Jim, you asked for it and now you have it

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=583&e=3&u=/nm/20040319/od_nm/oddindia_marriage_dc

Young Man Marries Own Grandmother

PANCHPARA, India (Reuters) - A 25-year-old Indian man has married his 80-year-old grandmother because he wanted to take care of her.

"I felt she needed extra care as she is old. I can look after her better as a husband than as a grandson," Narayan Biswas told Reuters.

"As a husband, I am with her all the time, to care for her," said the high school graduate, who farms rice fields and also works as a tutor.

The grandmother, her back bent with age, says she is "happy" with her young husband whom she married in a traditional Hindu ceremony near Panchpara, a village 100 miles west of Calcutta. Her first husband died more than 30 years ago.

"I helped bring him up with my own hands and now he looks after me. He is a good husband and ensures I get my meals on time," said Premodas Biswas, a red vermilion streak on her forehead, the mark of a married Hindu woman.

Local officials say marrying a blood relation is illegal under the Hindu Marriage Act, but they have no plans to take action against the couple.

"There has been no complaint against them and they are living as husband and wife after a temple ceremony. Their own family has accepted them so we have no plans to act as of now," Dilip Das, a local government official, told Reuters.

Last June, a nine-year-old Indian girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil.

see? It DOES happen!! :p: :p: :p: :D

I noticed that this isn't in the U.S.

"There has been no complaint against them and they are living as husband and wife after a temple ceremony. Their own family has accepted them so we have no plans to act as of now," Dilip Das, a local government official, told Reuters.

Originally posted by deciophobic
I noticed that this isn't in the U.S.

I don't care if it's on Mars!! This is wrong on so many levels wherever you are from!

It's wrong for a grandson to want to help his grandma?

The article sai NO ONE was complaing about it.

Did I say that? Shit, I would like to help my grandma too, but I wouldn't want to marry her!!

Lack of complaints doesn't make it right on any level.

My grandfather has diabetes mellitus. I do things for him on a daily basis, everything from wound care to clipping his toenails.

I can sure as hell take care of him without feeling the need to marry him.

I'M complaining!!! I love my grandmother and I'd take care of her but I wouldn't marry her to do it

And when you allow stuff like that, this is what happens:

"Last June, a nine-year-old Indian girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil."

and complaints don't necesarily make something wrong either.

tell me this, has the girl marrying the dog hurt anybody personally?
afterall, i'm sure they could always get a divorce:p:

and complaints don't necesarily make something wrong either.

tell me this, has the girl marrying the dog hurt anybody personally?
afterall, i'm sure they could always get a divorce:p:

This is so moronic...

Can the dog make a conscious decision to be an equal partner in a legally binding contract? Not in the slightest. That (hopefully, please God) should put the animal marriage issue to death.

Marrying your grnadmother... it's called an incestuous relationship, and it's illegal and, in my opinion, immoral (not to mention disgusting). It's the same reason you can't marry your siblings, parents, or children.

hell i posted this as another thread...lol
yeah its pretty sick. what can this guy do for his grandmother as a hubby that he couldnt do as a grandchild?
maybe its the fact the he can bang her without feeling bad because hes her husband?
sick fuck

and the dog... well lets all PETA on that one. could you imagine the wedding night?

Deci you've got some serious freakin issues in your life that need to be addressed if you think that this is cool in any way, shape or form.

Saddam's subjects learned not to complain too. Once there was no complaining it was all ok, right decicephalic?

I'm not sure, but I wonder if Hindu law prohibits an unmarried man and unmarried woman from living together and the only way for this guy to take care of his Grandmother was to marry her so he could live with her. Yes, I realize I'm grasping at straws. As far as the girl and her dog, I have no clue, other than her parents are obviously out in right field somewhere.

acludem

I can see your way of thinking on that aclu (hindu law). I still just cant get behind it though. Its true that there many be other circumstances of this story that we're not aware.. but, again, I take care of my ill grandfather. I can do that without living with him.

The report, Voices from the Silent Zone, suggests that nearly three-quarters of upper and middle class Indian women are abused by a family member - more than often an uncle, a cousin or an elder brother.

Delhi organisation RAHI said 76% of respondents to its survey had been abused when they were children - 40% of those by a family member.

In India, there is no specific law covering sexual abuse of children by strangers, let alone by family members. The legal definition of rape calls for proof that the rapist actually penetrated a victim, even a young child.

The chances that more than half of India's schoolgirls have experienced or will experience sexual abuse remain very high.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/259959.stm

Ain't diversity great!

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
I can see your way of thinking on that aclu (hindu law). I still just cant get behind it though. Its true that there many be other circumstances of this story that we're not aware.. but, again, I take care of my ill grandfather. I can do that without living with him.

I don't know I think you should make him an honest man.

And acludem on "out in right field somewhere", genius, bravo. Who knew?

Wait a fatal flaw in the genius? I think they practice cremation. Doh.

Forum List

Back