Jezebel: 'White Beauty' Has An Ugly Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd. I'm a white woman with blue eyes and blonde hair. I sometimes wished I was more exotic looking, with darker skin and hair, like an Indian or such.
Luuuuke. Come to the dark side.

I have dark hair, pale skin that is blotched with freckles, green eyes. My genes haven't yet decided what to do from an evolutionary standpoint. And, that's OK with me. My hair feels like an oven in the sunny summertime, I need to wear shades, I get burnt where there are no freckles and where there are freckles, they get bigger.

Looks like I'm an evolutionary retard. :)

Looks like you have the genes of a certain Northern stock that's adapted to the cold winters and not the sun of where you now reside ;)

That's odd. I'm a white woman with blue eyes and blonde hair. I sometimes wished I was more exotic looking, with darker skin and hair, like an Indian or such.

I have dark hair, pale skin that is blotched with freckles, green eyes. My genes haven't yet decided what to do from an evolutionary standpoint. And, that's OK with me. My hair feels like an oven in the sunny summertime, I need to wear shades, I get burnt where there are no freckles and where there are freckles, they get bigger.

i hear ya...me, too.

i have olive skin and curly hair... i don't burn.... but i wouldn't have minded being 5'8. :lol:

That's wrong! According to Jillianit's sick that you should be made to feel you'd bee prettier as a different race. *neofeminist rant*

i hear ya...me, too.

i have olive skin and curly hair... i don't burn.... but i wouldn't have minded being 5'8. :lol:
See, I would love curly hair and olive skin. I am 5'8" but would like to be 5'10". :lol:

I think this all is just a case of greener grass, including the OP.

☭proletarian☭;1842454 said:
We've discussed skin-lightening in India before, but, according to The Independent, new skin-whitening commercials are igniting a "race row" in that country
'White Beauty' Has An Ugly Message - Unilever - Jezebel

So, basically, women in India want to be white and some people are angered by that.

I personally think the darker skin Indian women are more attractive.
The light skin Indian women look kind of strange.Like Ghosts or something.
But a lot of Indians get themselves brainwahsed into thinking lighter is better, its all false
Indians.
The dark skin Indians are more beautiful looking,more natural looking.

☭proletarian☭;1842491 said:
i think we all know that standards for what is considered "beauty" are societal.

there was a time when fat women were considered beautiful.

Not quite. There was a time when women of a healthy weight filled the magazines- and most men still like such women over anorexic little things that break when you fuck them.

Regardless, you've still yet to give any reason to be upset because women know that clear, light skin is attractive.

You missed a point ,Clear light skin that is then tanned brown again in the sun.

Men are insane

i hear ya...me, too.

See, I would love curly hair and olive skin. I am 5'8" but would like to be 5'10". :lol:

LOL, and I'm 5'10" but want to be more exotic looking!

And my hair is wavy, and I wish it was straight as glass!

☭proletarian☭;1842473 said:
You think people should be angry because women want to be beautiful?

But many Indianian women are beautiful. they don't have to have white skin to be beautiful.

i hear ya...me, too.

As long as the grass is neatly mowed, in a nicely kept yard, I'm all good.

:lol::lol:

☭proletarian☭;1842473 said:
you don't think they should be?

You think people should be angry because women want to be beautiful?

i think people should be angry that anyone is made to feel that one skin color is more desireable than another.

Yes, but as noted, a self-reported blonde's wish to be more dark or exotic or whatever is met with silence. I guess if a shiksa wants to look more Jewish, nobody should be angry about that -- OF COURSE she does!

I doubt this whole notion of total subjectivity of beauty. Why does Tiger Woods pursue EXCLUSIVELY white women? Why, years after the defeat of the Nazis, does the cover of every fashion or women's magazine feature the Aryan ideal? Has anyone ever noticed that for all the insistence that non-white women are just as beautiful, the ones we pick out (Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez) have essentially WHITE features like light eyes, defined cheekbones, etc.? Such that skin tone might not actually be the touchstone, but the white European "infrastructure" if you will? Jewish women love going for a nose job -- way to tell those Germans off, I tell ya what.

Evolutionarily, of course, proletariat is right -- humans are attracted to features that indicate fitness for breeding and survival. Fancy explanation for why guys love big tits.

Beyond that, I just laugh at how this whole issue fucks the race-denial movement upside down. We all hate Nazis, sure, but it's hard to deny they were HAWT.

poster40.jpg

Translation:

You KNOW you wanna tap that.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1842491 said:
Regardless, you've still yet to give any reason to be upset because women know that clear, light skin is attractive.

Which is why so many spend time in tanning beds.

☭proletarian☭;1842497 said:
Then you failed advanced biology. Different races emerged due to different lines of evolution. The different races are adapted to their native environments.

Which is why the vast majority of biological anthropologists reject the idea that "race" even exists in a biological context.

Except for the freckles and that I have blue eyes, you could be describing me.

When I'm lucky enough to have a white beauty I want a Hispanic one. After a week of that I want an Oriental, then a black chick.

There is something to be said for cultures imitating others "in power". Like wanting French fashion folks get these strange pre-teen girl like ideas about what is "cool"

you don't think they should be?

I also don't see why they should be angry.

I don't get angry when I see a tanning lotion that promises a "beautiful bronze complexion"

If these women think they look better with lighter skin it's their choice, just like a white woman who tans or uses creams because she thinks she looks better with browner skin.

Same thing IMO. Certainly nothing to get mad about.

These women in India are trying to follow the marriage market, or the job market. You can rail all you want about why they are doing it, but they are doing so in order to gain either a marriage partner or a job that would be closed to them with darker skin.

So I don't blame the women here. They are doing the best they can. And the company is catering to the needs of their customers.

The real issue here is folks need to recognize this is going on, and discuss why.

As to societal pressures, men like women who look healthy and able to take care of Jr for the long term. Back in the day skinny meant starving, so fat meant well fed and able to handle the pregnancy and the raising of the kid.

these days healthy is seen as skinnier than those days. But the limbic system still responds to wide hips and big boobs, and the neo cortex feeds in the info on what is best knowledge on healthy. Guys who have too much of an issue with skin color have mental problems that smart girls know to avoid. But humans live on the margin all the time, so if a little bit paler improves your chances in the marketplace, a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

Of course, in an older universe skin color might have a survival bonus. These days, not so much. Europeans who were too dark died of vitamin D deficiency, africans and asians who were too light died of melanomas. And the Species moved on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back