Jewish testimonies (I absolutely love these)

There was a young man who was seeking spirituality in his life and toward that end he left his hometown in quest to find it. Hearing that Christianity had more than one billion followers he sought out a church and spoke to the local priest. "Sir," he said, "which is the greatest religion in the world?" "That would be Christianity, my son," replied the priest. "And the second-best?" inquired the young man. "That would be Judaism," said the priest. He bade the priest farewell and went on his way. Soon thereafter he learned that Islam had more than one billion adherents also, so the young man went to a mosque and spoke to the imam, "Sir, can you tell me which is the greatest religion in the world?" "Islam is the greatest religion in the world," asserted the Muslim cleric. "And which is the second-best?" asked the young man. "Oh, that would be Judaism, " said the imam. After carefully taking in what both the priest and the imam had told him and, giving the matter serious, deep thought, do you know what that young man did? He went straight back home and became a Jew.

something about that story-----I don't like it----but I laughed.
Do you know the book (approx.) " KUZARI " I don't remember
the details---written by poet Y. Halevi----LONG AGO

I read excerpts of the Kuzari in an anthology of Jewish writings, and I see what you're getting at -- it's a bloodline thing. Reason why the Khazars -- if the story's true -- were vanquished.

Ms Rose, please pardon the jocularity in my previous post.

no problem for me-----I AM PRO---jocularity

Forum List

Back