JFK and the New York Rangers!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I love politics..and I love the New York Rangers....so when I saw Larry Brooks' column in the NYPost...I got a Chris Matthew's 'thrill up my leg'!!

Brooks was talking about how the players have internalized the teaching of Coach Tortorella’s, and he says:

"There is a mindset within the room that is filled with disciples of coach John Tortorella who have bought so deeply into the coach’s precepts, the club now has the feel of a cult to anyone outside the inner circle.

These Rangers believe in the method of Tortorella’s madness. They will block any shot, take any hit, bear any burden, pay any price, meet any hardship, support any friend and oppose any foe in order to ensure success in the coach’s image they have adopted as their very own."
Larry Brooks: New York Rangers not trading for Rick Nash of Columbus Blue Jackets keeps team’s chemistry intact - NYPOST.com

JFK: "We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

Oh, yeah!!
Missile crisis??? A mere bag a' shells!

Bring on those Boston Bruins!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlafHVqhM10&feature=related]The United States Marines Hymn - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I thought that idiot Chris Matthews got a "tingle" up his leg. "Tingle". "Thrill". Either way, I'm sure that moron has a Barack Obama poster on the ceiling over his bed, and he gets that "tingle" every night.

New York needs something to cheer about in the hockey world. Both of their teams have SUCKED for a LONG time.

do you remeber the Rangers Bruins rivalry of the 70s? Still the best hockey fight i have ever seen. People who think the NHL hasnt reduced fighting should just look at one of those games -- players in the stands -- classic

do you remeber the Rangers Bruins rivalry of the 70s? Still the best hockey fight i have ever seen. People who think the NHL hasnt reduced fighting should just look at one of those games -- players in the stands -- classic

I missed those 'good ol' days'....

.....but me and 300,000 of my closest friends were at the parade in '94!

Oh, I thought you were going to say the Rangers were good at stopping bullets.

I thought that idiot Chris Matthews got a "tingle" up his leg. "Tingle". "Thrill". Either way, I'm sure that moron has a Barack Obama poster on the ceiling over his bed, and he gets that "tingle" every night.

New York needs something to cheer about in the hockey world. Both of their teams have SUCKED for a LONG time.

speaking og JFK and chris matthews,chris matthews is an evil scumbag.He endorces the fairy tale of the warren commission that oswald killed kennedy.May he burn in hell.

Hell I remember as a young kid waiting for the Bruins to arrive at Grand Central and many players walked to old Garden!

Hell I remember as a young kid waiting for the Bruins to arrive at Grand Central and many players walked to old Garden!

Today:

Rangers Continue Dominance Over Bruins, Escape With 4-3 Victory
NEW YORK (AP) — Derek Stepan and Marian Gaborik both scored tiebreaking goals in the third period, and the New York Rangers held on to beat the Boston Bruins 4-3 on Sunday.
Gaborik gave the Rangers a 3-2 lead 3:14 into the third with his 32nd goal, but David Krejci tied it for Boston at 11:42. The Bruins barely had time to celebrate before Stepan ripped a drive from the left circle that sailed past stunned goalie Tim Thomas and under the crossbar 39 seconds later.

New York Rangers Continue Dominance Over Boston Bruins, Escape With 4-3 Victory « CBS New York

Too bad they'll be swept by the Canucks!

This Rangers team is better than 1994 when they beat the Canucks last time...

I would concentrate on how to rebuild Vancouver after they lose again...

I disagree. Lundqvist is playing great, but Ricther around that time was almost as good as Lundqvist is right now.

But the Rangers' D right now isn't as good, and on forward they're not as deep. It's the 2nd and 3rd lines that usually make or break a playoff team-and quite frankly I don't think the Rangers are deep enough on their 3rd liners to win the Cup. I think the Rangers will go to the 2nd round, maybe the ECF but that's about it. They will lose if they run into Pittsburgh (especially with Crosby most likely being healthy by then), or Boston.

The playoffs in the NHL are long and exhausting, it's not always the "best" or more talented team that wins it in the end. Talented teams can (and often do) lose to less talented teams that play a lot more physically-because by the end of a 7 game series (especially if it's your team's 2 or 3 series), teams get worn down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back