality.

"I think it's based on racism," Carter said at a town hall held at his presidential center in Atlanta. "There is an inherent feeling among many in this country that an African-American should not be president."

"Those kind of things are not just casual outcomes of a sincere debate on whether we should have a national program on health care," he said. "It's deeper than that."
- The Herpes of American Politics. (Source AP)

OK then... So when the Left was Calling (43) Hitler and Portaying him as a Nazi and the Joker from Batman, even with Algore Junior's "Brownshirt" comments, what was that, Jimmah?...

Racism?...

peace...

I will give Carter the premise that some Americans don't like a black president based solely on the fact that he is black...this is true. Just as true as the fact that many didn't like that we have had only white presidents, based on the fact that they have been white.

Now Carter saying that Wilson is a racist because he yelled out liar shows Carter's bigotry against white southerners. He just assumes the guy is a racist because he yelled out liar during the speech, when in fact the congressman felt like Obama was lying and yelled it out (breaking the rules of decorum much like has happened to many past presidents with booing throughout their speeches).

To me this shows Carter is prejudiced against anyone speaking out against obama, his prejudice is that if they are speaking out they must be racist.

Hows that for a little morning injection of common sense.
I guess Carter is a bigot against himself, since he is also a southerner.:lol:

racism certainly is not dead completely...not from any color skin....from white to red....

but i will say, in my lifetime, it has gotten so so so much better...there have been GREAT STRIDES in this area that can not be denied.

It has??????????? A black caller on Rush Limbaugh just stated that Jimmy Carter with his accusations of racism just set race relations back 50 years. I agree with him. The first black President in history, the media did not vet him, no one is allowed to put him or his agenda under any scrutiny and God forbid you go to a protest to protest his policies because if you do, you are a racist. That's the message that's going out, you don't dare criticize this President or his policies. That's not going to fly with the great majority of American people, including moderate and conservative democrats, so the more this is brought to the forefront, the more in your own party are going to turn on the liberals and not vote for Obama in a second term.

Now you tell me when it was the last time we had a President which was criticized and put under tremendous scrutiny that the people doing so were called racists.

There's the difference.

Not too fond of that 1st amendment , are you?

Talk to the Newspeak DemocRATS in the House Banning... Words.

peace...

Certain words are banned from us in the chambers of most legislative bodies in the world. For all the fire and ire on the floor of the House of Commons, you can't call the Prime Minister a liar.

As with MANY things I don't want to Emulate from the Crown, I don't want OUR House of Representatives Shitting all over the 1st Amendment...

peace...

New Topics

Forum List

Back