Jim DeMint: Gays And Unmarried, Pregnant Women Should Not Teach Public School

Where did I say those should be illegal? (That would increase the size of the government)
I would encourage those "teachers" to start their own school. It would demonstrate how many parents would "pay" to have their children "exposed" to people that choose to live a less moral lifestyle.
Guessing by the amount of negative feedback, some of you feel that the schools are a great experiment to be conducted on other people's children, and not an institution that focuses on reading, writing, and arithmetic. How does "exposing" children to distractive lifestyles improve their test scores?

The examples you gave were ALL Illegal activities,

which logically leads to my statement.

It's not my responsibility to protect folks from what and how life IS.

UNLESS you want to outlaw those thangs, they're a part of Real Life,

NOT Illegal, and NOT to be discriminated against,

any more than ~ (I just saw this thread, but it's a good example) ~ PROCESSED FOODS.

We ALL have to learn how to deal with them,

and how to make our own decisions about them.

Where did I say those should be illegal? (That would increase the size of the government)
I would encourage those "teachers" to start their own school. It would demonstrate how many parents would "pay" to have their children "exposed" to people that choose to live a less moral lifestyle.
Guessing by the amount of negative feedback, some of you feel that the schools are a great experiment to be conducted on other people's children, and not an institution that focuses on reading, writing, and arithmetic. How does "exposing" children to distractive lifestyles improve their test scores?

any more than ~ (I just saw this thread, but it's a good example) ~ PROCESSED FOODS.

Still....open this can of worms and you may get a surprise.

Pretty soon any special interest group will feel discriminated against.

There are so many things wrong with his statements that I don't even know where to begin criticizing them.

Maybe that is because you are "comfortably numb". Teachers are role models. If they want to display behaviors that are against the taxpayers' (parents') beliefs or morals, they should not be supported by tax dollars. If they want to run their own schools and display those behaviors, go for it! Use free enterprise to push your beliefs, not my tax dollars.[/QUOTE]

Lets see, I don't know where to begin with the so many things wrong in your statements............sigh.

Comfortably numb = Accepts people for who and what they are.

Teachers Role Models = No, that is your mommy slaving on her knees for some executive at work.

Taxpayers are not against gay or singles behaviors. Phtttt!

Run their own school = No they want to run the public schools & don't give a fuck if you like it or not!! LOL!

Don't use my tax dollars = Sorry, we might make an American out of you yet......... LMAO!! :lol:

There are so many things wrong with his statements that I don't even know where to begin criticizing them.

Maybe that is because you are "comfortably numb". Teachers are role models. If they want to display behaviors that are against the taxpayers' (parents') beliefs or morals, they should not be supported by tax dollars. If they want to run their own schools and display those behaviors, go for it! Use free enterprise to push your beliefs, not my tax dollars.

Lets see, I don't know where to begin with the so many things wrong in your statements............sigh.

Teachers Role Models = No, that is your mommy slaving on her knees for some executive at work.

Run their own school = No they want to run the public schools & don't give a fuck if you like it or not!! LOL!

Don't use my tax dollars = Sorry, we might make an American out of you yet......... LMAO!! :lol:

Comfortably numb means a relaxed set of values. Morals don't exactly matter all that much. I'm sure teaching that to our kids is a good idea. Uh huh.

Maybe that is because you are "comfortably numb". Teachers are role models. If they want to display behaviors that are against the taxpayers' (parents') beliefs or morals, they should not be supported by tax dollars. If they want to run their own schools and display those behaviors, go for it! Use free enterprise to push your beliefs, not my tax dollars.

Comfortably numb means a relaxed set of values. Morals don't exactly matter all that much. I'm sure teaching that to our kids is a good idea. Uh huh.

Hmm, So it comes down to the gay man in the skys morals? Uh, huh.............

MORALS should be taught At Home,

NOT in a school.

My God, even HE gave us freedom of choice!

Teach Your Children Well;

TALK to them;

BE their Role Models,

YOUR OWN SELF.

You can't pay folks to do it for you...

I was EXAGERATING to make a point. If you don't want children to follow examples that will not help them ethically or morally, you don't "expose" them on a daily basis. Drugs, guns, sex are all part of real life, but we don't WANT them in our schools either. There are appropriate places for advertising your beliefs. School is an appropriate place to learn about math, reading, and writing. I would not want a "hot body" teacher that had every inch of skin tatooed, any more than I would want a half-starved model with full make-up in front of my children everyday, either. I would not think that person would be sending a message of focusing on the intellect; they would be sending a message of focus on the body and appearances.
When it comes to "dealing" with situations or people, the parent should have some sayso with their children. The school has an obligation to protect children from harmful settings, that includes people that would influence them to do things that might be immoral (otherwise the school system would have a program for prisoners of 'adopt a student' day or take your student to prison day).

Just for you... that last part was an EXAGERATION too.

Hmm, So it comes down to the gay man in the skys morals? Uh, huh.............

If you assume being gay is immoral then drive on bud.

This has to be one of the stupidest posts I've read on here in awhile. Congrats on setting that bar so high, or would it be so low? Either way, congrats. :thup:

Based on your logic, we should have drunks, drug addicts, prostitutes teaching in public schools? Why do you say my post is stupid?

So women who have babies out of wedlock and gays are comparable to drug addicts and prostitutes?

I guess maybe if a teacher gets pregnant off a rape that classifies as "out-of-wedlock"? And we should force them either to explain to their 7 year old school students that they were beaten and violently forced to have sex, that way they won't think that the teacher did anything "immoral".

Or maybe they should just have an abortion.:eek:

Fucking idiots.

Last edited:

NOT in a school.

TALK to them;

BE their Role Models,

YOUR OWN SELF.

If morals are taught at home, why should immorality be taught at school?

NOT in a school.

TALK to them;

BE their Role Models,

YOUR OWN SELF.

Well...that is the goal. Teach them relaxed standards then when they need to elect a total piece of shit like say Obama then the kids won't mind it a bit. They're all fucked after all.

Sen. Jim DeMint: Gays And Unmarried, Pregnant Women Should Not Teach Public School

In addition to reiterating anti-choice talking points on abortion and backing "traditional marriage," according to the Spartanburg Herald-Journal, the senator went further and "said if someone is openly homosexual, they shouldn't be teaching in the classroom and he holds the same position on an unmarried woman who's sleeping with her boyfriend -- she shouldn't be in the classroom."

Controversy over DeMint's position on this issue first arose in 2004 during a Senate debate, when he was asked whether he agreed with the state party's platform that said openly gay teachers should be barred from teaching public school. DeMint said he agreed with that position because government shouldn't be endorsing certain behaviors.

"(When I said those things,) no one came to my defense," DeMint said on Friday in Spartanburg. "But everyone would come to me and whisper that I shouldn't back down. They don't want government purging their rights and their freedom to religion."

So what about the parents who support gay rights? Should the teachers who agree with DeMint be barred from teaching in public schools?

Based on your logic, we should have drunks, drug addicts, prostitutes teaching in public schools? Why do you say my post is stupid?
If you want "brain-washed" worker bees, then you give them role-models, not people that are "rebeling against the system". If you want the children to grow up not believing in the rule of law, and taking advantage of the system at every turn, then you give the students "alternative models".
If I am a parent, I do not want my tax dollars to support a person that does not respect my values by trying to push "their agenda" onto school students. It is like the guys that were using drugs and drinking that worked for Chrysler; it was unacceptable for them to do that while they were going to be working that afternoon. If you want to display your homosexual tendencies, or immoral living conditions, or your recreational drug use, don't teach school. If you want to represent a moral person that will be influencing young children, then teach school.

And based on YOUR logic,

being gay or pregnant out of wedlock should be ILLEGAL,

as are all of your examples.

That's a fail, friend.

logical4u, what the fuck makes your values superior to mine? I want my kidlet to grow up free of bigotry, able to respect her elders and authority figures without demanding the 411 on their personal lives. I dun know WTF you hope to pass on to your children, but I see no reason me and mine should fund your little 1950's fantasy camp of Repression Was So Wonderful.

Last edited:

NOT in a school.

TALK to them;

BE their Role Models,

YOUR OWN SELF.

Screw morals.

If a woman decides to have a child and raise her child despite the absense of a father GOD BLESS HER.

A woman with a job and steady income taking care of her child is more then commendable. If she is doing so, nobody has the right to call what she did or does "immoral".

Pushing unwed teachers into abortion clinics so they don't loose there jobs doesn't sound like the "christian right", and believe me that's exactly what's going to happen. Then again the "christian right" only has "morals" when it fits their own sick little agenda.

Keep your morals out of public schools.

As for gays, the sexual preference of a teacher shouldn't be an issue because the sexual preference of the teacher shouldn't be brought up in the classroom with children. Therefore it's a non-issue and just another way for the ignorant senator from South Carolina to stir up the crazies and send them into another frenzy.

NOT in a school.

TALK to them;

BE their Role Models,

YOUR OWN SELF.

Well...that is the goal. Teach them relaxed standards then when they need to elect a total piece of shit like say Obama then the kids won't mind it a bit. They're all fucked after all.

Maybe we can teach them to read and write?

NOT in a school.

TALK to them;

BE their Role Models,

YOUR OWN SELF.

By all means, let's strive to raise even more kids who commit hate crimes against their fellow students because they are gay (or black, or asian, or Jewish, or Catholic or Muslim or from out of town or whatever), because by God that teenaged suicide rate just ain't high enough to suit the raging bigots yet!

Don't use my tax dollars = Sorry, we might make an American out of you yet......... LMAO!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Comfortably numb was in the icon. To me, it means, I tolerate evil and will do nothing to stop it.

If the teacher has authority over the student, the teacher is a role model.

I never said that taxpayers were against " gay or singles behaviors". I suggested there were appropriate places for that behavior.

Yes, I know they want to run "public" schools. That might explain why more people are home-schooling their children. They don't want their children being taught "immorality" and atheism religion at school.

I made a suggestion that those behaviors could be tried in the "free-market" for a school that promoted that type of behavior. Obviously, there is no one here that thinks that type of behavior would be searched out for a price. That would imply the only way to "force exposure" to students is by using public funds to push an immoral agenda.

Maybe we can teach them to read and write?

Well, now there's a novel idea. Send the kidlet to school to master the subjects taught.

Forum List

Back