Jim Cramer Exposed

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/columns/bottomline/6077/

From that article in 2002:

Jim Cramer said:
Take David Rocker, the legendary short-seller, who came on Kudlow & Cramer, my CNBC show, the other night and said that the time to short most tech was over and there are bargains to be had.

Now..

This is from a conference call between Patrick Byrne and, among others, Cramer himself:

Here's a link to the transcript: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3278-overstock-q3-2004-earnings-conference-call-transcript-ostk

where you'll find this quote:

“I've met [David Rocker] once in the supermarket…”

James Cramer
October 22, 2004

Now here's the rest that a lot of people already know about:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/cramer_reveals_bit_too_much_KJjRJ8UuHAiW1dsusV4FYI

"A lot of times when I was short, I would create a level of activity beforehand that would drive the futures. . . . It's a fun game," Cramer said in the Webcast, which was moderated by TheStreet.com Executive Editor Aaron Task.

Cramer later said that "no one else in the world would ever admit that, but I don't care."

However, seconds later, he acknowledged, "I'm not going to say that on TV," referring to his show on CNBC.

And then later in the interview:

He added that the strategy - while illegal - was safe enough because, "the Securities and Exchange Commission never understands this."

Bottom line, this guy is a fraud, and he's using his mainstream credibility and TV show to scrrew people out of millions. He's no fucking different than Madoff. Cramer makes his money short selling, always has, and probably always will. When there are times when people make gains from him, it's because he's obviously got to get SOMETHING right, or else he'll lose his show.

Anyone out there who listens to this mam is a moron. I'm ashamed that he's a fellow philly sports fan, and I'm ashamed he's a fellow investor. He's the kind of person that makes me despise the short selling game, and I typically think shorting is fine, because it sustains liquidity within the market. But he's used his money and his clout to abuse it and manipulate it, and I think he belongs in jail.

I'm surprised he didn't get a spot in the Obama administration.

If anyone wants to know anymore about this man, watch Patrick Byrne's (OverStock CEO) comprehensive documentary called "Deep Capture". It explains the entire game of short selling manipulation, specifically the naked short selling schemes.

Deep Capture the Movie :: Patrick Byrne

Last edited:
I lost all interest in Cramer, even for the kind of twisted amusement carnie barkers give me, when he came out as a pimp for bailout nation.

Why CNBC still allows him to soil their bandwidth with his cheap used car salesman routine is beyond me.

Gus I had to make a few changes to the OP to get my trail right, and fix links and all, but I got it right now.

If you follow my info, you'll see that this man is being ALLOWED to screw investors.

And Dogbert, you took your opinion of him because of JOHN STEWART?

What you should be OUTRAGED about is that Obama chose an SEC chairperson who looks the other way on these kinds of things. All we got with Obama is more of the same, with a different letter next to his name.

Nothing ever changes if you keep picking establishment candidates.

Dog, if there's two sides to every story, what's Cramer's side here?

I mean, he already ADMITTED what he did was illegal. And yet he not only gets to still have a popular TV show, the SEC does NOTHING to penalize him, let alone throw his ass in jail with Madoff where he belongs.

Gus I had to make a few changes to the OP to get my trail right, and fix links and all, but I got it right now.

If you follow my info, you'll see that this man is being ALLOWED to screw investors.

And Dogbert, you took your opinion of him because of JOHN STEWART?

What you should be OUTRAGED about is that Obama chose an SEC chairperson who looks the other way on these kinds of things. All we got with Obama is more of the same, with a different letter next to his name.

Nothing ever changes if you keep picking establishment candidates.

No, I didn't make my opinion of him because of Jon Stewart. I just never thought much of Cramer in the first place and never watched his show. He seemed like one of those sleazy car salesman who just yelled to try and attract people to buy his stocks.

However, he became a complete joke to me once Stewart ripped him completely.

I read all about his tactics after, he should be in jail for them.

And I am outraged about what a lot of Obama is doing to say the least. And thus far through his Administration, I agree with you.

Hey, it's ok though. Since I know how market regulation is going to REALLY work, I know exactly how to play the game and profit from it.

That's the part where in capitalism, for it to work, you have to be willing to do your due dilligence and be INTELLIGENT.

SEC corruption will make me money just like REAL regulation would, if they actually adhered to it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back