Jihad-Denialist nominated to head the CIA

retro

Dec 10, 2012
UK
There seems to be a pattern emerging here - a very dangerous one.

' Yesterday, John Brennan, Deputy National Security Adviser for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, was nominated to head the CIA.

At best, the 25-year CIA veteran’s record is a mixed bag. At worst, he becomes another link in the administration’s efforts to normalize relations with Islamic terrorists.

In 2009, Brennan came under fire as the result of the colossal intelligence failure that allowed terrorist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab to board Northwest Airlines Flight 253 on Christmas Day 2009, during which he attempted to detonate an underwear bomb.

Ofter calls for his resignation, Brennan responded to the criticism in a USA Today. “Politically motivated criticism and unfounded fear-mongering only serve the goals of al-Qaeda,” he wrote. ”Terrorists are not 100-feet tall. Nor do they deserve the abject fear they seek to instill.” One suspects those on board Flight 253 might disagree.

Brennan further cemented his soft-on-terror credentials only days later in a February 13, 2010 speech at New York University law school’s Islamic Center. In front of a largely Muslim audience, he called for trying 9/11 terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in a civilian court.

During the same speech, Brennan endorsed the administration’s determination to delete words like “jihadist” and “war on terror” from its lexicon. “They are not jihadists, for jihad is a holy struggle, an effort to purify for a legitimate purpose, and there is nothing–absolutely nothing–holy or pure or legitimate or Islamic about murdering innocent men, women and children,” Brennan insisted. “We are not waging a war against terrorism because terrorism is but a tactic [Very similar to Hagel's assertions] that will never be defeated, any more than a tactics of war will.”

In another speech given in May 2010 at the Nixon Center, Brennan upped the ante yet again, asserting that that “violent extremists” are victims of “political, economic and social forces.”

“Hezbollah is a very interesting organization,” Brennan told a Washington conference.
There are certainly elements of Hezbollah that are truly a concern to us. What we need to do is to find ways to diminish their influence within the organization and to try to build up the more moderate elements.”

One might be forgiven for wondering what constitutes a “moderate” in an organization that has carried out a series of worldwide terror attacks over the course of decades, yearns for Israel’s annihilation and, prior to 9/11, was responsible for killing more Americans than any other terrorist organization in the world.

Unfortunately, Brennan’s infatuation with outreach is not limited to Hezbollah. In 2010, columnist Patrick Poole revealed that Hamas operative Kifah Mustapha was given a guided tour of the “National Counterterrorism Center and other secure government facilities, including the FBI’s training center at Quantico.”

Center for Security Policy chief Frank Gaffney, a former Reagan administration official, demanded Brennan’s resignation as a result. ”The FBI gave a guided tour of one of our most sensitive counter-terrorism facilities to a known Hamas operative,” Gaffney said. “It is clear that the cluelessness fostered by Mr. Brennan is causing an empowering of the wrong sorts of Muslims in America and endangering the American people.”

All of the above suggests that John Brennan is, at the least, an extremely dubious pick to head the CIA. But a story by Associated Press columnist Kimberly Dozier entitled, “Who Will US Drones Target? Who Will Decide?” paints an even more disturbing picture of Brennan, who she contends has “seized the lead in guiding the debate on which terror leaders will be targeted for drone attacks or raids.

A soft-on-terror approach, combined with an appetite for unprecedented powers, makes John Brennan a perfect fit for a president with the same proclivities. So does a dubious mixture of incompetence and arrogance. It remains to be seen whether the Senate thinks such qualities work for the nation as a whole. Since the Senate is controlled by Democrats, one suspects that Brennan’s confirmation will be little more than a formality.

Jihad-Denialist Nominated to Head CIA

[Not looking good people ..]:eek:

There seems to be a pattern emerging here - a very dangerous one.

' Yesterday, John Brennan, Deputy National Security Adviser for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, was nominated to head the CIA.

At best, the 25-year CIA veteran’s record is a mixed bag. At worst, he becomes another link in the administration’s efforts to normalize relations with Islamic terrorists.

In 2009, Brennan came under fire as the result of the colossal intelligence failure that allowed terrorist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab to board Northwest Airlines Flight 253 on Christmas Day 2009, during which he attempted to detonate an underwear bomb.

Ofter calls for his resignation, Brennan responded to the criticism in a USA Today. “Politically motivated criticism and unfounded fear-mongering only serve the goals of al-Qaeda,” he wrote. ”Terrorists are not 100-feet tall. Nor do they deserve the abject fear they seek to instill.” One suspects those on board Flight 253 might disagree.

Brennan further cemented his soft-on-terror credentials only days later in a February 13, 2010 speech at New York University law school’s Islamic Center. In front of a largely Muslim audience, he called for trying 9/11 terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in a civilian court.

During the same speech, Brennan endorsed the administration’s determination to delete words like “jihadist” and “war on terror” from its lexicon. “They are not jihadists, for jihad is a holy struggle, an effort to purify for a legitimate purpose, and there is nothing–absolutely nothing–holy or pure or legitimate or Islamic about murdering innocent men, women and children,” Brennan insisted. “We are not waging a war against terrorism because terrorism is but a tactic [Very similar to Hagel's assertions] that will never be defeated, any more than a tactics of war will.”

In another speech given in May 2010 at the Nixon Center, Brennan upped the ante yet again, asserting that that “violent extremists” are victims of “political, economic and social forces.”

“Hezbollah is a very interesting organization,” Brennan told a Washington conference.
There are certainly elements of Hezbollah that are truly a concern to us. What we need to do is to find ways to diminish their influence within the organization and to try to build up the more moderate elements.”

One might be forgiven for wondering what constitutes a “moderate” in an organization that has carried out a series of worldwide terror attacks over the course of decades, yearns for Israel’s annihilation and, prior to 9/11, was responsible for killing more Americans than any other terrorist organization in the world.

Unfortunately, Brennan’s infatuation with outreach is not limited to Hezbollah. In 2010, columnist Patrick Poole revealed that Hamas operative Kifah Mustapha was given a guided tour of the “National Counterterrorism Center and other secure government facilities, including the FBI’s training center at Quantico.”

Center for Security Policy chief Frank Gaffney, a former Reagan administration official, demanded Brennan’s resignation as a result. ”The FBI gave a guided tour of one of our most sensitive counter-terrorism facilities to a known Hamas operative,” Gaffney said. “It is clear that the cluelessness fostered by Mr. Brennan is causing an empowering of the wrong sorts of Muslims in America and endangering the American people.”

All of the above suggests that John Brennan is, at the least, an extremely dubious pick to head the CIA. But a story by Associated Press columnist Kimberly Dozier entitled, “Who Will US Drones Target? Who Will Decide?” paints an even more disturbing picture of Brennan, who she contends has “seized the lead in guiding the debate on which terror leaders will be targeted for drone attacks or raids.

A soft-on-terror approach, combined with an appetite for unprecedented powers, makes John Brennan a perfect fit for a president with the same proclivities. So does a dubious mixture of incompetence and arrogance. It remains to be seen whether the Senate thinks such qualities work for the nation as a whole. Since the Senate is controlled by Democrats, one suspects that Brennan’s confirmation will be little more than a formality.

Jihad-Denialist Nominated to Head CIA

[Not looking good people ..]:eek:

david horowitz is a zionist, a jew who hates muslims and accuses them of being jihadists, a hate monger, is anti-academia, has thoroughly offended most of black america. and is pretty much regarded as an extremist nutcase. why should we believe him?

he is a bigger danger to america than john brennan ever could be. personally, if we want to engage in a war with the entire muslim world, we are going to lose. we have allies among a lot of these countries and are developing more. thst is the direction we should be going in and brennan seems to have that foresight.

Just thought I would add a different perspective from a more reputable source.

"A 25-year CIA veteran who joined Mr. Obama's 2008 presidential campaign after leaving the agency, Mr. Brennan straddled the counterterrorism policies of two administrations, drawing on his experience serving under President George W. Bush when he became Mr. Obama's counterterrorism chief. Indeed, Mr. Brennan may be responsible for much of what both friends and foe cite as continuity in executing the war on terror.

That careful navigation from a Republican to Democratic administration speaks to what colleagues say is an apolitical approach to his work, but it also has sown distrust among some members of both parties. On Monday, civil-liberties groups raised concerns about his role in Bush administration counterterrorism programs and the Obama administration's drone program, while Republicans questioned his forthrightness with Congress.

Mr. Brennan, 57 years old, was named to the CIA job four years after he withdrew his name from consideration for the post at the outset of Mr. Obama's first term. At the time, he had come under heavy criticism from liberals for what they thought was his responsibility for the Bush administration's enhanced interrogation of terror suspects, including tactics such as waterboarding. Mr. Brennan and his colleagues at the time say he played no role in the program."

John Brennan Is Obama's Trusted Adviser on Terror - WSJ.com

Brennan is another proxy for Obama's opinions, especially regarding outreach to Muslisms and denial that jihadists and Islamists are a collective danger!

This Brennan lunatic wants to delete the words "jihadists" and "war on terror" from the official vocabulary and he even referred to Jerusalem by the arabic term al-Quds. He thinks that violent extremists are only victims of social forces!

Like Hagel and Dempsey... Brennan is another perplexing appointment in Obama's successful effort to change the face of America's policy with less military power and the ultimately weakening of USA.

By he end of his term Obama is trying to reduce America super power status to just another large country. If he accomplishes his aim, the world is headed for disaster ... as the superpower of USA leaves a vacuum.

Brennan is another disgraceful appointment in the most extremely left wing Administration America has ever seen!:mad:

Brennan is another proxy for Obama's opinions, especially regarding outreach to Muslisms and denial that jihadists and Islamists are a collective danger!

This Brennan lunatic wants to delete the words "jihadists" and "war on terror" from the official vocabulary and he even referred to Jerusalem by the arabic term al-Quds. He thinks that violent extremists are only victims of social forces!

Like Hagel and Dempsey... Brennan is another perplexing appointment in Obama's successful effort to change the face of America's policy with less military power and the ultimately weakening of USA.

By he end of his term Obama is trying to reduce America super power status to just another large country. If he accomplishes his aim, the world is headed for disaster ... as the superpower of USA leaves a vacuum.

Brennan is another disgraceful appointment in the most extremely left wing Administration America has ever seen!:mad:

If words could be used as weapons I would agree with you. Thankfully I do not. Ceasing the use of certain verbiage merely will keep the left quiet for a while.

It appears Brennan is a major proponent of using drones. "White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan said Monday that the controversial strikes are "ethical and just," with each one being carefully vetted.

"As a matter of international law, the United States is in an armed conflict with al Qaeda, the Taliban and associated forces, in response to the 9/11 attacks, and we may also use force consistent with our inherent right of national self-defense," Brennan said in prepared remarks at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

"There is nothing in international law that bans the use of remotely piloted aircraft for this purpose or that prohibits us from using lethal force against our enemies outside of an active battlefield, at least when the country involved consents or is unable or unwilling to take action against the threat," Brennan added."

John Brennan, White House Counterterrorism Chief, Defends Drone Strikes [UPDATE]

I like the use of drones, better than sending soldiers in.

What the heck is a "Jihad-Denialist" ?? :cuckoo:

Jihad- Denialist is a person like Brennan who doesn't realize that Jihad is a Holy War against unbelievers but thinks the criminals who commit terrorists acts are in fact ordinary criminals not Jihadists.

Jihad- Denialist is a person like Brennan who doesn't realize that Jihad is a Holy War against unbelievers but thinks the criminals who commit terrorists acts are in fact ordinary criminals not Jihadists.
So then Timothy McVeigh and the Uni-Bomber were Jihadists?? :cool:

What are you talking about?

Internal US crimes committed by Christians obviously aren't the work of Jihadists.

Please stick to the topic of the thread which has to do with Brennan.

Internal US crimes committed by Christians obviously aren't the work of Jihadists.

so they are crusaders?

there is no "holy war". that is an easy answer. there are exploited third world countries, exploited by their own rulers as well as foreign powers, and people living in poverty.

i think it is going to be easier to educate them all and establish good relations than to maintain a standing army in different places and try to kill them all.

we have lost far more of our individual freedoms do to a fear of this so called "jihad" than we ever have to any "jihad" itself.

so they are crusaders?

I don't understand how this irrelevant post has anything to do with this thread at all, it is completely irrelevant.... please stick to the topic or start your own thread... Timothy McVeigh and the Uni-Bomber etc...etc...etc..... have nothing to do with Jihadists and Bremmer.

so they are crusaders?

I don't understand how this irrelevant post has anything to do with this thread at all, it is completely irrelevant.... please stick to the topic or start your own thread... Timothy McVeigh and the Uni-Bomber etc...etc...etc..... have nothing to do with Jihadists and Bremmer.

i hate this bremmer guy.

do i need to point out the failure that the installing of the "clean debate zone" was?

you should read some of the other boards, really, beore you are so ready to declare this a failure. i don't see a whole lot of personal attacks going on, for one thing.

perhaps, also, you should start another thread if you want to discuss the relative merits and shortcomings of the CDZ.

do i need to point out the failure that the installing of the "clean debate zone" was?

you should read some of the other boards, really, beore you are so ready to declare this a failure. i don't see a whole lot of personal attacks going on, for one thing.

perhaps, also, you should start another thread if you want to discuss the relative merits and shortcomings of the CDZ.

valid input. i will take my mockery elsewhere.

but one last shot. why even entertain a thread starting with "jihad-denialist" with serious discussion.

so they are crusaders?

you are the one who brought up "jihad-denialists". i think it is legitimate to put that claim in some perspective.

so they are crusaders?

you are the one who brought up "jihad-denialists". i think it is legitimate to put that claim in some perspective.

she is also the one who apparently has a loud opinion on the nominated CIA head Brennan, but cannot even retain the name of the guy.

valid input. i will take my mockery elsewhere.

but one last shot. why even entertain a thread starting with "jihad-denialist" with serious discussion.

you are right about that, and it also adds some validity to your claim of "failure". i don't think i will give up on it completely yet though, although i think i am done with this thread.

Forum List

Back