JFK's Irish Eyes Are Not Smiling On Today's Democratic Party...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
"And so,my fellow Americans,ask not what your Country can do for you; ask what you can do for your Country."

Boy,the current Democratic Party can't get any further away from that sentiment these days. For today's Democrats it's..."Ask only and often what your Country can do for you; never ever ask what you can do for your Country." Yea the Democratic Party sure has fallen. The 'Party of JFK' days are long long gone. It's very sad.

I, too, long for the days of Kennedy's Democratic Party.

May 20, 1962
Kennedy was for Medicare Reform not National Health Care.

I think most Liberals today view the phrase "What you can do for your country" as paying as much in taxes as you possibly can, like 100% of your pay so Government can redistribute it equally like good little Communists.

Kennedy was probably the last real president we had who wasn't a Corporate or Globalist stooge. And as a warning to our future leaders, he paid the ultimate price for it.

Last edited:
He would be appalled at the awful Entitlement attitude the Democratic Party has created. It's all just "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" for them at this point. It is sad.

I think most Liberals today view the phrase "What you can do for your country" as paying as much in taxes as you possibly can, like 100% of your pay so Government can redistribute it equally like good little Communists.

Kennedy was probably the last real president we had who wasn't a Corporate or Globalist stooge. And as a warning to our future leaders, he paid the ultimate price for it.

See the video in post #2.

He would be appalled at the awful Entitlement attitude the Democratic Party has created. It's all just "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" for them at this point. It is sad.

:lol: see video in post #2. He sounds an AWFUL lot like today's Democrats. You can do it, press play. It won't hurt.

I dont hear any Dem's saying this now a days,

"In short, it is a paradoxical truth that ... the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now. The experience of a number of European countries and Japan have borne this out. This country's own experience with tax reduction in 1954 has borne this out. And the reason is that only full employment can balance the budget, and tax reduction can pave the way to that employment. The purpose of cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus."

– John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, news conference

or this;

"A bill will be presented to the Congress for action next year. It will include an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in both corporate and personal income taxes. It will include long-needed tax reform that logic and equity demand ... The billions of dollars this bill will place in the hands of the consumer and our businessmen will have both immediate and permanent benefits to our economy. Every dollar released from taxation that is spent or invested will help create a new job and a new salary. And these new jobs and new salaries can create other jobs and other salaries and more customers and more growth for an expanding American economy."

– John F. Kennedy, Aug. 13, 1962, radio and television report on the state of the national economy

He would be appalled at the way Dems are today.

I dont hear any Dem's saying this now a days,

"In short, it is a paradoxical truth that ... the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now. The experience of a number of European countries and Japan have borne this out. This country's own experience with tax reduction in 1954 has borne this out. And the reason is that only full employment can balance the budget, and tax reduction can pave the way to that employment. The purpose of cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus."

– John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, news conference

or this;

"A bill will be presented to the Congress for action next year. It will include an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in both corporate and personal income taxes. It will include long-needed tax reform that logic and equity demand ... The billions of dollars this bill will place in the hands of the consumer and our businessmen will have both immediate and permanent benefits to our economy. Every dollar released from taxation that is spent or invested will help create a new job and a new salary. And these new jobs and new salaries can create other jobs and other salaries and more customers and more growth for an expanding American economy."

– John F. Kennedy, Aug. 13, 1962, radio and television report on the state of the national economy

He would be appalled at the way Dems are today.

The crux is, Peach, that people of History shouldn't be cherry-picked because when they were alive, they too were dynamic and had a wide range of views just like most people who aren't hacks.

"And so,my fellow Americans,ask not what your Country can do for you; ask what you can do for your Country."

Boy,the current Democratic Party can't get any further away from that sentiment these days. For today's Democrats it's..."Ask only and often what your Country can do for you; never ever ask what you can do for your Country." Yea the Democratic Party sure has fallen. The 'Party of JFK' days are long long gone. It's very sad.

Channeling JFK now?

I, too, long for the days of Kennedy's Democratic Party.

May 20, 1962

Great speech showing the rightwing is full of shit when they embrace JFK as one of their own. Also shows that things have not changed much with the rightwing arguments

todays moronicons are deranged.

they opposed equal rights for blacks until they could do nothing about it so now they claim that THEY are the ones responsible for helping blacks and it was/is dems/libs who are the racists

15 years ago they vehemently opposed women in military academys and today they claim that THEY are the ones who promoted/defended women in these academies and its those darned liberals who thwarted it

they currently still oppose gay rights/equality and I have no doubt that in 15 years when gays have the same rights as everyone else they will claim that THEY were/are responsible for it and it was those rotten dems who opposed it

conservative fiscal policies helped to create this mess we are in yet they insist upon blaming libs and dems

they are clinically insane

and everything they want to do to everyone else should be done to them first

Forum List

Back