Jim Webb 2016

the little I know about him I'd vote for him over Hilary or the bush and I am conservative . My man is Cruz but if the bush is the nominee then all bets are off !!

good info thanks , how is Webb on guns and immigration Gentlemen ??

yeah thanks OldSchool , I was just over there but thanks for the link in this thread . Like I said Cruz is my guy then maybe Walker or Paul but Webb looks ok on Guns and a little less good on immigration but still better than the 'bush' and 'hilary' in my opinion .

Jim Webb really experienced sniper fire as well as rifle and machine gunfire, 80mm and 60mm mortar blasts from the enemy in Vietnam. Some idiot stated Hillary has the experience to be Commander and Chief.
I would rather have Jim Webb.
A short Bio:Jim Webb, U.S. Marine Corps War Hero:First in his class at Marine Corps Officer's Basic School after 1968 graduation from the Naval Academy, Webb served with the Fifth Marine Regiment in Vietnam as a rifle platoon and company commander.

For extraordinary heroism in Vietnam, Webb was awarded the Navy Cross, the Silver Star Medal, 2 Bronze Star Medals (with combat Vs) and 2 Purple Hearts. Before leaving the service in 1972, Webb also taught tactics and weapons at Officer Candidate School, and served on the Secretary of Navy's staff.

webb seems to be old style democrat to me which is much preferable to a rino 'bush' , Hilary or lefty democrat !!

To all respect to Mr. Webb's service, he's just not presidential material.

This is a guy who resigned as Reagan's secretary because he wouldn't cut the Navy's bloated budget in the 1990's when a lot of the Admirals felt it should be trimmed back.

He then switched parties because he didn't like the Iraq War, but he hardly had an alternative course so suggest.

He quit after one term in the Senate without much to show for it.

you make Webb sound ok to me JOEB , no reason to cut back on any defense or offense .

well , that's called an opinion Joe , you are welcome to it but the last thing I would ever cut is defense and the best offense capability in the world .

As a die hard republican and former Marine I'd consider the election to be a toss up if Webb was nominated. It's a shoe in for republicans if Hillary runs.

Forum List

Back