Jim DeMint hates veterans!

I understand DeMint's point of view. I respect him for it. But the military has served this country. Helping them should be a priority. They earned it. Did he?

What he did does not matter. Fucking idiot. He voted his conscience... the rest voted like fucking sheep... and why? Not because they give a shit about our Vets, but because they want to use the misfortune of some of our vets for their petty political power grabs.

So you don't think we should thank the veterans?
As *I* speak for myself? VETS should NEVER be used as pawns for vote buying schemes. It's dishonest as HELL, and I am insulted by it.

"We're pandering to different political groups with programs that have proven to be ineffective," DeMint said on the Senate floor. "All Americans deserve the same opportunity to get hired. I cannot support this tax credit because I do not believe the government should privilege one American over another when it comes to work." [...]

"I'll probably get accused of not supporting veterans by the politicians pandering for their votes, but I'm not going to be intimidated into voting for something that may make sense politically but is inherently unfair and isn't going to work," DeMint said.

This makes no sense. The legislation will either 1) privilege one American (i.e. a veteran) over another when it comes to finding a job, or 2) not work. It can't do both.

No where in that article did it even mention that Sen. DeMint hates vets.

his reason was

"We're pandering to different political groups with programs that have proven to be ineffective," DeMint said on the Senate floor. "All Americans deserve the same opportunity to get hired. I cannot support this tax credit because I do not believe the government should privilege one American over another when it comes to work."
Read more: Jim DeMint: Hiring initiative favoring veterans "inherently unfair" | islandpacket.com

the demonrats should not use our soldiers for political pawns ever!

Were you expecting rational thought from GayBikerBoy? You should know better, WillyT. That would involve using that drug addled brain of his. Ain't gonna happen.

In that vein of thinking DeMint is a lonely voice in the wilderness. 99 to 1. I think there should be motivation to hire vets in a fear stricken hiring environment. Hey...the soldiers got the ball the rolling in Afghan and Iraq. Maybe they can get the ball rolling at home. Hire them and give them purpose. I'm glad they are back. Treat them right and don't let them languish due to fear and hoarding.

No where in that article did it even mention that Sen. DeMint hates vets.

his reason was

Read more: Jim DeMint: Hiring initiative favoring veterans "inherently unfair" | islandpacket.com

the demonrats should not use our soldiers for political pawns ever!

Were you expecting rational thought from GayBikerBoy? You should know better, WillyT. That would involve using that drug addled brain of his. Ain't gonna happen.

In that vein of thinking DeMint is a lonely voice in the wilderness. 99 to 1. I think there should be motivation to hire vets in a fear stricken hiring environment. Hey...the soldiers got the ball the rolling in Afghan and Iraq. Maybe they can get the ball rolling at home. Hire them and give them purpose. I'm glad they are back. Treat them right and don't let them languish due to fear and hoarding.

too bad obie doodle decided to squash 20 thousand American jobs today innit?

Now that is a different thread there Willow, heh?

call me willowtank and you will be in the wallow and I don't give a fuck about your service. I mock those who politicize their service.

That is quite evident. That's ok...I served to keep you in your pathetic silliness safe too.

you served so you could come on a message board and cherry pick and use your service politically.. I mock ewe.

Amazing...I served 21 years, starting before there were even PC's and way before the Internet just so I could come here and cherry pick.

You just are the sweetest, easiest example of what is WRONG with the Right today, Willow.

Thank you for being such a fine example to showcase. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

so says loony willow ijit as she sits home and collects her gubmint checks...

so says loony willow ijit as she sits home and collects her gubmint checks...

and her freedom to do so protected by the very people she disrepects.

You know.......there are several things here......

First, unemployment for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan is at around 12 percent while the rest of the country is at 9. No, employers generally think that a veteran is either too old or overqualified for an entry level position, so they hire the new grad over the veteran. Trust me........I've seen it.

Second, there is NO MONEY BEING SPENT, it just provides tax breaks for businesses that hire veterans, which is something the GOP should be FOR..........unless of course..........they only give tax breaks to the ultra wealthy.

Third.............he's the ONLY POLITICIAN THAT DIDN'T VOTE FOR IT!!!!!! Every last one of his fellow GOP'ers voted to pass it.

Based on that, I'd say that DeMint doesn't care much for veterans.

Either that, or he's so ingrained with the teabagger mentality that he no longer knows what is good and what isn't.

First, unemployment for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan is at around 12 percent while the rest of the country is at 9. No, employers generally think that a veteran is either too old or overqualified for an entry level position, so they hire the new grad over the veteran. Trust me........I've seen it.

Second, there is NO MONEY BEING SPENT, it just provides tax breaks for businesses that hire veterans, which is something the GOP should be FOR..........unless of course..........they only give tax breaks to the ultra wealthy.

Third.............he's the ONLY POLITICIAN THAT DIDN'T VOTE FOR IT!!!!!! Every last one of his fellow GOP'ers voted to pass it.

Either that, or he's so ingrained with the teabagger mentality that he no longer knows what is good and what isn't.

This is exactly the correct answer. Demint..ia has no defense. He has gone from extreme to ultra extreme.

This is exactly the correct answer. Demint..ia has no defense. He has gone from extreme to ultra extreme.
He has perfect OFFENSE...he isn't going to be party to using veterans as a political football to be elected.

Is Demint still a senator? How is that possible.. ppfffttt

Is Demint still a senator? How is that possible.. ppfffttt

Why should he not be? Because he didn't use the military for political point scoring?

Trust you? :lol: Now, that is funny.

I'd say DeMint doesn't much care for politicians who use our military for political point scoring and headlines.

I'd rather have a 'teabagger' mentality than a stoner mentality.

Trust you? :lol: Now, that is funny.

I'd say DeMint doesn't much care for politicians who use our military for political point scoring and headlines.

I'd rather have a 'teabagger' mentality than a stoner mentality.

With my military background, as well as being a member of the PRP team for special weapons, I went to try to apply at Pantex here in Amarillo. Unfortunately, even though I'd retired at 38, I was 2 years too old to be considered.

I also had 2 1/2 years of experience as a salesman for the Navy via working at a MEPS. Not only had I been sent to military schools, but had also been sent to several civilian sales schools for training. Tried to apply as a salesman for insurance and cars, but they told me that because of the other experience I'd listed on my resume, I was overqualified for an entry level position.

After around 8 months of that, I grabbed what jobs I could, generally as a short order cook or manual labor type work. When I figured out how to live on my retirement, I decided to quit working for good and be retired for permanent.

Yes. The hiring of veterans IS a problem in this country, and there's gonna be even more veterans looking for work after Christmas when they come home.

Sorry that you only see through the lenses of your bullshit vision of privledge.

Forum List

Back