Jewish Dems Start to Abandon Obama

today in the election in NY 9 it looks like there may be reason to hope.

And then, maybe not.

So far this evening the most heavily jewish district in the country is trending to the Republican candidate.

Well, I do think the problem here was that the Democrats got caught off guard in NY-9, or they didn't care so much because they figured this district is being eliminated, anyway.

My first post on this thread since the anti -Obama vote is New York. How sweet it is.:happy-1: Especially for a conservative Jew like myself. If it can happen in New York,it can happen anywhere

Why Obama Is Losing the Jewish Vote

He doesn't have a 'messaging' problem. He has a record of bad policies and anti-Israel rhetoric

New York's special congressional election on Tuesday was the first electoral outcome directly affected by President Obama's Israel policy. Democrats were forced to expend enormous resources in a losing effort to defend this safe Democratic district, covering Queens and Brooklyn, that Anthony Weiner won last year by a comfortable margin.

A Public Policy Poll taken days before the election found a plurality of voters saying that Israel was "very important" in determining their votes. Among those voters, Republican candidate Robert Turner was winning by a 71-22 margin. Only 22% of Jewish voters approved of President Obama's handling of Israel. Ed Koch, the Democrat and former New York mayor, endorsed Mr. Turner because he said he wanted to send a message to the president about his anti-Israel policies.

This is a preview of what President Obama might face in his re-election campaign with a demographic group that voted overwhelmingly for him in 2008. And it could affect the electoral map, given the battleground states—such as Florida and Pennsylvania—with significant Jewish populations. In another ominous barometer for the Obama campaign, its Jewish fund-raising has deeply eroded: One poll by McLaughlin & Associates found that of Jewish donors who donated

to Mr. Obama in 2008, only 64% have already donated or plan to donate to his re-election campaign.

The Obama campaign has launched a counteroffensive, including hiring a high-level Jewish outreach director and sending former White House aide David Axelrod and Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to reassure Jewish donors. The Obama team told the Washington Post that its Israel problem is a messaging problem, and that with enough explanation of its record the Jewish community will return to the fold in 2012. Here is an inventory of what Mr. Obama's aides will have to address:

• February 2008: When running for president, then-Sen. Obama told an audience in Cleveland: "There is a strain within the pro-Israel community that says unless you adopt an unwavering pro-Likud approach to Israel that you're anti-Israel." Likud had been out of power for two years when Mr. Obama made this statement. At the time the country was being led by the centrist Kadima government of Ehud Olmert, Tzipi Livni and Shimon Peres, and Prime Minister Olmert had been pursuing an unprecedented territorial compromise. As for Likud governments, it was under Likud that Israel made its largest territorial compromises—withdrawals from Sinai and Gaza.

• July 2009: Mr. Obama hosted American Jewish leaders at the White House, reportedly telling them that he sought to put "daylight" between America and Israel. "For eight years"—during the Bush administration—"there was no light between the United States and Israel, and nothing got accomplished," he declared.

Dan Senor: Why Obama Is Losing the Jewish Vote - WSJ.com

Obama typically failed to take a strong principles approach in Israel and now both the Jews and Muslims in this country hate him.

I wouldn't go that far, but progress is clearly being made in the Jewish community:cool:

My first post on this thread since the anti -Obama vote is New York. How sweet it is.:happy-1: Especially for a conservative Jew like myself. If it can happen in New York,it can happen anywhere

Why Obama Is Losing the Jewish Vote

He doesn't have a 'messaging' problem. He has a record of bad policies and anti-Israel rhetoric

New York's special congressional election on Tuesday was the first electoral outcome directly affected by President Obama's Israel policy. Democrats were forced to expend enormous resources in a losing effort to defend this safe Democratic district, covering Queens and Brooklyn, that Anthony Weiner won last year by a comfortable margin.

A Public Policy Poll taken days before the election found a plurality of voters saying that Israel was "very important" in determining their votes. Among those voters, Republican candidate Robert Turner was winning by a 71-22 margin. Only 22% of Jewish voters approved of President Obama's handling of Israel. Ed Koch, the Democrat and former New York mayor, endorsed Mr. Turner because he said he wanted to send a message to the president about his anti-Israel policies.

This is a preview of what President Obama might face in his re-election campaign with a demographic group that voted overwhelmingly for him in 2008. And it could affect the electoral map, given the battleground states—such as Florida and Pennsylvania—with significant Jewish populations. In another ominous barometer for the Obama campaign, its Jewish fund-raising has deeply eroded: One poll by McLaughlin & Associates found that of Jewish donors who donated

to Mr. Obama in 2008, only 64% have already donated or plan to donate to his re-election campaign.

The Obama campaign has launched a counteroffensive, including hiring a high-level Jewish outreach director and sending former White House aide David Axelrod and Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to reassure Jewish donors. The Obama team told the Washington Post that its Israel problem is a messaging problem, and that with enough explanation of its record the Jewish community will return to the fold in 2012. Here is an inventory of what Mr. Obama's aides will have to address:

• February 2008: When running for president, then-Sen. Obama told an audience in Cleveland: "There is a strain within the pro-Israel community that says unless you adopt an unwavering pro-Likud approach to Israel that you're anti-Israel." Likud had been out of power for two years when Mr. Obama made this statement. At the time the country was being led by the centrist Kadima government of Ehud Olmert, Tzipi Livni and Shimon Peres, and Prime Minister Olmert had been pursuing an unprecedented territorial compromise. As for Likud governments, it was under Likud that Israel made its largest territorial compromises—withdrawals from Sinai and Gaza.

• July 2009: Mr. Obama hosted American Jewish leaders at the White House, reportedly telling them that he sought to put "daylight" between America and Israel. "For eight years"—during the Bush administration—"there was no light between the United States and Israel, and nothing got accomplished," he declared.

Dan Senor: Why Obama Is Losing the Jewish Vote - WSJ.com
I just read your link to Dan Senor's WSJ article. I was truly shocked to see it all put into perspective in black and white. My prayer is that this will change soon.

They're being duped by pub propaganda- Obama hasn't changed policy on Israel at ALL. This is Wiener's legacy. They'll be back in 2012, Anyway, most Jews are in NY, and NY is going NOWHERE, idiots...HAHA.

They're being duped by pub propaganda- Obama hasn't changed policy on Israel at ALL. This is Wiener's legacy. They'll be back in 2012, Anyway, most Jews are in NY, and NY is going NOWHERE, idiots...HAHA.

I'm calling you on this one, francoHFW. Since the day you got here you've done nothing but use the phrase "pub propaganda."

You're a dirty ol' sock, you came here to push propaganda yourself, projecting it onto people you have a vested interest in vilifying, the republicans. That's fulla bull-oney, macaroni, and nothing but bull-oney.

:bsflag:

feh!

You're a drone who gets all your news frpm Murdoch and Rev. Moon. HAHA. What FACT are you calling me on? You have none. Just Banana Republican propaganda. They've done nothing but ruin the non rich for 30 years with Voodoo. Slowly, and now FAST. Any questions? My guess is you're clueless...pearls before swine...

You're a drone who gets all your news frpm Murdoch and Rev. Moon. HAHA. What FACT are you calling me on? You have none. Just Banana Republican propaganda. They've done nothing but ruin the non rich for 30 years with Voodoo. Slowly, and now FAST. Any questions? My guess is you're clueless...pearls before swine...
You came here with the DNC schtick of lying based on leftist, lockstep propaganda that springs forth from George Soros who buys off moonbat journalists like a fat lady buying candy in a store, and all her friends are willing to take and share this drivel for shared smokes cops would arrest you for. That way, it doesn't matter if it's the truth or not, there's more of where it came from.

The reason leftist lockstep newspapers and television organizations are drying up (other than for paid political dons keeping them afloat) is the lying, rearrangements of history to suit today's immediate whim-filled wish foisted off on John Q Public as "a news story, wink wink rib rib." the reason Fox News is profiting wildly is because they tell the truth according to veracious, easily confirmed factual information from the actual and existing source.

George Soros, my information tells me, has grown tired of your misinformation and may soon back somebody else than the richly-paid mouthpieces that haven't been able to hold up the facade very well when challenged by Fox News. Also, certain hostesses in NY and the nation's capitol have grown weary of your balderdash and are eliminating loser leftist guests one at a time. Sorry, your bull-oney does not pan out here. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back