"Jews, Get Out" - Armed group vandalizes Venezuela's oldest synagogue

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Venezuelan synagogue attacked as relations worsen

By RACHEL JONES

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — An armed group vandalized Caracas' oldest synagogue, shattering religious objects and spray-painting walls in what Jewish leaders called the worst attack ever on their community in Venezuela.

Two security guards were overpowered by about 15 people who ransacked the synagogue's sanctuary and offices late Friday, leaving graffiti such as: "We don't want murderers," and "Jews, get out."

Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro condemned the attack and promised it would be investigated, while reiterating his government's opposition to what he called Israel's "criminal" government.

"We respect the Jewish people, but we ask respect for the people of Palestine and their right to life," Maduro said in a ceremony called to welcome home two Venezuelan diplomats expelled from Israel this week.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry ordered the envoys to leave after Venezuela expelled all Israeli diplomats on Jan. 6, to protest Israel's offensive in the Gaza strip. President Hugo Chavez labeled Israeli leaders as "genocidal."

Leaders of Venezuela's estimated 15,000-member Jewish community warned that vocal denunciations of Israel by Chavez and the country's government-funded news media may have encouraged Friday's attack.

"These declarations permeate society," said Abraham Levy, president of the Venezuelan Confederation of Israelite Associations.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...PjobQD962EDK00

Last edited:
Can you imagine what Sunni would be saying if someone vandalized a Mosque? If someone accused a Muslim of terror or murder or supporting such?

Yet he routinely attacks Jews. And for no other reason then their religion. HE proves the point of why Israel exists.

This is one of the primary problems with the U.S. Israel lobby and Israel itself necessarily claiming to represent popular Jewish opinion. Anti-semitism, despite being at historically low levels (regardless of their false claims), is inspired by perceived unjust Israeli actions.

This is one of the primary problems with the U.S. Israel lobby and Israel itself necessarily claiming to represent popular Jewish opinion. Anti-semitism, despite being at historically low levels (regardless of their false claims), is inspired by perceived unjust Israeli actions.

BULLSHIT. Jew bashing goes on because they are a convenient group to hate. Europe STILL hates them. Claiming Israel is the cause is ignorant at best.

Can you imagine what Sunni would be saying if someone vandalized a Mosque? If someone accused a Muslim of terror or murder or supporting such?

Yet he routinely attacks Jews. And for no other reason then their religion. HE proves the point of why Israel exists.
You are way off base Sarge.

Posting a piece of current news isn't attacking the Jews.

Also, vandalizing a synagogue, mosque, or a church is wrong and I would never support such actions.

Also, vandalizing a synagogue, mosque, or a church is wrong and I would never support such actions.

Sure you wouldn't that is why you keep posting the anti Jewish crap you do. Pedal your lies else where, they do not fly here. Or did you mis-speak in the thread on how many times Jews have been expelled from Countries?

Sure you wouldn't that is why you keep posting the anti Jewish crap you do. Pedal your lies else where, they do not fly here. Or did you mis-speak in the thread on how many times Jews have been expelled from Countries?
How is posting historical facts or current events in the news, being anti-Jewish?

How is posting historical facts or current events in the news, being anti-Jewish?

according to which historical documents? Mein Kampf?

BULLSHIT. Jew bashing goes on because they are a convenient group to hate. Europe STILL hates them. Claiming Israel is the cause is ignorant at best.

Another day, another baseless claim from you. Even the Anti-Defamation League's Attitudes Toward Jews, Israel and the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict in Ten European Countries indicated declines in anti-Semitic attitudes in European countries from 2002 to 2004, when there was an alleged "boom" of anti-Semitism. It's a pity that you have such a hatred of factual accuracy.

No, what you are saying is total bullshit: Europe does not hate Jews. Europeans (Nations & inhabitants) support Jews & Israel (important trading partner)

Last edited:

No, what you are saying is total bullshit: Europe does not hate Jews. Europeans (Nations & inhabitants) support Jews & Israel (important trading partner)
Every year more and more Europeans are turning against the Jews

Think you could have been a bit more obvious baiting that hook for one of your exercises in semantics? Un-fucking-real.

Jews are still being attacked in the year 2009 simply for being Jewish. That is fucked up. It is no wonder that they need a state from which they can defend themselves, and one with which I will stand by just as a sympathetic supporter. If you are anti Jewish, than fuck you.

I was once Catholic; regardless, though, I stand by the Jewish state and its right to defend itself against its historical enemies.

What is the historical enmity to Jews, anyway? Aside from some prejudicial BS (that which is against Asians, blacks, hispanincs, Italians, Irish or whatever) that is unfounded, what is the problem?

Jews are still being attacked in the year 2009 simply for being Jewish. That is fucked up. It is no wonder that they need a state from which they can defend themselves, and one with which I will stand by just as a sympathetic supporter. If you are anti Jewish, than fuck you.

I was once Catholic; regardless, though, I stand by the Jewish state and its right to defend itself against its historical enemies.

What is the historical enmity to Jews, anyway? Aside from some prejudicial BS (that which is against Asians, blacks, hispanincs, Italians, Irish or whatever) that is unfounded, what is the problem?
Hey the Jews are OK in my book!! :eusa_angel:

I don't understand what the problem with them is either? :confused:

That's true, actually. I think Germany is Israel's largest trading partner. I think maybe even larger than the U.S., but I'm not positive.

That said there's a huge anti-semitism problem there.

I think there is a growing problem in France, actually. There is growing antisemitism among their Arab population.

That said there's a huge anti-semitism problem there.

That false claim has already been rebutted in this thread. Essentially the only European nation that exhibits a truly high level of anti-Semitism is Hungary, and possibly Spain and Poland. Moreover, spikes in anti-Semitism are often caused by Israeli injustices, which underscores my point that the Israeli government often acts as a greater threat to Jews than a protector of them. And this still says nothing of the fact that levels of anti-Semitism in Europe or anywhere else are still sharply lower than levels of ethnic bigotry towards Palestinians in Israel.

Hey the Jews are OK in my book!! :eusa_angel:

I don't understand what the problem with them is either? :confused:

:beer:

Forum List

Back