Jim Beam's "the devil's cut"

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
There was a saying in the 200 year+ rocky road legacy of whiskey manufacturing in Kentucky and Tennessee that some of the bourbon whiskey lost in the oak barrel fermentation process was "the angel's share". Now the Jim Beam people are marketing a brew they have managed to extract from the formerly angel's share oak kegs and they call it the "90 proof devil's share" ...and it's not for choir boys. I'll give it a shot (no pun intended) and let you know.

Personally I like Evan Williams Kentucky Whiskey because it has a bit of a bite. Beam is too smooth for my taste.

There was a saying in the 200 year+ rocky road legacy of whiskey manufacturing in Kentucky and Tennessee that some of the bourbon whiskey lost in the oak barrel fermentation process was "the angel's share". Now the Jim Beam people are marketing a brew they have managed to extract from the formerly angel's share oak kegs and they call it the "90 proof devil's share" ...and it's not for choir boys. I'll give it a shot (no pun intended) and let you know.
Already had it, it's good. Kind of got a Gentleman Jack, aged Jack Daniels whiskey taste to it. I like the regular Jim Beam better, but that still doesn't mean I dislike the Devil's Share Beam. It's good sippin' whiskey, as is regular JB. Good Bourbon should never be mixed. Drink them straight up.

True enough. Good Kentucky whiskey should be sipped and never be part of some sissy conglomeration that tastes good to little girls. The ban against hard liquor ads on TV was lifted during the Clinton administration.

"I have loved some ladies and I have loved Jim Beam" "They both tried to kill me in 1973"...hank Jr.

My sister loved Jim Beam's great-grandson. He didn't try to kill her but he did fuck her good'n hard.

She sez he was handsome as all get out but a first class sumbitch.

I haven't had a chance to get to the ABC store to sample the stuff. Alcohol regulation goes back to the 19th century or earlier in some states. For some strange reason probably related to tradition and morality the Old Dominion decided that only the state should be in the hard liquor business so my taxes go to renting and maintaining liquor stores and paying clerks and related workers. I'm sure the private sector could do it cheaper. Wine and beer is sold in retail stores.

True enough. Good Kentucky whiskey should be sipped and never be part of some sissy conglomeration that tastes good to little girls. The ban against hard liquor ads on TV was lifted during the Clinton administration.

True words. I'm a whiskey man myself. I'll take it on the rocks in the summer, but other than that, straight and sipped is the way.

Angel's share. I first heard that expression on a tour of the Bushmills Distillery in Northern Ireland. The Irish gave us whiskey, so that figures.

Forum List

Back