Jillian is Obama right about claiming it would be unprecedented?

I know for a fact she does. ;)
Yeah? Prove it.

Jillian has yet to post anything to make me, or anyone with better than half a brain, believe she has managed to pass thru a backwater Missiissippian middle school, much less college or law school. At best, she -cleans- a courthouse, taking special care to soak in the aroma of restrooms.

So, I'd like to see your proof.
Do you think RGS has half a brain?
He doesn't agree with her, but ten bucks he believes she is a lawyer.
So... I'd like to see your proof.

I know for a fact she does. ;)
Yeah? Prove it.

Jillian has yet to post anything to make me, or anyone with better than half a brain, believe she has managed to pass thru a backwater Missiissippian middle school, much less college or law school. At best, she -cleans- a courthouse, taking special care to soak in the aroma of restrooms.

Jillian is a lawyer.
Really?
Is that why she needed to Google "Strict Scrutiny" and then got it wrong?
If she's a lawyer, then I'm Carl Sagan.

Yeah? Prove it.

Do you think RGS has half a brain?
He doesn't agree with her, but ten bucks he believes she is a lawyer.

Luissa I believe she is a Lawyer as she claims, I mean why would she claim it if it weren't true. The problem is that since Obama came on the scene she has gotten stupid and is a troll. Go back before summer 2008 and read her posts, thoughtful, intelligent , wrong usually but well thought out and not one liners.

Since Obama, she routinely does a troll post with a one liner attack, no substance, no defense nothing to back her attack. She openly defends the likes of Rdean and Truthmatters as well.

She won't respond here either because there is no defense for what the President said. It is neither unusual or Unprecedented that the Supreme Court hears and rules on Constitutional issues INCLUDING bills that obviously were passed by Congress and signed by the President. That has been their job since 1803 and one can argue since they were created. I believe someone posted that they have overturned Federal law 159 times in the History of the Country.

Obama is a Lawyer that claims to know the Constitution. There is no way he misspoke, he either does not know History or he lied.
He lied, plain and simple.

Yeah? Prove it.

Jillian is a lawyer.
Really?

Hello Carl.

What is unprecedented is the fact we had a Democrat Party and President ram through a law that was clearly unconstitutional from the begining.

MAybe the republicans should have went to canada to prevent a quorum for allowing a vote on this pos. Oh wait liberals do that kind of stuff..

I don't think Jillian is responsible for the stupid dishonest shit spoken by the President.

And the President was absolutely lying.

Here again is WHAT the President SAID (in relevant part) in that news conference in reply to a question:

With respect to health care, I’m actually -- continue to be confident that the Supreme Court will uphold the law. And the reason is because, in accordance with precedent out there, it’s constitutional. That's not just my opinion, by the way; that's the opinion of legal experts across the ideological spectrum, including two very conservative appellate court justices that said this wasn’t even a close case.

I think it’s important -- because I watched some of the commentary last week -- to remind people that this is not an abstract argument. People’s lives are affected by the lack of availability of health care, the inaffordability of health care, their inability to get health care because of preexisting conditions.

The law that's already in place has already given 2.5 million young people health care that wouldn’t otherwise have it. There are tens of thousands of adults with preexisting conditions who have health care right now because of this law. Parents don't have to worry about their children not being able to get health care because they can't be prevented from getting health care as a consequence of a preexisting condition. That's part of this law.

Millions of seniors are paying less for prescription drugs because of this law. Americans all across the country have greater rights and protections with respect to their insurance companies and are getting preventive care because of this law.

So that’s just the part that's already been implemented. That doesn’t even speak to the 30 million people who stand to gain coverage once it’s fully implemented in 2014.

And I think it’s important, and I think the American people understand, and the I think the justices should understand, that in the absence of an individual mandate, you cannot have a mechanism to ensure that people with preexisting conditions can actually get health care. So there’s not only a economic element to this, and a legal element to this, but there’s a human element to this. And I hope that’s not forgotten in this political debate.

Ultimately, I’m confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress. And I'd just remind conservative commentators that for years what we’ve heard is, the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint -- that an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law. Well, this is a good example. And I’m pretty confident that this Court will recognize that and not take that step.
-- Joint Press Conference by President Obama, President Calderon of Mexico, and Prime Minister Harper of Canada | The White House

Nothing "unprecedented" about it. Even FactCheck had to concede as much. FactCheck.org : Obama Eats His Words

Really?

Hello Carl.
Wow. Another mindless Jilliian groupie.

I guess all that time she spends on her knees cleaning all those courthouse restrooms has paid dividends in her... um... other job.

Well, add me to that list of 'mindless Jillian groupies'.... cuz i know she's a lawyer.

Wow. Another mindless Jilliian groupie.

I guess all that time she spends on her knees cleaning all those courthouse restrooms has paid dividends in her... um... other job.

Well, add me to that list of 'mindless Jillian groupies'.... cuz i know she's a lawyer.
Really?

Stop. Please.

The strict scrutiny standard is applicable in a few well defined situations.

None of that has anything to do with whether Jillian IS a lawyer nor whether she has any obligation to defend the imbecility spoken by the Dweeb-in-Chief.

As a Lawyer maybe you can shed some light on this? he claimed and continues to claim that if the Court overturned the Health Care act it would be unprecedented. Is he right? Explain it to us.

RGS, you know it is NOT "unprecedented". Obama should not have spoken(.)

And of course you have no problem with his out right lie and attempt to paint the Supreme Court in a negative light, right?
That's such a sad precedent for a legacy.

Really?

Stop. Please.

None of that has anything to do with whether Jillian IS a lawyer nor whether she has any obligation to defend the imbecility spoken by the Dweeb-in-Chief.

She is a Lawyer and an OUTSPOKEN Obama supporter on this board, She has made threads defending him, she has attacked posters for making threads pointing out his mistakes and failures. She has neg repped people for speaking against Obama. She has routinely called anyone that speaks out about Obama's mistakes and failures racist.

I would think she would want to defend him if what he said is in fact true.

Really?

Stop. Please.

She is a Lawyer and an OUTSPOKEN Obama supporter on this board, She has made threads defending him, she has attacked posters for making threads pointing out his mistakes and failures. She has neg repped people for speaking against Obama. She has routinely called anyone that speaks out about Obama's mistakes and failures racist.

I would think she would want to defend him if what he said is in fact true.

I was pretty outspoken in the face of the unrelenting attacks on President Bush in support of much of what he did and said.

That would not require me to defend EVERY single thing he said or did. Wrong is still wrong. Dumb is still dumb.

What President Obama said about "unprecedented" was simply and flatly false. He lied.

I would not expect Jillian to feel any obligation to "defend" such crap.

the thing is...Obama has admitted he didn't REALLY mean what he said.

People are just too dumb to understand his super-special harvard law school short-speak.

Sillies.

And Jillian has a life. I don't anticipate her spending much time or thought on this thread.

the thing is...Obama has admitted he didn't REALLY mean what he said.

People are just too dumb to understand his super-special harvard law school short-speak.

Sillies.

It's OUR fault.

If we were just a whole lot smarter, we'd understand what he meant whenever he said something that is obviously false on its face.

Of course, if he were even half as smart as he wants us to believe he is, he wouldn't say the things he says in such a facially false way in the first damn place.

I'll work out the balance of the equation later.

As a Lawyer maybe you can shed some light on this? he claimed and continues to claim that if the Court overturned the Health Care act it would be unprecedented. Is he right? Explain it to us.

Of course it's not. It has been done at least a couple hundred times already.

Forum List

Back