Jewish stereotypes ultrasensative or OK

In much the same way that those of every other religion think theirs is the perfect religion...or are you just an anti-semite?

Umm, well, I don't agree with them if that is what you mean. However, I do not wish harm for them either. Though I do wish justice on those who brake the law or twist it to suit themselves. If that makes me an anti-semite then yes, but I don't consider myself to be one.

WTF does that mean? Would you not also wish justice on ANYONE who breaks the law regardless of religion! :cuckoo:

And yes, you are right, there are those of every other religion who think theirs is the perfect religion. But at least you can talk to them about it without them getting mad at you, or most of them anyway.

Really? In my experience there are just as many muslims, christians, jews, etc etc who get mad as hell when you start criticising their religion. One only has to look at some of the threads here to see just how true that is.

In my experience there are two topics guaranteed to raise the blood pressure and evoke argument and backbiting...politics and religion.

Yes, I wish justice on anyone who breaks the law, however, we were only talking about Jews, NOT everyone else. ;)

When I said you can talk to others from other religions I was not meaning 'criticising' them. You can talk to others without criticising them. Ask questions about their religion without having an agenda behind it.

Also, talking about politics and religion usually only raises blood pressure and causes arguments when one side starts to 'taunt' the other. If you keep it civil it usually does not cause problems.

In much the same way that those of every other religion think theirs is the perfect religion...or are you just an anti-semite?

Umm, well, I don't agree with them if that is what you mean. However, I do not wish harm for them either. Though I do wish justice on those who brake the law or twist it to suit themselves. If that makes me an anti-semite then yes, but I don't consider myself to be one.

And yes, you are right, there are those of every other religion who think theirs is the perfect religion. But at least you can talk to them about it without them getting mad at you, or most of them anyway.

Geez I wish that were the case. Look at my thread about God killing the first borns and see how many of the protesters push the "I'm offended and mad at you!" button without even trying to answer the question.

Maybe it was because they thought you had an agenda behind your question.

Also, we have a LOT of people on this forum that are only here to attack others. Many who responded to you on that thread are those people. The only one (Peach174) who gave you a good answer was not pushing that button. Most of the others are those who hide behind the Christian religion.

So, you would like to stop Jews from entering discussions?

Are you fucking kidding? JEWS START AND END ALL CONVERSATIONS. We can't get a word in edgewise. That's why the Internet pisses you all off so much.

Ask a Jew one question and get ten answers.

1. The Arabs just hate us because they're jealous.
2. The Germans just hate us because they're jealous.
3. The Egyptians just hate us because they're jealous.
4. The Turks just hate us because they're jealous.
5. The English just hate us because they're jealous.
6. The Italians just hate us because they're jealous.
7. The Russians just hate us because they're jealous.
8. The Venetians just hate us because they're jealous.
9. The French just hate us because they're jealous.
10. The Babylonians just hate us because they're jealous.

Oy, so many anti-Semites throughout history! Vot is wrong with everyone?

I like some of the jokes, but the funniest are from the people who don't know it's a joke.

I am not Jewish though I have some Jewish people in my extended family.

I am part ashkenazi (ashkenatzi) and part sephardic. All matralineally Jewish. Father side.......myehhh...not so much.

What was the name of that blog again? Is it time to repeat it?

As a Jew I can tell you that, contra to what some have said here, Jews are more insecure about the negative aspects of their religion and culture than most. But the rational behind it is pretty simple: Jews have a long history of persecution. Their persecution led to a deep, intrenched and unrational paranoia of anti-semitism. Imagine someone constantly got bullied; then a stanger attempts to tap the individual on the shoulder as a sign of friendship. No one would be surprised if the individual mistakenly reacted as if it were an act of aggretion.

To those who don't think your comment about jewish paranoia is true consider this: not only are those that joke about Jews often called anti-semites, but even more passionatly there are jews who are accused of being anti-semites themselves (the technical term is self-hating jew). One such example is Norman Finklestien who gives rather rational explanations for why he is pro-palestinian and anti-zionism. Nonetheless he was accused by Harvard Professor Alan Dershowitz and many others as being a self hating jew.

Using inference to the best explanation, there are plenty of good reasons as to why Finknlestien is against the Jewsih state. Reasons that he devoted his life to publicizing. Therefore the fact that many jews rationalize his view as being anti-semitic, in spite of the fact that he himself is jewish, is clear evidence to me of the great extent and magnitude of this paranoia.

Forum List

Back