'Jewish settler attack' on film

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
Footage from a video camera handed out by an Israeli human rights group appears to show Jewish settlers beating up Palestinians in the West Bank.

An elderly shepherd, his wife and a nephew said they were attacked by four masked men for allowing their animals to graze near the settlement of Susia.

The rights group, B'Tselem, said the cameras were provided to enable Palestinians to get proof of attacks.

A spokesman for the Israeli police said that an investigation was under way.

So far, no-one has been arrested.

Baseball bats

For the past year, B'Tselem has handed out video cameras to Palestinians as part of its "Shooting Back" project.

The BBC has been given exclusive access to the footage of this particular attack, which happened earlier this week. The date and time on the camera footage shows that it is Sunday afternoon.

Over the brow of the hill walk four masked men holding baseball bats. To the right of the screen, in the foreground, stands a 58-year-old Palestinian woman.

Thamam al-Nawaja has been herding her goats close to the Jewish settlement of Susia, near Hebron in the southern West Bank.

Within a few seconds, she, along with her 70-year-old husband and one of her nephews, will be beaten up.

As the first blows land, the woman filming - the daughter-in-law of the elderly couple - drops the camera and runs for help.

'Ten-minute warning'

Mrs Nawaja spent three days in hospital after the attack.

Returning to the small Palestinian encampment close to the red-roofed houses of Susia, she stepped slowly and unsteadily out of the minibus.

A dark stain showed through the white gauze covering her broken right arm. Her veil was lifted gingerly away from her lined face. A bloodshot eye and intersection of scars revealed a fractured left cheek.

"The settlers gave us a 10-minute warning to clear off from the land," she told me, her voice a tired, cracked whisper.

She and her husband had stood their ground. It is at this point that her voice grows louder.

"They don't want us to stay on our land. But we won't leave. We'll die here. It's ours," she added.

Indeed, the rest of the world regards Jewish settlements in the West Bank such as Susia, as illegal, built on occupied territory.

Those settlements have been a large part of the conflict between Palestinians and Israelis for the last 41 years. The daily confrontation is not often caught on camera. That, now, is beginning to change.

Video proof

The attack near Susia was filmed with one of 100 video cameras that B'Tselem has handed out to Palestinians in the region.

The thinking behind the project is that when trouble flares, rather than just giving a statement to the Israeli police or army, video carries much more weight.

"The difference is amazing," says Oren Yakobovich, who leads the Shooting Back project.

"When they have the camera, they have proof that something happened. They now have something they can work with, to use as a weapon."

We asked a spokesman from the Susia settlement for a comment on Sunday's incident. He declined.

Inside one of the tents belonging to the Palestinians living near Susia, we watched the footage of the aftermath of the attack - the victims slumped by the roadside, bloodied, waiting for an ambulance.

The bright, wide eyes of the children shone with the light of the small television screen.

Violence against Jews as well as Palestinians has long scarred this place. Video may now may be giving us a new and raw view.

But for most people here, the only answer - a political deal - remains out of sight.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | 'Jewish settler attack' on film

FOLLOW THE LINK TO SEE THE VIDEO

Video cameras are CLEARLY antisemitic.

to quote Colbert: "Obviously the TRUTH is biased."

Yeah, Jewish settlers are legally armed.

The Palestinians who they live in the midst of are not.

Anyone who understands the concept of social justice can pretty much take it from there, I think.

Doesn't matter how much real data you bring to this debate, how many acts of terror you can prove are happening to the Palestinians at the hands of the Jewish zealots, the PRO Israeli folks just won't allow themselves to believe it.

Israel is still basically a racist nation and their scapegoat population is the Palestinians.

I know.. I know... How can I point at jews doing horrible shit when there MUST be a muslim cameraman in egypt to blame first.

right Jillian?

Seems to me you all like to believe in that same old bullshit like that so called truth telling video of the Israelis killing the inncocent twelve year old boy a couple of years back...

You all are sooo gullible...Why dont you all just go out there and make yourselves human shields seeing as you love them palestinians so damn much.

Collactive: GIYUS.org - The truth comes out - Al Dura Footage Hoax

The word is out - French court today ruled in favor of Phillipe Karsenty, overturning a lower court decision that he had libeled France 2 and its Middle East correspondent Charles Enderlin when he accused them of knowingly misleading the public about the death of the Palestinian child Mohammed al-Dura in the Gaza Strip in 2000.

The footage in question, shot by Palestinian cameraman and France 2 stringer Talal Abu Rahma, showed the kid Al Dura hiding with his father and then jumped to showing Al Dura lying on the ground apparently dead. The voice over narrative created the impression it was Israel that killed the boy, leading to an unprecedented wave of hatred towards Israel.

You all have been bought... Lock stock and barrel! How does it feel to be duped?

You all are sooo gullible...Why dont you all just go out there and make yourselves human shields seeing as you love them palestinians so damn much.

You presume far too much.

One doesn't need to love the Palestinians nor hate the Israelis to see that both sides of this equasion have their freaking nutcases.

One does have to be totally partisan to ignore all the evidence that one wishes didn't exist.

The truth does not care what partisans want to believe.

Fair enough... now where are your thread postings about the palestinian rockets being sent over from the gaza?

or hezbollah rockets being sent over from lebanon?

since we're being fair and all.....

At one point in time I was more inclined to be fair about this issue. Then the Palestinians continued to use terrorism and preach terrorism in response to Israel. They have gotten to the point where, while I believe both sides have it's idiots, there seems to be a lot more of them on the Arab side. As a result, I'm less inclined to believe anything coming from the Arab side.

After all, you don't see the Israelis dancing in the streets with joy after various terror attacks, now do you?

Originally posted by Swamp Fox
After all, you don't see the Israelis dancing in the streets with joy after various terror attacks, now do you?

Nope.

But you see them putting a bullet in the head of every palestinian who "dares" to leave his refugee camp and return to his place of origin, just like any racist dictatorship that existed before Israel.

US = Indians leaving their reservations.

Nazi Germany = Jews leaving the Warsaw Ghetto.

South Africa = Blacks leaving the "black republics", a.k.a., Bantustans.

José;703208 said:
Nope.

But you see them putting a bullet in the head of every palestinian who "dares" to leave his refugee camp and return to his place of origin, just like any racist dictatorship that existed before Israel.

US = Indians leaving their reservations.

Nazi Germany = Jews leaving the Warsaw Ghetto.

South Africa = Blacks leaving the "black republics", a.k.a., Bantustans.

Makes sense to me, shoot them before they try and kill you. What's the problem here?

And if they shot every Palestinian, there wouldn't be any of them left now, so quit exaggerating.

Makes sense to me, shoot them before they try and kill you. What's the problem here?

Yep, the same propaganda used by every racist dictatorship in the history of mankind to justify keeping the natives of the land herded into impoverished pig corrals:

"They're gonna kill us all if we don't."

"But aren't they killing you now EXACTLY because you keep them locked there?"

"NO, SIR! They're killing us because they are irrational, bloodthirsty arabs!! Just like those damn ******* in SA!!"

And if they shot every Palestinian, there wouldn't be any of them left now, so quit exaggerating.

You got that right, Fox.

Palestinians no longer try to return to their places of origin to live there or simply to visit their relatives.

After more than 2.000 palestinians were killed by Israeli soldiers in the years following Israel’s independence (48, 49 and 50), trying to return to their towns and villages of origin, they finally learned the Zionist lesson the hard way:

“If you don’t want a new hole in your head, keep a safe distance from the Israeli border!!”

Seems to me you all like to believe in that same old bullshit like that so called truth telling video of the Israelis killing the inncocent twelve year old boy a couple of years back...

Collactive: GIYUS.org - The truth comes out - Al Dura Footage Hoax

The word is out - French court today ruled in favor of Phillipe Karsenty, overturning a lower court decision that he had libeled France 2 and its Middle East correspondent Charles Enderlin when he accused them of knowingly misleading the public about the death of the Palestinian child Mohammed al-Dura in the Gaza Strip in 2000.

The footage in question, shot by Palestinian cameraman and France 2 stringer Talal Abu Rahma, showed the kid Al Dura hiding with his father and then jumped to showing Al Dura lying on the ground apparently dead. The voice over narrative created the impression it was Israel that killed the boy, leading to an unprecedented wave of hatred towards Israel.

You all have been bought... Lock stock and barrel! How does it feel to be duped?

HAHAHAHA!

yea dude.. your post isnt' ironic as fuck this side of an aparthied wall and, lately, a video senging you into antisemite autopilot.

Feel free to insist that the SLUGGERS in the above video are just evil pals trying to manipulate the media too.. THAT probably WONT be rich as hell given the two very DISTINCTLY different headlines as noted above.

Fair enough... now where are your thread postings about the palestinian rockets being sent over from the gaza?

or hezbollah rockets being sent over from lebanon?

since we're being fair and all.....

I told ya.. Out comes a video of jews whupping the shit out of pals and what does Jill want to do? deflect by insisting that one must blame muslims first.

typical.

At one point in time I was more inclined to be fair about this issue. Then the Palestinians continued to use terrorism and preach terrorism in response to Israel. They have gotten to the point where, while I believe both sides have it's idiots, there seems to be a lot more of them on the Arab side. As a result, I'm less inclined to believe anything coming from the Arab side.

no more than we saw GERMANS dancing in the street because of a local concentration camp. The native Americans fought back too.. I guess thats why they DESERVED to lose the fight that lasted well into the late 1800s.

:cuckoo:

so, when you watch a movie like "Invasion USA" or "Red Dawn" what side to YOU identify with?

the russians that were trying to set up a CUBAN governemtn in the US or those pesky fucking wolvarines that just HAD to have their land back?

is that the same advice you'd haave given to while south africkaners? I mean, you ARE familiar with a noble peace prize winner named Nelson Mandela, yes? Care to tell me how white people should have given the same wanton killing to the blacks that HE represented while he was busy blowing shit up and killing people JUST LIKE Che Guevera.?

José;703230 said:
You got that right, Fox.

Palestinians no longer try to return to their places of origin to live there or simply to visit their relatives.

After more than 2.000 palestinians were killed by Israeli soldiers in the years following Israel’s independence (48, 49 and 50), trying to return to their towns and villages of origin, they finally learned the Zionist lesson the hard way:

“If you don’t want a new hole in your head, keep a safe distance from the Israeli border!!”

You ever been to Israel? I have. I've seen plenty of Arabs wandering the streets freely, even having shops to sell stuff in an make money. So, keep your Palestinian propaganda where it belongs, in a trash can.

no more than we saw GERMANS dancing in the street because of a local concentration camp. The native Americans fought back too.. I guess thats why they DESERVED to lose the fight that lasted well into the late 1800s.

Whatever. You're comparing apples to oranges and I know some Native Americans that would be real upset at being compared to a bunch of loser terrorists. The Native Americans would have told the Palestinians to take the deal that was offered and enjoy it.

so, when you watch a movie like "Invasion USA" or "Red Dawn" what side to YOU identify with?

the russians that were trying to set up a CUBAN governemtn in the US or those pesky fucking wolvarines that just HAD to have their land back?

I identify with the side I like, just like you do.

Funny how it's ALWAYS apples and oranges when a jew gets busted acting just like everyone else. indeed, sems to me that we just discovered the cause of that double standard blank check you are willing to pass out for the sake of zion.

Indeed, scalping a fucking white man is JUST LIKE giving him a basket of fruit! Natives RAIDING fucking farms and villages? Oh, thats just a welcome mat. VIOLENT occurances during the first 75% of our nations hisotry? CLEARLY nothing like pals reacting to zionism. suuuuuure buddy. SUUUUUUUURE. believe what you want.

NOW you speak for natives, eh? YOU KNOW what Sitting Bull, taking out Custer in barely one hundred years earlier than the fucking 1970s, would say about pals, eh?

:lol:

way to bring your A game, brainiac. And it's not because I LIKE the pals anymore than the holocaust was horrible because I LIKED the jews. Way to sidestep a question that exposes your bullshit opinion.

apples to oranges. What kind of ignorant bullshit reply. but, hey, given that your next automatic response will be to assume I hate jews and call me an antisemite I guess I shouldn't have expected too much, eh?

Forum List

Back