Jimmah Cahtah wants Romney to Win

Yah. That's the message I got from Carter's answer too.

The headline will be used against Romney. I fell for it and posted before the video had finished loading.
He said he'd like him to with the GOP nomination.

Well, he started to say he hopes R wins. Then he backed away and said he wasn't taking a position. And then he said he'd be very pleased to see him win the Republican nomination. But it all seemed about the nation being above using religion against a candidate. He wasn't declaring that Romney would be a good person to have be president if Obama didn't win. He just hoped his religion wouldn't be a factor in the decision.

That's what I heard.
Whether or not he backtracked and vacillated, he clearly stated the he would "be very pleased" if Romney won the nomination.

Endorsement?...No....But I didn't say that peanuts endorsed him for the nomination, just that is desirous that Romney would win.

Dud's such an elitist he has to make fun of Carter's accent.

I could make fun of your room-temperature IQ, if that'd make you feel any better, you blabbering little dunce.

He didn't really say he wanted Romney to win. He just hoped that religion wouldn't be a barrier. Regardless of his exact words, which could be interpreted as favoring Romney, later in his statement, I feel he makles it clear he was in favor of religious neutrality rather than Romney, himself.

Yah. That's the message I got from Carter's answer too.

The headline will be used against Romney. I fell for it and posted before the video had finished loading.
He said he'd like him to with the GOP nomination.
And because Obama could play Romney like a cheap fiddle. Romney is a RINO. And that's what Obama wants.

It wasn't an endorsement.

It was a set up question by Rachel Maddow, and the message was about religious tolerance, not about Romney's political qualifications.

The question about religious tolerance needs to be answered. I've heard people on two different sites say it would be wrong to vote for a Mormon. It happened at Hannity and it happened at HuffingtonPost.

So there's a real question about what percentage of people would rule out a Mormon any Mormon for president because of their religion.

And that's what Carter was talking about.

IMHO!

Last edited:
Oh, is this rich!

Did I hear someone say "kiss of death"? :lol:

Jimmy Carter wants Mitt Romney to win GOP nomination - YouTube

There's another thread on this. I don't understand how you guys think this is an endorsement of Romney over Obama. It is not. Perhaps it's a little wishful thinking on the part of conservatives.

At what point during that answer did Carter say he is endorsing Romney over Obama? Let's put this in context folks. Maddow asked Carter if he thinks Romney's Mormon faith would hinder his chances of winning the GOP nomination. In response, Carter said that he hopes Romney would win the nomination despite his faith. In other words, he's saying that he hopes the GOP would nominate him without dragging his faith into it.

He also said this:

Jimmy Carter would be 'pleased' with nominee Romney - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

"I'm not taking a position, but I would be very pleased to see him win the Republican nomination," Carter told the MSNBC host, according to advance interview excerpts.

Carter's kind words for the GOP only go so far, and the Georgia Democrat also said he doesn't think "anybody's going to beat Obama."

It looks like Carter might have some inside info that the liberal media is keeping secret. such as no-spin polling results. If Barry is doing as bad as inside data indicates, Carter's motivation might be based on the fact that he would rather have a moderate republican than a conservative in the Oval Office.

Nobody said it was an endorsement, you pifflewit.

In any case "I hope he wins" clearly crossed the man's lips, after which he started backtracking.

Umm... some cons are calling it an endorsement. Try reading the other thread on this, which has 'endorsement' in the title. Yes, he clearly says "I hope he wins", as in "I hope he wins the nomination despite his Mormon faith". It's in the damn video. Did you even watch it?

I don't give a hoot in hell what "other cons" are calling it....Nobody in this thread, including myself, have made that leap.

I watched the video and have conveyed his words as he said them, not as how I want to spin them.

What's clear is that he does want Romney to win the nomination, his rationale notwithstanding.

I don't give a hoot in hell what "other cons" are calling it....Nobody in this thread, including myself, have made that leap.

I watched the video and have conveyed his words as he said them, not as how I want to spin them.

What's clear is that he does want Romney to win the nomination, his rationale notwithstanding.

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone Jimmah endorses I have serious reservations about.

It looks like Carter might have some inside info that the liberal media is keeping secret. such as no-spin polling results. If Barry is doing as bad as inside data indicates, Carter's motivation might be based on the fact that he would rather have a moderate republican than a conservative in the Oval Office.

Of course the peanut man wants Romney to win. Christ almighty! Obama getting creamed in the election is Jimmy's Get Out of Jail Free card. He'd finally get to move out of the Worst Ever President subbasement for that plush residence in the basement.

teabaggingcc5.jpg

Uh-huh...Other than The T's statement, which I clearly missed, who of the other two claimed that Peanuts specifically and categorically endorsed Romney for the nomination?

Neither, that's who.

You've met the fail, pal, and it's in your mirror.

Uh-huh...Other than The T's statement, which I clearly missed, who of the other two claimed that Peanuts specifically and categorically endorsed Romney for the nomination?

Neither, that's who.

You've met the fail, pal, and it's in your mirror.

Reading comprehension FAIL

Of course the peanut man wants Romney to win. Christ almighty! Obama getting creamed in the election is Jimmy's Get Out of Jail Free card. He'd finally get to move out of the Worst Ever President subbasement for that plush residence in the basement.

Neither of those quotes goes anywhere near the implication that Carter's motivation for wanting Romney to win the GOP nomination, is based upon the belief that he is the best candidate for the position...Which is basically what the word "endorse" means.

Now, I believe you were sputtering something about reading comprehension?

Last edited:
Neither of those quotes goes anywhere near the implication that Carter's motivation for wanting Romney to win the GOP nomination, is based upon the belief that he is the best candidate for the position...Which is basically what the word "endorse" means.

Now, I believe you were sputtering something about reading comprehension?

I sure was. Apparently, you aren't too good at it.

Both posters clearly regard what Carter said as an endorsement. It is possible to describe something without actually saying specifically what it is.

Neither of which amounts to any allusion that Carter believes Romney is the best candidate....Which is what the term "endorse" implies.

Maybe you need to comprehend the term "comprehension". :lol:

BTW, Carter's desire that Romney win the nomination is based upon as shallow and superficial a criteria as you can get: Image.

Like we needed any more evidence that liberoidals a far more about form than substance.

Neither of which amounts to any allusion that Carter believes Romney is the best candidate....Which is what the term "endorse" implies.

Maybe you need to comprehend the term "comprehension". :lol:

BTW, Carter's desire that Romney win the nomination is based upon as shallow and superficial a criteria as you can get: Image.

Like we needed any more evidence that liberoidals a far more about form than substance.

So what did those two posters actually mean then?

Forum List

Back