JFK is correct. Many leaders of foreign lands deplore the Bush doctrine.

I feel so stupid! You guys really helped me on this one.
it's so simple. We just cut everyone from social security tomorrow and they immediately go and get a job....and in a frenzy of thanks vote Republican. And here I was thinking there were men who desperately wanted to provide for thier families and become full and active members of the working society. Here's me thinking people had been layed off at 40 and considered too old for re-employment when, as you point out, everyone without a job is just lazy and enjoying the easy life on hand outs. Mr Bush could solve this tomorrow!......why isn't he running this line for re election?

Originally posted by smellthecoffee
it's so simple. We just cut everyone from social security tomorrow and they immediately go and get a job....and in a frenzy of thanks vote Republican. And here I was thinking there were men who desperately wanted to provide for thier families and become full and active members of the working society. Here's me thinking people had been layed off at 40 and considered too old for re-employment when, as you point out, everyone without a job is just lazy and enjoying the easy life on hand outs. Mr Bush could solve this tomorrow!......why isn't he running this line for re election?

Heh you know what it worked like that from 1776 to 1931. That was our system. If you got fired your family took care of you, when you got old your family took care of you. What ever happened to holding people responsable for thier own lifes? It is nt my problem if my nieghbor losses his job. It is not my problem if he can't get another job. guess what my da was a VP at an Enginering firm the got laid off. He was unemployed for 4 years on and off. Guess what he did, he had a masters in enginering and he wroked as a clerk at Holiday, and managed a Video Update while he went back to school. It was hard on my family. We were extermly poor. But guess what we didn't go on welfare and we didn't expect the Govt to bail us out. My dad went back to school and now he is a lawyer. it took him time and we lived very poor but now he has his own practice. He never expected any hand out, he took a shit ass job that paid nothing compared to his old job adn worked because he had to. Some people saying they can't get jobs are just lazy and lying, my Dad had 6 years of college and he worked at an entry level service job making 8.50 or so an hour. It's called sacrifice some americans have complettly forgotten what it means to be sefl sufficient.
P.S don't hand me that people get fired after 40+ and they can't get another job, that's bullshit. They just aren't looking hard enough!!!!! You god damn whinners take responsibilty for your own lifes.

anything we can do to help, buddy

I'm tired of hearing about how the opinion of the US has changed because of Bush and because of Iraq. The 9/11 plotters were planning that when Clinton was in office. I guess they somehow knew that Bush would be elected and that they wouldn't like him. :rolleyes:

I also love how they make insulting remarks about any nation that supports the US in any way on Iraq and things like that. As if they have no right to do that and the only correct way to feel is to be against the war. Why is that? Why do they have to be against it?

BTW, what is Kerry's solution? Always do what the UN says, pass resolutions and sanctions, and try to solve everything through dialog? It would be nice if you could just do that, but it doesn't always work that way in the real world.

I dont have any doubt that many foriegn leaders deplore the Bush Doctrine. Saddam, taliban, North Korea, saudis, Syrian, etc. you get my point.

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
I'm tired of hearing about how the opinion of the US has changed because of Bush and because of Iraq. The 9/11 plotters were planning that when Clinton was in office. I guess they somehow knew that Bush would be elected and that they wouldn't like him. :rolleyes:

I also love how they make insulting remarks about any nation that supports the US in any way on Iraq and things like that. As if they have no right to do that and the only correct way to feel is to be against the war. Why is that? Why do they have to be against it?

BTW, what is Kerry's solution? Always do what the UN says, pass resolutions and sanctions, and try to solve everything through dialog? It would be nice if you could just do that, but it doesn't always work that way in the real world.

Damn right, dialogue backed up with a " big freakin stick " is the ONLY thing some respect.:eek: The U.seless N.ations would rather " talk " about it till they're blue in the face and then some ( I guess the next level is purple ). The bottom line is if someone doesn't listen or comply after 12 freakin years somehow just a few more months would make ANY difference at all.:confused: If we EVER have to follow the lead of the U.N to protect our sovereignty (sp?) we might as well nuke ourselves and start over.:mad:

I would have thought that those non-voters are predominantly low socio-economic or somewhat disenfranchised. it follows then that a Govt failing on social policy would not desire these people to exercise the right to vote. I think the basic premise that "poor folk don't vote" serves the Govt very well indeed.

Well I guess I bucked the system then, cause I consider myself poor, and I vote.:confused: All kidding aside I love this country and would defend it with my life if need be ( as confirmed by my military service ). I believe there is no other country on the planet as great as the U.S. Sure we have our faults but IMHO no other country in the history of this planet has had so much power and used it so selectively and very seldom if ever ( at least in modern times ) for personal gain, other than to protect our interests. And for you people who subscribe to the retarded theory of " we start wars for oil " I say piss on you and show me where we profited from ANY war we fought ( for personal gain ) and not for the good of the people we have liberated???? sure there are places we maybe should help and don't, but hey as the commercial says "Leon can't do everything". :D

Just who are these 'leaders' that Kerry and Psycho speak of?

Kerry fails to back up foreign 'endorsements'

Sen. John Kerry refuses to provide any information to support his assertion earlier this week that he has met with foreign leaders who beseeched him to prevail over President Bush in November's election.

The Massachusetts Democrat has made no official foreign trips since the start of last year, according to Senate records and his own published schedules. And an extensive review of Mr. Kerry's travel schedule domestically revealed only one opportunity for the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee to meet with foreign leaders here.

On Monday, Mr. Kerry told reporters in Florida that he'd met with foreign leaders who privately endorsed him.

"I've met with foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly," he said. "But, boy, they look at you and say: 'You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy.' Things like that."

Aides and supporters of Mr. Kerry have said providing names of the leaders or their countries would injure those nations' ongoing relations with the current Bush administration.

"In terms of who he's talked to, we're not going to discuss that," spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said yesterday. "I know it would be helpful, but we're not going into that. His counsels are kept private."

Mr. Kerry has made other claims during the campaign and then refused to back them up, including statements that Mr. Bush delayed the deal with Libya to give up its weapons of mass destruction program for political reasons.

Republicans have begun calling Mr. Kerry the "international man of mystery," and said his statements go even beyond those of former Vice President Al Gore, who was besieged by stories that he lied or exaggerated throughout the 2000 presidential campaign.

"I think it's beyond that level. The results of this week, I think he's going to have a very serious credibility problem with the American people," said Rep. Deborah Pryce, Ohio Republican and chairman of the House Republican Conference.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040312-120719-7926r.htm

Forum List

Back